If you are 50 and a PvPer, why are you still here?

darth_knine

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Otherwise, I love Star Wars and the whole part from 1-49 is a wonderful game. If they one day may get the PvP right, it might actually be fun.

The Warzones are mostly fun, when your team is about equal to the other, though I'd like a bigger warzone or working Open PvP though there is always room for improvement... and in case of Open PvP there is a lot room for improvement, though we'll see.

As long as I like the game I'm staying. We'll see how long BioWare can make me stay. ;)

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW Didn't launch with a SINGLE WZ or in there case BG.

QQ more

That was 10 years ago. You wish to compete, you have to beat the current MMOs in their current state, not compare them to how they were 10 years ago??

It's like a new iPhone coming out with only the option to text or call people. 'But 10 years ago, you'd be lucky to even get a phone with the Snake game on so count yourselves lucky ...' :p

But 3 is so so SO limited ... To keep many here they'd need to smash out at least another 3 WZs in the next couple of weeks. Leaderboards, more rewarding PvP - who scored in Huttball? Give that man/girl some acknowledgement!

I've heard they're planning on releasing one more WZ the next big release. Too little, too late. Ilum is worthless, the current WZs are pretty broken. Huttball was ok until you have to play it hundreds of times over and over ... IMO there should have been 5-7 WZs released initially. That would have been plenty for a while. 5 years? 20 months per WZ?? LOL :p

5-7 warzones at the start? r u stupid or something? this r talking about mmo pvp instances not fps games.

I dont mind the pre 50 pvp, the after 50 annoys me because you can go hours before you get a game. If the games were more common it wouldnt be bad because they are fun most of the time. My only real complaint is that once you hit rank 60 valor you have no reason to pvp past doing your daily since you get nothing for it. They really need to add more stuff to do that makes pvp more interesting. More warzones, cross realm warzones to help for servers that dont have good population more rewards. Stuff besides gear is even ok stuff poeple might like, better consumables etc that are only for pvp. Ranked matches and ways to compare statistics would be nice. I mean most poeple that pvp do it because they want to be competitive and the pvp in here just isnt offering anything for that. As for the opps first question because right now there isnt any other mmo / online game i really want to play so ill keep subbing this until something else comes out. There is so much stuff coming out this year I can see sub numbers on this dropping to nothing. I mean between GW2 and D3 plus a few new mmos like tera and the secret world poeple will have alot of options for other stuff to try. Most poeple once they cancel wont come back. Edited by Kotome

5-7 warzones at the start? r u stupid or something? this r talking about mmo pvp instances not fps games.

No, but are YOU?

What are the biggest selling games titles? Competitive multiplayers. You want a game to succeed? Concentrate on the competitive multiplayer else expect to have a flash in the pan game where people get bored of the story-mode and you're seeing the shelves in local supermarkets stacked with second hand copies of your game :)

Would you like to try again, friend? :D

I dont mind the pre 50 pvp, the after 50 annoys me because you can go hours before you get a game. If the games were more common it wouldnt be bad because they are fun most of the time. My only real complaint is that once you hit rank 60 valor you have no reason to pvp past doing your daily since you get nothing for it. They really need to add more stuff to do that makes pvp more interesting. More warzones, cross realm warzones to help for servers that dont have good population more rewards. Stuff besides gear is even ok stuff poeple might like, better consumables etc that are only for pvp. Ranked matches and ways to compare statistics would be nice. I mean most poeple that pvp do it because they want to be competitive and the pvp in here just isnt offering anything for that. As for the opps first question because right now there isnt any other mmo / online game i really want to play so ill keep subbing this until something else comes out. There is so much stuff coming out this year I can see sub numbers on this dropping to nothing. I mean between GW2 and D3 plus a few new mmos like tera and the secret world poeple will have alot of options for other stuff to try. Most poeple once they cancel wont come back.

Agree w/ pretty much everything, bar the enjoying the WZs part but I'm on the other end of the spectrum where we get bored of having Huttball every 10-15 mins but can emphathise that it'd be equally frustrating never being able to level valor or get gear by being on a low pop server :(

But yeah, there needs to feel like a greater sense of competition than there currently is. Supposing I've gotten all my medals bar the 300K damage one, there's not much point in me playing the rest of the match. The temptation to AFK the rest is overwhelming because if I get the 300K medal, or 400K dmg or bust my *** for 500K, who cares? The only record is when I took a pic of my 485K score on my phone because I'm a massive nerd :D

I canceled but have a few months left, since I paid 6 month sub :(

What is your excuse?

I enjoy the game.

I enjoy both the <50 and 50 warzones.

Why would I need an excuse to pay 50 cents per day for access to a game which I enjoy?

:confused:

I like action. In real life I need lot of patience and think very far away. And things go slowly.

With pvp I can do something all over that is pretty simple, fast but every time bit different. Used to play lot WoW battlegrounds but never cared to level in Catalysm. So haven't really been playing for a while pvp.

So this fits me just fine. I can log in and play when I want to. I think pvp system isn't perfect but lot less irks me in this one than in WoW's.

WoW had bad tendency to make beginners to feel like absolute rubbish but I think this isn't as bad.

Just waiting for mu sub and i am done with this. Fail PvP. Big hopes ruined by incompetent designers who make the same old mistakes over and over.

k then stop posting your tears on the forums and just um go?

seriously for all the ppl that cry/*****/whine, just go stop posting your non sense and be done with it...

Alot of ppl love the game, mind you it has alot of things to fix but **** so has EVERY OTHER MMO that came out....

That was 10 years ago. You wish to compete, you have to beat the current MMOs in their current state, not compare them to how they were 10 years ago??

It's like a new iPhone coming out with only the option to text or call people. 'But 10 years ago, you'd be lucky to even get a phone with the Snake game on so count yourselves lucky ...' :p

lol 10yrs? bad math is bad...

So, if I'm wrong for expecting EITHER a) quality of content OR b) quantity of content... what the hell is it exactly I'm supposed to do?

Oh, right, get some kneepads and a funnel?

be patient... but yeah, patience is something you don't give a **** about 'cos you want it now otherwise you show off your big ego hoping for someone to pay attention to you.

Feels like a baby which needs to have his diaper changed.

QQ more bro...

'cos really ... you seem mad.

umadbro ?

I am currently just enjoying the only good part of this game...leveling.

Doing characters until my 40 days is up.

Sadly, really few things new here: voice acting, companions, personal stories quests. I have to admit that level up in this way is fun BUT I am not paying to play a single player game especially in a PvP server. I am level 47 and I NEVER met an enemy faction player.

No world pvp at all.

PvP is really a lack in this game. Let's hope in some upcoming update...

No, but are YOU?

What are the biggest selling games titles? Competitive multiplayers. You want a game to succeed? Concentrate on the competitive multiplayer else expect to have a flash in the pan game where people get bored of the story-mode and you're seeing the shelves in local supermarkets stacked with second hand copies of your game :)

Would you like to try again, friend? :D

Skyrim would like to have a word with you. Plus, several FPS, in particular the CoD series, have massive numbers of people never really touching the multiplayer part.

In addition, past singleplayer games like Oblivion, Mass Effect, Deus Ex and many more, while being released in the "era" of multiplayer games, have had tremendous success.

Also, "competitive". I already challenge your statement about multiplayer being the biggest thing, but when you add "competitive", you are definitely not talking about this reality. While there is a market for competitive games, the number of players playing a game because its competitive has never been very high. Now, a good game is a good game, and if it happens to be competitive, many people will play it.. but they would do so too, if it was a good game without that aspect.

I think you are seriously deluding yourself if you believe that its a good idea to make a competitive multiplayer game first and foremost, and put that aspect front and center.

WoW hasnt done so.

Skyrim hasnt done so.

Call of Dury hasnt done so.

Success is about making a good game, but competitiveness is just one of the multiple features you can, but dont have to, add.

That being said, I doubt Tera is going to be anything other than another Aion/Rift-sized flash in the pan. The reason for that sentiment being that so far, nothing else ever happened to these games post-WoW, and it doesnt seem to have anything going for it that inocculates it against the same fate.

GW2 at least has a playerbase already, so I will not take a guess there.

I play this game because I really liek it. PvP is okay and I don't have to do it non-stop. When I'm not PvPing im either working on my companions, collecting Datacrons/updating my codex, helping guildies, doing group stuff or just hang around and have a little chat with other star wars freaks ;).

Seriously, I can't hold people back from quiting but it is sad when you only see the PvP aspect in an MMO. Of course, PvP is a huge factor for some players (including me) but there is alot more you can do beside PvP.