Sage/Sorc needs a nerf!!

Greyfeld

This entire post is quite funny.. People talking about sages/sorc doing 300k damage and 100k healing and moaning..

While it is possible to get those numbers, how those numbers are achieved is ignored..

As a sage, and someone who regularly gets near top metals on my team in PVP let me tell you something, it takes a lot to get those numbers. For one thing our top Crit is just slightly over 3k, somewhere near 3.5k, on a moderate cooldown, and you need to use everything to get it.. Other then that we do much lower then that..

Where we do our damage is AOE and dots, most of which are still mitigated by armor.. OUr utility is there to help us survive while our dots do their work. Our AOEs dont work 1 on 1...

In a single player fight my chance of winning depends on a number of factors, some of which I dont control.

When I am focused I go down in seconds, faster then most other classes. Melee has many ways to get to me, even if I use my force wave so I am typically fighting toe to toe.

I see many more mercs on my servers toping the damage meters with tracer spam then I do sorcs/sages.

All of the above is true for sages, I have no clue about sorcs.

In addition as a utility class if I am getting 300k damage in anything other then voidstar I am not actually contributing my max potential to my team.

Edited by Lormif

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are there so many sorcs if they're not OP? Is it the lightning that has drawn the masses in? Because there wasn't near as many sorcs during early pvp warzones when the game was released.

Yes, it's time for sorcs to be looked at. It's kind of a downer to have 50% of the classes in a warzone made up of sorcs/sages. Nice damage, excellent utility, good mobility, and solid survivability. So wait, their niche in pvp is ... everything?

I play a BH, a Sorc and a Sage

as a Sorc and sage i die way more often than my powertech.

Someone sure has found a way to kill me often.

Also the resolve snare resistance is fubard at the moment, anyone can see that.

I swear the whine in this game is deafning.

That's actually not true at all. A majority of their damage is kinetic/energy, which is mitigated by armor like any other physical attacks/blaster fire.

Considering only 3 ACs wear heavy armor, and Force attacks completely bypass defense/shield rating, I think we can call it a tie.

When I'm on my Sage, I get focus fired more than on any other character. It has nothing to do with innate survivability, and everything to do with priority targeting.

I roll folks on my powertech. Just because powertechs have better survivability than sorcs doesn't mean that sorcs are balanced. Survivability is only one aspect of many.

Edited by Sirchuck

I roll folks on my powertech. Just because powertechs have better survivability than sorcs doesn't mean that sorcs are balanced. Survivability is only one aspect of many.

I kill sorcs/sages all the time. Use interupts/stuns -- that is what they do. use pull to fire, acid. knock back off of the bridge in the objective game, in Alderan LOS them -- most are morons and will leave group cover to case you down in to a tight space where they lose range and knock back advantage.

They are ranged DPS to put out big numbers they must stay situationaly aware, keep dots up, keep shield up...

Why are there so many sorcs if they're not OP? Is it the lightning that has drawn the masses in? Because there wasn't near as many sorcs during early pvp warzones when the game was released.

Yes, it's time for sorcs to be looked at. It's kind of a downer to have 50% of the classes in a warzone made up of sorcs/sages. Nice damage, excellent utility, good mobility, and solid survivability. So wait, their niche in pvp is ... everything?

Maybe because it has to do with lore.. More people wanna play jedi, and then there is the lightening...

Again, single target sages at the least dont have nice damage.

Sage absolutely sucks when set up for healing. We can't kill a fly, and we mostly get rooted or knocked down and have the crappiest armor and weakest defenses there is.

The one thing we did have, the big AOE heal got nerfed.

Compare that to the Sorcerer who has the godlike INSTANT hitting lightning, which snares, roots, and is high damage to our ROCKS which have a 2 second delay...

Sage absolutely sucks when set up for healing. We can't kill a fly, and we mostly get rooted or knocked down and have the crappiest armor and weakest defenses there is.

The one thing we did have, the big AOE heal got nerfed.

Compare that to the Sorcerer who has the godlike INSTANT hitting lightning, which snares, roots, and is high damage to our ROCKS which have a 2 second delay...

I play both sage and a sorc, they play the exact same, slight delay on the rocks, but the sage PBAOE knockback activates faster, I consider that a draw..

I play both sage and a sorc, they play the exact same, slight delay on the rocks, but the sage PBAOE knockback activates faster, I consider that a draw..

Know how I know you are lieing?

When I activate my knock back and a sorc sees me he can use his first.

Why don't people just quit playing the game if it's so bad? I'm not telling you to go away while I'll still play - I already quit.

Seriously, put your money where your mouth is, and quit playing this crappily handled game. That is THE ONLY THING that will send a message.

Anything else, they're getting payed, so it doesn't matter.

Why don't people just quit playing the game if it's so bad? I'm not telling you to go away while I'll still play - I already quit.

Seriously, put your money where your mouth is, and quit playing this crappily handled game. That is THE ONLY THING that will send a message.

Anything else, they're getting payed, so it doesn't matter.

I already paid for a 3 month sub. I'll probably won't resub when it runs out, if things continue the way they're going.

Maybe because it has to do with lore.. More people wanna play jedi, and then there is the lightening...

Again, single target sages at the least dont have nice damage.

Oh the lore and the lightning? That must explain why there are so many sorcs running around. /Endthread

really, that piss poor argument is your end thread?

You're the one who suggested the massive sorc population could be due to lore and lightning. You're calling my argument piss poor? Pot meet kettle.

Edited by Sirchuck

You're the one who suggested the massive sorc population could be due to lore and lightning. You're calling my argument piss poor? Pot meet kettle.

And that was a logical argument based on reality, yours however was just a snide remark.

And that was a logical argument based on reality, yours however was just a snide remark.

The problem with attributing the sorc population solely to lore and lightning, is that there weren't that many sorcs running around when the game was launched. As people got a feel for the classes and observed their performance in pvp, the balance took a drastic shift. You attribute it to lore and lightning - I attribute to a class that has a few too many tools to work with. Sorcs need to be looked at by the devs, plain and simple.

The problem with attributing the sorc population solely to lore and lightning, is that there weren't that many sorcs running around when the game was launched. As people got a feel for the classes and observed their performance in pvp, the balance took a drastic shift. You attribute it to lore and lightning - I attribute to a class that has a few too many tools to work with. Sorcs need to be looked at by the devs, plain and simple.

According to server stats on release sorcs/sages had highest population on release, followed by knights and then the others...

You say they need to be looked at because of total damage, however again, they have little to no way to survive one on one, only in group combat.