Welcome to Vanilla SWTOR

Toxen

This is the time.

This is when we will look back 2, 4, 6 years down the road and go: "That's when it was good. That's when the game catered to hardcore players. That's when talents made sense and pvp was balanced. I wish BW would make a 1-50 only server so we can relive the good ol days."

This is the time.

This is when we will look back 2, 4, 6 years down the road and go: "That's when it was good. That's when the game catered to hardcore players. That's when talents made sense and pvp was balanced. I wish BW would make a 1-50 only server so we can relive the good ol days."

Lol, you are probably right about that. I guess deep down I'm hoping that a few years from now we'll be able to look back and say the game has really gotten a lot better. Sadly I'm too cynical. :D

This is the time.

I have always thought that would be an awesome idea for WoW to do. Me and my friends loved the BC days and then everything just got too twisted from there and we all quit. It seems like it would be in their interest to make a few servers for each expansion, right? It would only attract more players.

I strongly doubt the game would actually get worse over time, but people will most likely think this anyway.

I can't help but feel this topic was made as a comparison to WoW, where people say this all the time. But vanilla WoW was way worse than its current version in all aspects except difficalty. It's just nostalgia and delusions that cause people to think otherwise.

Edited by Wooflez

I sure hope not because this game is so casual it almost isn't even a game.

Agreed.

In its current form, to call Vanilla SWTOR the most hardcore state is LOL worthy. It is sooo easyyyyy.

I cant imagine them making it even easier. Will the game play itself? Level while youre afk?

I got to say. I know a lot of this stems from WoW but also other games. I can remember some of the nostalgia but I also remember fighting each expansion to prove my tanking spot as a feral druid again and again. Having to rewrite the book on how to do it.

But I am looking forward to Mists of Pandora... I have a feeling that will sort players out a bit between the skilled and the clones. Partly because there just plain won't be talent trees for people to copy and paste into their characters and spread sheet rotations for them to follow.

It'll be an interesting thing to play for me and see how people really do once that hits because a lot of choices will be about personal style.

If this is Vanilla SWTOR, can I get access to a time machine, so I can go to Cata SWTOR and enjoy years of accumulated improvements to the user interface, class abilities, and talent trees? (The analogy only goes so far, though, for if the writing in SWTOR's expansions ever approaches that of Cataclysm in terms of its vapidity or utter stupidity, I'll be forced to /wrist at the degree to which Bioware has fallen.)

Yeah, aside from all the small nagging things, I think the fact that it's way too easy is my single big grief with the game.

I wouldn't say the game is too easy. There are lots of challenges to be had if you know where to look.

-Try Doing Heroic 2+ quests with just you and your companion

-Try Doing Heroic 4+ quests with and friend and your companions

-Quest in areas where the mobs are about the same level or a bit higher. I'm actually skipping the 3rd planet in my story quest because I have outlevelled the 3rd planet from doing all the quests on the 2nd one. By skipping, I mean only doing the main story quest, and then moving on to the next area.

Edited by Jadalyn

Yeah, aside from all the small nagging things, I think the fact that it's way too easy is my single big grief with the game.

Dark Age of Camelot's main aspect was PvP, thats the thing it did well and what it was build around.

World of Warcraft, despite it's eSport PvP in later releases, was clearly build around raid PvE

SWTOR has advertised it's compelling storyline....

To this date, nobody has pointed out whats left of it if you just skip the teenage power fantasy and go straight to max level.

I doubt this will be running in 2 years time.

MMO's just don't last any more- they have shelf life of a couple of years before ppl get bored and move on- with some big developments on the horizon, I would give this 2-3 years tops.

Edited by Vialator

I strongly doubt the game would actually get worse over time, but people will most likely think this anyway.

I can't help but feel this topic was made as a comparison to WoW, where people say this all the time. But vanilla WoW was way worse than its current version in all aspects except difficalty. It's just nostalgia and delusions that cause people to think otherwise.

Not really true, but I could see why someone would say that. There are things they can't ever recapture from vanilla that were great. Some changes they'll never revert have made the game worse. There are also some great things they've done with the game since. To say that vanilla was only better, even if only in some ways, just because of nostalgia....well, that's purely ignorant and asinine.

This is the time.

In before the CU and NGE!

Not really true, but I could see why someone would say that. There are things they can't ever recapture from vanilla that were great. Some changes they'll never revert have made the game worse. There are also some great things they've done with the game since. To say that vanilla was only better, even if only in some ways, just because of nostalgia....well, that's purely ignorant and asinine.

So very true a +1 if we could give rep to posters on this statement.

That's when the game catered to hardcore players.

When did this start? They have said repeatedly for the past 4 years that they are catering to casual players and hardcore players can go f*ck themselves. The game content is waaaay to easy to be considered catering to the casual lol.

I have always thought that would be an awesome idea for WoW to do. Me and my friends loved the BC days and then everything just got too twisted from there and we all quit. It seems like it would be in their interest to make a few servers for each expansion, right? It would only attract more players.

In the long run it wouldn't help keep players. Since the old-expansion servers would never get any new content, people would maybe play an extra couple of months, maybe a full year, then drop it, since they saw and did everything possible.

Agreed.

In its current form, to call Vanilla SWTOR the most hardcore state is LOL worthy. It is sooo easyyyyy.

I cant imagine them making it even easier. Will the game play itself? Level while youre afk?

It isn't even close to being as easy as WoW though.. just saying.

It isn't even close to being as easy as WoW though.. just saying.

As easy as WoW is now? No.

As easy as WoW was on release? Haha, oh wow. WoW blew SWTOR out of the water, difficulty-wise, in that regard.

But I think we all can agree that WoW has degenerated into a steaming pile of dung, somewhere around the release of the first expansion. From what I've heard since, it's just been getting worse.

Edited by Luckmann