Quitting Warzones b/c of low level players

iheartnyc

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A lvl 10 can tromp a lvl 40 quite easily infact, it is based around player skill, yes the skill system does make a difference but the simple fact that they are bolstered to 49 and you are 9 lvls away can mean a world of difference in the stats. I mean I was a 48 sniper with 7800 dmg and there was a 25 sniper with 9000 dmg due to stats i was baffled but it is just the bolster system.

I don't quit due to lowbies, I delight in watching them run around like chickens with their heads cut off and turn huttball into murder ball ^.^. Am 50 now though so no worries there nemore.

I dont quit the WZ but I do feel like oh well this is going to be a lost cause no matter what. Scaling does make a difference but when I roll with a group of 40s I'm pretty certain we will win the WZ while on the other hand when group is entirely made up of people in the 10-20 bracket the chances of pulling a W diminish quite a lot.

Less character skills and quite often also player skill or understanding of the objectives. Dont want to generalise too much since there are alts and quite a lot of decent to good pvp players at low levels as well.

Just my observations.

A lvl 10 can tromp a lvl 40 quite easily infact, it is based around player skill, yes the skill system does make a difference but the simple fact that they are bolstered to 49 and you are 9 lvls away can mean a world of difference in the stats. I mean I was a 48 sniper with 7800 dmg and there was a 25 sniper with 9000 dmg due to stats i was baffled but it is just the bolster system.

I don't quit due to lowbies, I delight in watching them run around like chickens with their heads cut off and turn huttball into murder ball ^.^. Am 50 now though so no worries there nemore.

Give two players of basically equal skill with all their CD's, and the level 40 will lol while he owns the level 10 every time. Come on, think before you talk. The level 10 doesn't even have a CC break yet. Yeah, if the level 10 stumbled onto my 40-ish Sin when I'm already at 1/3 health with none of my cooldowns, then maybe -- maybe he could kill me. But if we both meat at 100% health, I will beat him 100% of the time even if he's a better player than I am.

People way overestimate the skill requirement to be good in PvP in this game. The 1.5 second GCD pretty much nerfs any and all twitch abilities. I can literally ponder what my next course of action will be in-between GCD's. I'm a very experienced PvP'er who has been solid in everyone game I've played, and I can't imagine myself beating a level 45 anything with a level 10 anything unless the guy on the level 45 is literally a keyboard turning noob, there's lag issues, or I get help from a teammate.

Give two players of basically equal skill with all their CD's, and the level 40 will lol while he owns the level 10 every time. Come on, think before you talk. The level 10 doesn't even have a CC break yet. Yeah, if the level 10 stumbled onto my 40-ish Sin when I'm already at 1/3 health with none of my cooldowns, then maybe -- maybe he could kill me. But if we both meat at 100% health, I will beat him 100% of the time even if he's a better player than I am.

People way overestimate the skill requirement to be good in PvP in this game. The 1.5 second GCD pretty much nerfs any and all twitch abilities. I can literally ponder what my next course of action will be in-between GCD's. I'm a very experienced PvP'er who has been solid in everyone game I've played, and I can't imagine myself beating a level 45 anything with a level 10 anything unless the guy on the level 45 is literally a keyboard turning noob, there's lag issues, or I get help from a teammate.

evey class get their cc break @lvl 9 :)

As a Jedi Sage with Seer spec I've been queing for WZ since level 10 and only been outhealed 2 times in my "career". This is my first toon aswell and I'm now level 45. Learn to play your profession or get your toon up to level 50 instead of crying about it.

the first thing I did when hitting lvl 10 was joining a WZ. result was that I was more than able to buy the lvl 20 PVP-set at lvl 20 (I think I had the full set at lvl 17, actually)

apart from that I'm now lvl 25 and kill lvl 30+, would probably be able to kill higher lvl even, but as soon as they realise I'm not as easy to kill as my lvl might imply they call their friends :rolleyes: (of course also class-depening, and i've been killed by players lower than my own lvl aswell, obviously)

I don't care why people leave a warzone, really ... I'll either never see them again .or. will soon enough remember their names and treat them according to that *polishes halo*

Skills and abilities absolutely do make a difference. You can have two equally skilled carpenters, and the one with the full workshop is going to do better work than the one with nothing but a hammer, screwdriver, and handsaw every time.

There is still no reason to quit on your team. Though it might be a reason to reconsider joining warzones before you even have Sprint available to you.

Edited by Ronamo

I always laugh whenever someone complains about low levels, as if the difference really is that big

I remember my first warzone, I just queued to check it out and didn't really intend to get into it that much. first thing on zoning in was some 30-something guy ranting about me (level 13 at the time, Sentinel no less) joining at such a low level

I wish I could have seen his face when, not only did we win the warzone, but I was in the top 3 performance, on both sides

Edited by Metaspark

My gunslinger is now 21 Valor at level 21. I've been joining warzones a lot since level 10. Dunno 'bout you chumps, but I regularly am the top damage output in any given match and get plenty of mvp votes.

When I queue up with my 47 sentinel, who is slightly under-geared because of not PVE'ing since level 42 and not finding much in the way of upgrades on the GTN (basically lvl40 PVP gear with some item mod upgrades but not equal to my level), I do slightly worse than with my well-geared lowbie gunslinger.

I'm less concerned about being on a team of level 10s than I am being on a team of a bunch of way-under-geared level 30s. I was in a match with a 25 sentinel who had level 13 boots and half the rest of his gear was level 15. Enough of those types almost guarantees a loss, unless we get lucky and the Imps field a similar group of clowns. ;)

Proper gearing matters more than character level, imo. Skill/experience/decision-making matters some, of course, but a badly-geared character needs an extra lot of skill to match a well-geared player, it seems.

At least level 10s are likely to come out of Esseles or Talon with a couple good pieces of gear. Level 20s who've been doing green/grey missions for the last 5 levels are going to have crap gear. :p

Edited by Parathax

Try unlearning your skills and only use abilities that you get at level 10, then come back and say it makes little difference. Only a fool would say that having all low levels isn't a disadvantage.

Doesn't make a difference. There's a load of threads and screenshots of level 10 characters dominating WZ damage wise. Bolster doesn't scale well. I did far less damage on my BH from 30-49 then I did 10-29 on average.

yes the lowbie - depending on the class - can crash a L49. They get bolsted resulting alot higher damage and damage reduction from the say class at L49.

On the other hand they will be missing key talents and key abilities. Be it CC or damage abilities.

What i say to the L10 people: Wait till you get sprint. So you will pace on the same level as everybody else (and not snail through the map).

Edited by bliapis

If I quit then that makes me the loser for needing the crutch of other players to play my game for me!

Accept the challenge and revel in it!

This and

Sadly I've seen just as many total moron 50's as lowbies. Level =/= skill.

that.

yes the lowbie - depending on the class - can crash a L49. They get bolsted resulting alot higher damage and damage reduction from the say class at L49.

On the other hand they will be missing key talents and key abilities. Be it CC or damage abilities.

What i say to the L10 people: Wait till you get sprint. So you will pace on the same level as everybody else (and not snail through the map).

Actually my most serious request to BW would be to grant sprint at level 10. It would not break the game and would make PVP more accessible early on.

That being said. . .

- On a Jedi Knight or SW it doesn't matter nearly as much because of force leap.

- On a sage/sorc, the range is good enough that it matters less as well.

- Shadows/Sins do feel wicked slow until 14

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.