If you raided-You win the legacy race.

KipMalice

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They upped the XP requirements for Legacy level 20+. I can't wait until the Legacy system is released and all the people in this thread start posting.

"I'm a casual and I get punished because of a bug and I don't get access to XYZ".

You know it will happen.

So then because YOU play to have fun, that completely invalidates the people who are playing competitively and are completely and unfairly eliminated due to a bug?

no such thing as competitive gaming. If you want to compete buy a football.

I am ENRAGED by this!

I couldn't CARE LESS about this!

I have unsubscribed because of this garbage!

I am resubscribing because of this awesomeness!

I came here to relax, not to punish myself with competitive excess!

I came here to punish myself with competitive excess, not to relax!

On second thought, perhaps I'll just keep playing and not worry about it...

Most people play a game to be competitive.

Nobody knows what "most people" do. Saying you do is a sure want to show your argument is purely your subjective idea of the truth.

Why would anyone play an MMO, one of the few forms of gaming where no one actually wins, to compete? I'm sure it happens, but there are lots of hobbies out there where one actually does compete against other players and someone actually wins. Whether it is racing or chess or cup-stacking, that is where I expect to find truly competitive people. Not trying to make a digital number go higher through sheer repetition.

I play to have fun, to talk to friends while I'm playing, to team up to tackle challenging objectives, or to solo challenging objectives that are much higher level than I am. If you don't find this game is fun because someone else has a higher whatever than you do, then I would suggest casting about for a hobby in which your competitive spirit is more at home.

Scorus

I am ENRAGED by this!

I couldn't CARE LESS about this!

I have unsubscribed because of this garbage!

I am resubscribing because of this awesomeness!

I came here to relax, not to punish myself with competitive excess!

I came here to punish myself with competitive excess, not to relax!

On second thought, perhaps I'll just keep playing and not worry about it...

Great wisdom you have obtained, yes.

newsflash: 'worrying' about the guy next to him IS the game for some people.

you'll have to get over it as well and stop telling others that its 'just a game' because thats exactly what THEY want in the game.

also, you'll have to take a look at yourself, because you're doing the exact same thing by 'worrying' about them and telling others to just 'play the game' because they... well.. are playing their game.

I'll never understand why people that play to "have fun" act like they're so disgusted that some people play for competition. There's nothing wrong with competition. In fact, trillions of dollars worldwide are spent on competitions. It's an innate human quality, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's what drives many people to succeed.

I'll never understand why people that play to "have fun" act like they're so disgusted that some people play for competition. There's nothing wrong with competition. In fact, trillions of dollars worldwide are spent on competitions. It's an innate human quality, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's what drives many people to succeed.

It's not the "playing" for competition, it's the endless whining that the suppossedly "competitive" do. Compete all you want, keep the whining to yourself. I rarely see the successful whine.

Still waiting to see how this effects me in anyway.

+1 Exactly. People need to take a deep breathe and stop worrying about what the guy next to them is doing so darn much and just play the game.

Same reason I have Gunther and the sunshine girls as my pvp soundstack most of the time, reminds me that its after all just a silly game. :p

On the topic, meh dont really care that much if someone has a higher legacy lvl then me.

Edited by Zeral_storm

competitive with what?

does it make me money?

does it get me into the Gamers Hall of Fame?

do i get a trophy?

MMOs are not competitive gaming by any means, and the people who claim it is just cant cut it in games where there is real competition, so they come to games like this and scream at people and call them "scrubs" all the while pretending they are "l33t" but in reality are sad and pathetic and are afraid to admit they can't hack it in the other games....

Forgetting the "I play to enjoy, blah blah..so I'll post my opinion instead of actually playing" argument.

There have been quite a few "exploits" since launch that have made WW competition pointless at this time...

Most people will complain later when it effects them, as of now it sucks that it happens...but it happens in almost every game at launch.

Hang in there.

In this Video:

Fast foreward to 3:11. He's mindtrapped.

He kills the inside 19 legacy. They Kill the mindtrap 399 legacy... NOT 3000 LoLoLoL...

This whole thread is a waste, we could of been doing something constructive like argueing about the Lore of Blaster colors...

Winning a race for nothing is so unfair to the casual player that is still leveling.

My guess is they will introduce only 10 levels of the legacy because we cant have a game that lets someone get something before someone else.

Wrong.

Most people play a game to be competitive.

so hove you determined that most people play to be competitive think of the game as a race? did you go and talk to all the players, do you know all the player's languages so your questions didn't get misinterpreted in translation?

NO competition is NOT a race, competition is to try to get to be the best, not the first to the end. I knew someone that ran a race, came in fifth. he paced himself, did what was needed, and when all was said and done, he was awarded third because the two in first and second were disqualified. he had been happy with fifth. (i think it was out of 150 people) but elated about getting third and a trophy because he did it right.

another tournament, a player was under investigation for cheating but was allowed to compete since, and shortly after his first place win, of prize and cash and trophy he was dq'd and banned from competition for a while. the organizer of the even would not award his winnings, and instead sent his winnings to a charity. it's not about getting there first, it's about how you get there and how you comport yourself in doing so, that is competition.

Darth Freki