Pyro Powertechs OP?

DarthFryze

most i´ve got as pyro merc is around 6.2k with thermal det. and rail shot combo on a target with less than 100pts of expertice thou my gear is mostly orange thanks to my great success with champ bags so i´d imagine with bm set or rakatas mid 7k´s would be achievable...

I hit 7k once that was some type of freak a Normal High off my railshot is 3.5k.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which two really good stuns are those? Also, with your attempt to get railshot procs, you could easily overheat and be worth next to nothign until you can vent, or you bleed it back down to 50% which takes forever because of the stupid mechanic that decreases heat dissipation.

Carbonized Steam + Electro Dart are the 2 really good stuns. And it's not that hard to get railshot procs when you have approx a combined 50% proc chance from the 2 abilities. The problem is simply railshot just hits for too much to be allowed to be used back to back. I've seen them crit me(vs equal expertise @ 2/5 rakata + rest Champion PVP) for 4.8k With expertise adrenals/buff and power/surge trinket you can see ridiculous numbers w/ it.

Your friend who is really good at another game got beat by this class one time in this game. Therefore power pyros are surely OP.

I have a friend who logs on his sorc in the Leia outfit and dances on a mailbox for hours while trolling general chat. Therefore all sorcs are surely dancing trolls.

LOL! I do the same thing as your friend and im a sorc! You are right, all sorcs are dancing trolls.

Carbonized Steam + Electro Dart are the 2 really good stuns. And it's not that hard to get railshot procs when you have approx a combined 50% proc chance from the 2 abilities. The problem is simply railshot just hits for too much to be allowed to be used back to back. I've seen them crit me(vs equal expertise @ 2/5 rakata + rest Champion PVP) for 4.8k With expertise adrenals/buff and power/surge trinket you can see ridiculous numbers w/ it.

Carbonize is currently broken if you wear the Powertech PvP set just so you know.

whoa now, tracer missile AND pyro is over powered? bad players need their posting privileges revoked.

i play pyro merc. as a combo, the highest possily amount of damage i can land "simultaneously" is about 8k. Thermal Det can crit easily 4-5k, and Rail Shot can crit easily 3-3.5k.

rail shot is white damage. its weapon based, and is affected by all forms of mitigation. thermal det is tech damage, so gets hit with less forms of mitigation.

in order for a pyro to be this devastating, we need the thermal det skill, which is the 31pt ability in the pyro line and the 4pc bonus from PvP eliminator set (+15% crit to rail shot). there is a very large investment involved in being able to play pyro to its greatest potential, whereas arsenal spec needs only tracer missile and is basically good to go.

there are no overpowered classes. there are overpowered players

whoa now, tracer missile AND pyro is over powered? bad players need their posting privileges revoked.

i play pyro merc. as a combo, the highest possily amount of damage i can land "simultaneously" is about 8k. Thermal Det can crit easily 4-5k, and Rail Shot can crit easily 3-3.5k.

rail shot is white damage. its weapon based, and is affected by all forms of mitigation. thermal det is tech damage, so gets hit with less forms of mitigation.

in order for a pyro to be this devastating, we need the thermal det skill, which is the 31pt ability in the pyro line and the 4pc bonus from PvP eliminator set (+15% crit to rail shot). there is a very large investment involved in being able to play pyro to its greatest potential, whereas arsenal spec needs only tracer missile and is basically good to go.

you didnt read my title did you? POWERTECH. **** with your tracermissiles you merc :p

you didnt read my title did you? POWERTECH. **** with your tracermissiles you merc :p

the difference between powertech and mercenary are little to none when theyre both spec'd PYROTECH. it is a shared skill tree, not tied to advanced class.

i am spec'd pyro. tracer missile is for bads

Edited by cashogy

If you get hit by railshot for more than 4k then you need to put on more PvP gear. I haven't read much on theory crafting, but personally I have only ever hit 4166 damage on a rail shot, against a sage who probably has close to 0 expertise. Normally I hit 3.2k crit that sometimes goes to 3.6-3.8k. I am geared in Champ gear with the 2x impalnt and 1 ear and a BM mainhand.

Will this damage increase once I get full BM? sure but only slightly. Of course on a lucky streak I have done a TD>RS>RP>RS that crits every time and knock someone from full to almost nothing, but those don't happen that often, when it does it is very sweet. But most of the time it's me spamming the crap out of Flame burst and then throttling it down with gun attack to ease off my heat.

Just wondering what the pvp community thinks of PT Pyros. My guildie, who has all pvp gear (mix of centurion and champion, mostly champion) said he got wrecked before he could even really do anything to the PT. Granted, he plays a sniper, but hes a beast of a pvper, having gladiator for several seasons on several toons in wow.
Didn't read any answer, but your title kinda made me laugh... Are people really looking to find an OP class that much?

This game is pretty well balanced right. Maybe a lil adjustement here and there but overall, its great. You hear this a lot : If you QQ this class is OP, its because you're not good and blame the class agaisnt you instead of yourself. You know why you hear it a lot? Because its true.

the difference between powertech and mercenary are little to none when theyre both spec'd PYROTECH. it is a shared skill tree, not tied to advanced class.

again, as the title reads "Pyro POWERTECH" not discussing merc pyrotechs, but powertech pyros :p

How about 90% armor penetration on rail shot? At least know your **** if you gonna post and dont tell us about "rail shot being white damage which is easely penetrated!". And yeah, people talk about Powertech. Mercs have their own issues.

again, as the title reads "Pyro POWERTECH" not discussing merc pyrotechs, but powertech pyros :p

they are essentially one in the same. pyrotech is a shared skill tree between mercenary and powertech. the main difference between the two is that powertech's rail shot has 90% armor penetration, while merc's has a max of 65%. powertech pyros also depend on rocket punch and flame burst for reseting cooldown on rail shot, while mercenary pyros depend on power shot and unload.

by all means though, continue to prove how ignorant you are

I am not sure about powertech but I believe its the same for them as a mercenary pyro, they do have a nice burst if they do it right, I toss a thermal detonator first, then an incend missile this opens up rail shot and if done right, at the time when rail shot hits (for about 2500) thermal detonator goes off hitting for 3k-3800 all this time the dot is ticking for 300-600 then if the person is running away I start the chase spamming rapid shots to keep the dot and slow on untill i can plaster them again, if they stand and fight i go to unload/power shot .

For the most part ppl tend to try to run away after that initial burst, I guess they have it trained in their head that merc = tracer spam so get out of range to live, none have gotten away without help yet though:D

There is such a dramatic difference in performance between the various tiers of gear in the game right now that I think it's very difficult to see who is overpowered and who isn't.

One of my friends is in battlemaster gear. When I watch him play, he kills most people in under 5 seconds as a maurader. Is that less extreme then what you guys are saying?

Edited by Crumpilumpigus

they are essentially one in the same. pyrotech is a shared skill tree between mercenary and powertech. the main difference between the two is that powertech's rail shot has 90% armor penetration, while merc's has a max of 65%. powertech pyros also depend on rocket punch and flame burst for reseting cooldown on rail shot, while mercenary pyros depend on power shot and unload.

I herd madness sorcerers and madness assassins are basically the same b/c they're both specced into the shared tree. cwutididthar?

I herd madness sorcerers and madness assassins are basically the same b/c they're both specced into the shared tree. cwutididthar?

i cant speak for inquisitor's skill trees because i am not familiar with them. i am however, familiar with the bh trees. imo, merc pyros are actually capable of larger amounts of spike damage than powertechs. merc also has the range advantage over powertechs.

regardless, pyro is not overpowered. if you think it is, youd best start learning how to adapt to fighting them so you lose less

The people complaining about Arsenal Mercs or Gunnery Commandos are just noobs that don't understand how to interupt spells LOL. Granted, there's a significant issue with class/spec that just uses 1 button 90% of the time(i remember some guy posted some vid on youtube w/ just 1 keybind) but it is just a bunch a baddies that don't know how to play.

Pyrotech POWERTECHS(pyrotech mercs are fine) have a specific talent(in the Advanced Prototype tree) that allows their railshot to ignore 60% of armor, combined with talent in the pyro tree that allows rail shot to ignore 30% of armor(i'm not sure if the armor piercing is additive or multiplicative), you have something that ignores 90% of armor and crits for 4k+. If that wasn't bad enough, you have approx a 50% chance to instantly proc another FREE rail shot. 4k back to back is ridiculous by any means. And i've seen rail shots hit over 5k on me, an all champion geared player(w/ 2/5 rakata).

i cant speak for inquisitor's skill trees because i am not familiar with them. i am however, familiar with the bh trees. imo, merc pyros are actually capable of larger amounts of spike damage than powertechs. merc also has the range advantage over powertechs.

regardless, pyro is not overpowered. if you think it is, youd best start learning how to adapt to fighting them so you lose less

so youre posting more to show you didnt bother reading my original post huh? I am leveling a pyro powertech. I enjoy them in pvp, but while I get my fair share of kills, I get a fair share of being killed. it was my sniper buddy that thought he got messed up by just a pyro within a short time frame. I told him it was likely that there was a sniper or merc standing out of view blasting his face off at the same time the pyro was on him, but thanks for not bothering to read posts like a typical ADD forum kid

One of the five chars i have is Pyrotech and i have to say its by far the most in your face - damage class and easy to kill enemies or top damage in warzones class.

The only reason i play sin atm over powertech (keeping it as backup) is that heat management is a ***** and i prefer sustained ability, over killing someone using all heat/cooldowns and than being useless. For a class with so much survivibility, the damage is way too much.

However seeing as they nerf hybrid sins, i expect Powertech to be forced to play in specific tree as well in the future, without cylinder changing in combat or talents from different trees working in wrong cylinder.

Edited by KorwinOfAmber

so youre posting more to show you didnt bother reading my original post huh? I am leveling a pyro powertech. I enjoy them in pvp, but while I get my fair share of kills, I get a fair share of being killed. it was my sniper buddy that thought he got messed up by just a pyro within a short time frame. I told him it was likely that there was a sniper or merc standing out of view blasting his face off at the same time the pyro was on him, but thanks for not bothering to read posts like a typical ADD forum kid

youre argument falls apart so you resort to insults. rofl

As I mentioned in my previous post, they are NOT the same. The surrounding talents in the Advanced Prototype and Shield trees make the Pyrotech Powertech WAY more powerful then a Pyrotech Merc.

youre argument falls apart so you resort to insults. rofl

my argument fell apart? no, your argument was on the basis that i was calling pyrotech powertechs op, which i was not. I was merely asking about their state of pvp balance at 50, as a friend mentioned getting torn apart by one. So your argument is invalid son.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.