If you are 50 and a PvPer, why are you still here?

darth_knine

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOLS at all the people that expected PvP from this game. It was obvious to me they were aiming for PvE first. Which they have got down pretty good with the latest patch.

PvP is a nice distraction for me. A few matches now and then and Im in full BM and competitive with everyone.

Well it's Star WARS.

Most of my guild's core members are usually queued almost 100% of the time they're logged in, but something's wrong when most of them are more interested in running raids and hardmodes than queuing these days, we have a valor 91 assassin that has about half WH gear already and even HE doesnt pvp anymore. My guild has been together since 2001 and lots of original members were intact with us throughout the 8 years of SWG, but in SWTOR, we lost over half of them since they're off playing beta GW2 and such and say they aren't coming back.

Edited by Sookster

I canceled but have a few months left, since I paid 6 month sub :(

What is your excuse?

1. I learned to play

2. After I learned to play, I realized PvP was fun

Pity to those who couldn't L2P, and therefore, always remain on the sucky end, and had to cancel subscription.

My sympathies. :o

1. I learned to play

Pity to those who couldn't L2P, and therefore, always remain on the sucky end, and had to cancel subscription.

HOw do you learn to play a nerfed class? I have all healing gear on my CM so what do I do now? Gimped DPS? Maybe I can go turret speck in my full Medics BM gear, I bet I can break 150k in damage per WZ. Seriously though I subbed month to month after 3 because I knew this game was going to turn into a fu#$fest if pvp wasnt tweaked. Well we got the tweak and now it just blows goats. Fun times EA, Fun times

well the last 2 days there has been some good pvp in the black hole, so much so it was an effort to complete my dailies and then i didnt even bother with them , it all depends on the players to make pvp happen. i understand the op though, if you are pvper and you only time you see the enemy is in warzones i can understand the boredom and probably quit the game.

1. I learned to play

l2p? This is by far the easyest pvp game i have ever played, a monkey could play this game, so dont feel like u are so special. L2P has nothing to do with 4 crappy wzs, L2P has nothing with destroying are world pvp planet ilum, l2p has nothing to do with them yanking rated warzones, L2P has nothing to do with long ques, L2P has nothing to do with devs that are totally clueless about pvp.

I remember what it was like when WoW was new, and people were yelling for / about nerfs every other week. I remember when WoW was established, and people were yelling about / for nerfs every other week AND more endgame content. I remember when I quit WoW 2 years ago, and people were yelling about / for nerfs, more endgame content, and baddies who could essentially buy end game characters that they had no idea how to use.

This game is 5 months old. It's not perfect, by any means, but it's also not my only hobby. There are changes that need to be made, and I hope that Bioware figures it out. I don't know what everyone else's experience is, but I find PvP to be fun, even though the Pub side gets facerolled quite often on The Maw. I enjoy seeing if I'm getting any better at playing. I don't have a problem with the grind, and if I get bored, I run dailies and listen to ESPN radio.

You ask why I still play the game as a level 50 PvPer? I might ask you why you are so emotionally involved in a game you hate that you hang out on the forums and QQ all day? Doesn't that strike you as just a little unhealthy, mentally? Since you asked, first, however, I'll answer your question:

Lightsabers

No freaking elves.

Edited by Cave_Dweller

l2p? This is by far the easyest pvp game i have ever played, a monkey could play this game, so dont feel like u are so special. L2P has nothing to do with 4 crappy wzs, L2P has nothing with destroying are world pvp planet ilum, l2p has nothing to do with them yanking rated warzones, L2P has nothing to do with long ques, L2P has nothing to do with devs that are totally clueless about pvp.

Totally right.

Also L2P has nothing to do with the repetitiveness that is of wz. Without World Pvp and with nothing really at stake in losing a pvp fight pvping in this game is in fact quite pointless (almost as pointless as pvp in lotro).

Once you are somewhat geared the fun factor really starts to decline significantly because you pretty much knows how to deal with every class by experience. There is really very little suprises - and without faction-influencing objectives, pvp is quite pointless.

Riding out my free month atm till D3, GW2 and maybe Secret World if I wanna trust Funcom again. Maybe I'll come back after I get bored of D3 and the others end up sucking IF BW makes this game worth it.

I canceled but have a few months left, since I paid 6 month sub :(

What is your excuse?

Have not logged in for months, though they seem to keep throwing free time at me (dont worry I removed my card info from them) Im here because its kind of funny to watch this train wreck. I want to see more gems like "subs are not down" followed by EA showing a 400k drop.

You ask why I still play the game as a level 50 PvPer? I might ask you why you are so emotionally involved in a game you hate that you hang out on the forums and QQ all day? Doesn't that strike you as just a little unhealthy, mentally? Since you asked, first, however, I'll answer your question:

Lightsabers

No freaking elves.

I would imagine your targetting people saying f this game, but I'll answer your question. I am involved in this game. Yes I've cancelled my sub, and yes I'm gonna play some D3 and GW2, not so much TSW(cousins in beta, not happy with how it turned out), but in all honesty, I'm involved in Starwars. Bioware could have crapped in a yard, thrown yoda ears on it and i would have given it a whiff.

I like this game, leveling was cool, voice was neat(sometimes, with main story), but the pvp, is pretty lack luster. I'm involved in the forums, cause I hope a year down the road, theres a version of ilum with real objectives(like, gw2 keeps rvr map, but better since sci fi beats lord of the rings stuff imo), that impacts the servers factions. More than 4 warzones. More World pvp areas for rvr(if rvr comes), space(the fun kind), and things to do while I wait for pvp ques(hell, if they had pazaak tables where I could gamble for credits on fleet that would have been nice, maybe swoop racing heats and other mini games while waiting on 15 minute ques). Server vs server, or at least collapsing servers down to bring up populations(my server is less than 100 imps on fleet, with 20 on rep fleet). And warhero gear, are you ******** kidding me. Four months after launch, and you introduce a tier 4 gear set??? Not to mention, you have to get warhero gear, than you have to get 5 pieces of another classes warhero gear to pull the mods out and place in your orange set of crafted warhero(since the stats make little to no sense for my one class).

I don't have a problem with pvp in this game. I think its limited, and very uninspired at this point, but it has better building blocks to build on them most of the mmo's I've played.(against gw2 pvp, I'm not sure, gw2 has some really fun gameplay, but some of the fighting is a bit drawn out)

Hoping, like other mmo's I've played, I can come back in a year and be blown away with all the changes and additions. I don't want the game to fail, go bankrupt or anything else, I want it to get better, its just not what I want at this particular point in time. If that makes me mental, well so be it.

I am having great fun with mediocre class /guardian/ in pvp. Swtor is a fresh break for me from the arena type deathmatch. And despite some stunning imbalances, it is far better balanced even now than the glorious WoW. Seeing the same faces in wz's for months on end, both republic and imp side on my server shows that these guys enjoy it too. Very few considered "top"players on my server stopped playing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.