Proof this is the BEST mmo ever

DragonAgeOrgins

Star Wars: The Old Republic wins MMO of the Year=GameSpy

Developer: BioWare

Publisher: Electronic Arts

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/121/1215449p5.html

We're still logging hours in a galaxy far, far away to bring you our full review, but this award should give you an idea how we feel about BioWare's long-awaited Star Wars MMO. From day one, the renowned RPG studio said it would set its game apart from the competition with story, voice, and choice -- and we'll be a scruffy nerf herder, BioWare has delivered.

Whether playing as a member of the Republic or the Empire, as a Jedi, Sith, or any of the other classes, our staff was sucked into SWTOR by its well-written storylines -- storylines we likely would have glossed over if they weren't delivered with a staggering amount of recorded dialogue. Add in BioWare's signature dialogue trees and the element of choice, and we've become fully immersed in SWTOR unlike any MMO before it.

There are certainly disappointments, namely in the underwhelming space combat mini-game, the technically unambitious graphics, and the thin character and starship customization options, but the positives tower over those like an Imperial Walker. Given the size and scope of The Old Republic, EA and BioWare also deserve credit for a fairly smooth launch. No one likes queues, but when it means your server won't crash, they'r

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

We're still logging hours in a galaxy far, far away to bring you our full review, but this award should give you an idea how we feel about BioWare's long-awaited Star Wars MMO. From day one, the renowned RPG studio said it would set its game apart from the competition with story, voice, and choice -- and we'll be a scruffy nerf herder, BioWare has delivered.

Whether playing as a member of the Republic or the Empire, as a Jedi, Sith, or any of the other classes, our staff was sucked into SWTOR by its well-written storylines -- storylines we likely would have glossed over if they weren't delivered with a staggering amount of recorded dialogue. Add in BioWare's signature dialogue trees and the element of choice, and we've become fully immersed in SWTOR unlike any MMO before it.

There are certainly disappointments, namely in the underwhelming space combat mini-game, the technically unambitious graphics, and the thin character and starship customization options, but the positives tower over those like an Imperial Walker. Given the size and scope of The Old Republic, EA and BioWare also deserve credit for a fairly smooth launch. No one likes queues, but when it means your server won't crash, they'r

Yes, I'm sure most of us who unsubbed cited "underwhelming space combat mini-game" as our primary reason.

The reason isn't any of the things you've mentioned. There are threads with a long list of reasons why this game has been disappointing. I don't think you mention one of them.

I'll give you one: frames are broken. Two months, they're pushing content, and yet the frames for 8/16-man groups are still completely broken -- characters missing, people's health completely not being displayed correctly.

Who the **** cares about space combat? All it shows is that the developers were more concerned about window-dressing than making a game worthy of being a 2012 MMO.

Yes, I'm sure most of us who unsubbed cited "underwhelming space combat mini-game" as our primary reason.

The reason isn't any of the things you've mentioned. There are threads with a long list of reasons why this game has been disappointing. I don't think you mention one of them.

I'll give you one: frames are broken. Two months, they're pushing content, and yet the frames for 8/16-man groups are still completely broken -- characters missing, people's health completely not being displayed correctly.

Who the **** cares about space combat? All it shows is that the developers were more concerned about window-dressing than making a game worthy of being a 2012 MMO.

If you unsubbed, why are you here? Go play on the GW2 Beta forums or something.

Pssst! Leporello! ..Look at his naaaame. Guess what he is and what he does for fun on the forums!

Lack of competition does not a good game make.

Would like to know what was the max level that anyone that was involved with this review got to.

Most people will agree that the class quests and voice acting was something new and interesting and for the most part well done.

Have to disagree with having a choice. Yes you can pick a response out of three choices and picking one might allow you to skip a quest or get a different one than someone that picked another response but 99% of the time it doesnt matter what you pick. You dont have any choice in the direction that you want to level. You have to go to the planet that they suggest (there is only 1 planet designed for a level, as in at level 14 you dont have a choice of 2 planets to goto) So to sum it up its not really a choice when it doesnt mean anything.

Love how 99% of the reviews that say the game is good always have that but in it.

So it won game of the year by one reviewer. What competition did it have?

Winning Game of the Year does not make the best MMO *ever* . I'll hedge my bets and tell you now; It won't win game of the year next year!

So it won game of the year by one reviewer. What competition did it have?

Winning Game of the Year does not make the best MMO *ever* . I'll hedge my bets and tell you now; It won't win game of the year next year!

Actually it has won three GOTY so far but according to the hate machine none of them count, and every time TOR wins another one that won't count either.

So unbiased. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Yet you are still here? ;p

All the reviews are good for this game because the reviewers didn't get the chance to see how craptastic end game is. Buggy bosses, broken quests that keeps breaking every day, broken skills, broken pvp, and the list goes on and on.

Casuals and bad players love this game tho. No surprise there.