Is there a Massive PVP imbalance?

kaug

Sorry the difference in Champion gear and Battlemaster gear is ridiculously meager, teamwork on your teams part will easily overcome it. Getting geared with champ takes a 2-3 weeks tops if you are playing casually. BM title is attained in a month or less as well. And by all means this is from personal experience, I only do dailies/weeklies and sometimes I throw in a few extra WZ with the guildies. Last grind to BM I did stay in Illium while it was heavy and got the last level in 2 hours. The only time I "grind".
The difference is in no way meager from BM to Champion. Several players have gone from easily killable to outright destroyers just by upgrading to BM gear. The weapons especially add a sizeable dps increase over what you can fetch from a champion variant. The expertise is not all that different due to diminishing returns, but the stat escalation is another matter entirely.

It's all about who has the the bigger stick. Let's compare sizes. Red-Black > Purple.

Edited by LordSemaj

yeah, cause sages are completely different from sorcs ... *rolleyes*

Yes it is. Because sorc are more powerful than sage - not 100% mirrors.

But Bioware will not do anything about it because the devs are favoring the Empire side.

What PvP imbalance is this?

The classes are near identicle mirrors, and the differences between them are not enough to count for anything. Infact the differences that affect Rep are faily small, the imbalance between the sorc and sage healing abilities gives the sage about 2k more heal on the 31pt talent, giving Republic a big advantage with organised groups.

The teams you refer to are obviously not organised if they're losing each time.

No one is saying that there are no good PvPers on Republic, this is probably about 50/50...people are saying you may not be one of them.

If you lose the majority of games you're in, due to random match making, you are the only consistent factor in these matches.

Must be a troll, red flag = claiming Vanguard is struggling.

Wow I'm not even going to bother replying to that one you win. I really don't have the statistics to back it up apart from 90% of the matches I'm in are lost. So the factor must be me. So I'm a truly a poor player and there is nothing wrong with my class, and I'm also a troll that thinks my class has problems. I guess I'll wait till level 50 geared to decide as I don't have enough information yet.

So I'm getting the feeling that most people think there is no pvp imbalance and that its just totally random depending on which classes happen to be in the warzone in the time, and that most Sith players are just awesome, they can play there class better, and are more organized.

Will this also be the case if I re-roll as a Sith even if I suck as a player and can't play my class or probably any of them? do you think i will start winning some warzone matches?

Trooper complaining about Sorc? Good stuff.

My god people are stupid.

I'm assuming that you're talking about how a grav round/tracer spammer is complaining.

1) He's a vanguard, not a commando/merc, which means he can't even play one of those specs.

2) There's this thing called LOS. Look it up.

3) Do the same for interrupts

4) Profit.

Reading comprehension fails on these forums to a degree I never thought possible.

Edited by jedistreen

Trooper complaining about Sorc? Good stuff.

i can understand powertechs and vanguards being a bit OP but mercs and commando's are glass cannons and cant realy move while attacking, they do no were near as much dps as a sorce/sage or agent and smuggler so they are pretty balanced

now sorce sages get so many abilitys and tools to use its not even funny, now the damage of lightning and pebble dash spam is a type no class has any resist to other than tanks having 5%.

they have bubble they can heal themselves and for saying they are light armor they have more dps and survivability than any other class.

id say sorce/sages need a nerf

At least on my server republic/order are lucky to win a match at all. Most of the time we are facing 4 Sorcerers or more, getting out-damaged, out-healed, outskilled, outclassed. Level wise as a trooper vanguard i get owned by every class. At level 40 I'm getting driven into the ground 1 on 1 by any class past level 10. I'm quickly considering the move over to the dark side and probably as a Sorcerer as long as long as there will be no class or pvp nerfs.

No. Just faction imbalance which is an entirely different matter.

I'm actually thinking the main factor here must be Sage vs Sorcerers as on my server there are heaps of Sorcerers, you will find a minimum of 4 in each pvp war zone and maximum of two sages on the republic side.

So perhaps the pvp instances needs to bring a better balance of all classes?

I didn't think that sages had much dps and all they could do was heal. I have yet to be impressed by sages perhaps because I've never dueled them. Where Sorcerers impress me a lot in what I've seen they can do.

I'm actually thinking the main factor here must be Sage vs Sorcerers as on my server there are heaps of Sorcerers, you will find a minimum of 4 in each pvp war zone and maximum of two sages on the republic side.

So perhaps the pvp instances needs to bring a better balance of all classes?

I didn't think that sages had much dps and all they could do was heal. I have yet to be impressed by sages perhaps because I've never dueled them. Where Sorcerers impress me a lot in what I've seen they can do.

You are aware that Sages and Sorceres are mirror classes, yes?

You are aware that Sages and Sorcerers are mirror classes, yes?

By mirror your saying they made a exact copy of the sage, called it a sorcerer and changed the name and animation of all the abilities?. With the only difference being how people spent there skill points. I really didn't think something like this would happen till i started comparing the different world maps.

Edited by kaug

Generally, I don't think your class is gimped nor can I say you lack the skills to play your class.

I consider myself the average skilled and average geared PVPer (Valor rank 35 and lvl 39 currently) playing a sith assassin and normally getting 7-9 medals in a match.

In 1v1 I normally can't take down a vanguard trooper.

You aren't a dps class. Your strength lies in guarding others and debuffing but no matter what class you will play, if the other team is focusing on bringing you down you will die pretty fast.

It's a known fact that there are a lot more Empire players than Republic players.

I have had many pvp games where the Republic hit us like a truck due to being better organized and often better skilled than the Empire.

In the end quite a lot changes with Champions gear and the added Expertise you will get.

I would suggest you hang in there until you get ur first champions gear:)

Of cause there is a PvP imbalance, but its not in the numbers.

I, as many others do not come to SWTOR from other MMOs. Me (and friends of mine) are Bioware Veterans. (KOTOR, Baldurs Gate, Mass Effect ...). I came to this game to experience the story together with my friends, and it is great so far.

But, there definetly is a PvP imbalance.

It is a direct result of the design decision of having those WoW players reuse the player skills they have. and it seems, those PvP Vetrans play Imperial (Sorcerers) only. Heck, in this forum, whenever there is somebody bragging about his PVP skills, you can be sure he is Imp and its a good guess he is sorcerer.

Of cause I cant compete with my buddy in PvP (who now plays a Jedi Shadow) after he was playing competitive PvP in WoW for years. Ever wondered why the Sorcerers are so popular on the imp side? Its because you can reuse almost all your skills from WoW.

Of cause he also owns and is comfortably intuitive with special MMO hardware (The "Glove") that makes it much easier for him to rule in PvP, while I am constantly searching for the right numbers on my small Laptop Keyboard.

Yeah, I am progressing in my PvP skills. But its becoming more and more tedious. Often, I am easily made out as the simple kill (low level, average equip). This means Imps out for kills gang up on you big time. Survival goes down to a few seconds in hutball.

How will I be developing my skills like that? PvP, as it is now is a really bad experience for the MMO newbie because of skill imbalance. This should have been expected and of cause all the WoW Veterans enjoy this and cant stop bragging about it. But, the playing field was never equal.

My Point. All of you professional PvPers, that whined long enough to Bioware that they had to implement basically a WoW Gameplay so you could take your skills to the new game now are whining about imbalanced factions and bad player skills are the ones responsible. I know that youdid, I followed this forum for 3 Years.

This is the WoW players pressure that now shows its backlash.

Yes there is a disparity...

As with WoW, the issue is in the advantages. Horde had the better racials and shorter queue times, PVPers rolled Horde.

Empire was a no brainer.

Queues maybe. Racials have always been a matter of perspective and setups, and in general horde has not had better racials than alliance.

On topic. No there isn't a massive imbalance. Personally republic on my sever has been wrecking pvp lately. It has a lot to do with mentality, if everybody are used to losing or think they can't win. Then they wont win.

There are a number of small things that favor imps in pvp, but nothing that can explain a massive win difference for casual players.

It has gotten to the point where people are just quitting or sitting in pvp doing nothing if they know the are not going to win. I don't think its anywhere near balanced at this point. I never felt this is the various other pvp I've played. Warhammer for example. I always felt that each group stood a reasonable chance of winning. In Swtor I just pray that each day we can win that one match for the daily that's how bad the order side is and it doesn't appear to be changing from day to day.

I guess the question is should the pvp be a system where each group stands a fair and reasonable chance of winning, or should one side dominate over the other?

I have no doubt Sith/Dark would be jumping up and down if there was 4-6 sages in just about every war zone.

How I would make PVP more fair would be to match up the mirror classes in the queue. So there could never be six sorcerers against zero sages, and so on instead of just /random first one who joins.

Edited by kaug

It has gotten to the point where people are just quitting or sitting in pvp doing nothing if they know the are not going to win. I don't think its anywhere near balanced at this point. I never felt this is the various other pvp I've played. Warhammer for example. I always felt that each group stood a reasonable chance of winning. In Swtor I just pray that each day we can win that one match for the daily that's how bad the order side is and it doesn't appear to be changing from day to day.

I guess the question is should the pvp be a system where each group stands a fair and reasonable chance of winning, or should one side dominate over the other?

I have no doubt Sith/Dark would be jumping up and down if there was 4-6 sages in just about every war zone.

How I would make PVP more fair would be to match up the mirror classes in the queue. So there could never be six sorcerers against zero sages, and so on instead of just /random first one who joins.

If you think the vanguard is a broken class then the problem is most definitely you. In my premade I always have at least one vanguard for challenges, guards and pull. When their team is doing 30% less damage to your team ... you win, simple.

If your playing your vanguard to dps, then you're definitely doing it wrong. Your job is to control the fight, not to dominate the dps scoreboard.

I will take a balanced premade (tank, 2 dps, healer) over 4 sorcs any day of the week.

Edited by Orangerascal

At least on my server republic/order are lucky to win a match at all. Most of the time we are facing 4 Sorcerers or more, getting out-damaged, out-healed, outskilled, outclassed. Level wise as a trooper vanguard i get owned by every class. At level 40 I'm getting driven into the ground 1 on 1 by any class past level 10. I'm quickly considering the move over to the dark side and probably as a Sorcerer as long as long as there will be no class or pvp nerfs.

On Bondar Crystal we do great as Republic. We are severely outnumbered but when the numbers are even in warzones we dominate usually. My toon is a valor rank 59 and in that time id say we have easily won 75% of te warzones(at least the ones ive seen). Now ilum is a completely different matter, we are usually outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1 and we sit at or base gate in to big amsses pulling people back and forth. But all im all id say the better pvpers (at least on my server) are Republic.

If you think the vanguard is a broken class then the problem is most definitely you. In my premade I always have at least one vanguard for challenges, guards and pull. When their team is doing 30% less damage to your team ... you win, simple.

If your playing your vanguard to dps, then you're definitely doing it wrong. Your job is to control the fight, not to dominate the dps scoreboard.

I will take a balanced premade (tank, 2 dps, healer) over 4 sorcs any day of the week.

I don't think vanguard is broken as such. In PVP I do feel like i contribute practically nothing, what can i do? follow a healer around with guard on while using my one 4 second cc with 2 min cooldown and doing zero dps, I'm not even trying for dps just to do interrupts with an aoe, as a vanguard has no dps even with the few dps builds which I've tried. No medals for that though.

I actually try to make myself useful by trying to plant a bomb, or change the guns as I don't have anything else really useful. I Pass the Huttball on as fast as i can before i get stunned, snared, and burned into the ground so fast it makes my head spin.

I feel as a tank that I get burned down way too quickly, it makes me feel like I'm wearing zero armor at all (all purple and the latest level i can get). I've played a tank class in just about every mmo and I'd have to say vanguard is turning out to be the most pathetic and un-enjoyable tank I've ever played PVP wise.

Anyway here is a pic of my latest PVP battle they all look pretty much the same on my server. If everyone is in agreement that this is balanced then all i can do is just switch sides.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3191/sithf.jpg

Edited by kaug