IRL Tattoo ideas.

Saimeren

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting my first tattoo, and I was wondering what kind of ideas you guys have. I'd love to see pictuires of tattoos you guys have, or any ideas you have.

If you've got tattoos of your own throw some pictures up of them, or awesome tattoos of your friends, or just ideas that you have for future tattoos.

If you don't have any tattoos throw out some ideas of what might be kool, or pictures of things that would make a great tattoo.

Lets have some fun with this.

-Saimeren

While neither me nor my sis have any tats one of my college buds has the traditional Mandalorian symbol tattooed on his shoulder.

lol. That's pretty kool. That was actually one of my original ideas.

*Ideas don't have to be Star wars related by the way*

I have 2 tats. As a person who has them, let me say this...pick something that has MEANING for you. If you pick something just because it's "cool" or "cute", you may find later that you regret it (you can pick something that is both cool and has meaning for you..that's actually probably the best choice). But, if you find something that has meaning to you personally, you'll be less likely to regret having it later.

Tattoos are (basically) forever, so don't pick one "just because". You can't get rid of them nearly as easily as you can get one.

Good luck with your choice. I love mine, but tattooing isn't something that is right for everyone.

Pretty sure I'm getting my Sith Juggernaut tattooed as soon as I get some more unique equip lol

Right now I can't afford more ink but the plan is to get my chest and arms covered.

Sorry for the cheesy photo, don't got a better one lol http://images.luisaviaroma.com/Big55I/0EH/6010.JPG

My advice is, get what you want if you're sure you won't regret it because of your career or social life. For me, my tats are more like a birth mark, I can't lose it anyway. This meaning stuff doesn't work for me, I hate people asking for the meaning of mine and also stuttering utter bullsith responses of other tattooed people being asked by nagging idiots. You just should take care that you're in no position to justify your tattoos.

Edited by mirosusan

I'm in the middle of getting my full back tattoo. I have wanted to get it done for 4 years. You need to pick something that has meaning for you. And I chose my back because I wanted it big and I wanted it to not affect my future income. There are a lot of stereotypes people have when it comes to tattoos.

My advice is research your tattooist. Seriously, go around looking at portfolios. Visit tattoo shops, even if they are far away. You do not want to have something permanent that was done terribly and does not hold up well. Find out if the artist has won any competition awards and if their style suits what you want done. Please do not settle on something just bc you want a tattoo and that's what sounds good atm.

I have a full sleeve and work on my leg, there's a picture below but it's not very close haha, I'll describe also, I have a dragon on my upper arm, portrait on my forearm, Japanese lotus and chrysanthemum on the other side of my forearm and rose on my wrist. The dragon take up my entire upper arm going all around and over my shoulder. I still need quite a lot of work on it though as it needs the colour, being a university student however means I'm poor and haven't had any work done on it in around 8 months.

On my leg I have the old saying about Magpies, if you know it "One for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl, four for a boy etc. etc." So on my left calf I have One For Sorrow on banners around a Magpie that has a old-school look with boarders, once more I need more to that, all the colour etc.

Not the best pic but you get the idea of my sleeve

Magpie on my leg, unfinished

Ideas? I don't have ideas for you cause I don't know you. You should get something you'll not regret, they are hard to remove. May be better to throw out some info about what is important to you, what speaks to you, etc. and get comments.

My sister told me when I was about 15 and wanted to get a tattoo to decide what I wanted and wait a year to see if I still like the idea.

That was great advice, maybe you dont need a year, but most of the people I know that regret their tattoos went into the shop not knowing what they wanted and picked something on the spot.

I have so far 16 eyes on various parts of my body.

I've had some of em 15 years at this point and I couldn't be happier. For some reason people are creeped out by them, but their just stylized eyes.

Best moment ever was going home with a girl and...well it was dark for a while and...so she didn't see them until the morning and jumped outta bed saying ***!!!. HHHaa. put her glasses on and laughed so it was funny.

I agree with almost everything being said. My advice to you would be to think about it first. I wouldnt walk into a tattoo shop and pick something off the wall. I have almost 32 hours in the chair to date and ive got another 15 or 20 to go. My ink tells stories about my life such as significant events, love and loss, personal experiences etc. Each piece means something different to me. The second thing i would tell you is to check around and find a reputable artist. Just because he is charging 100-150.00 an hour does not mean he is any better than the guy charging 75-100.00 an hour. Ask around and if you see a person with some kind of particular work in the style you like approach them and ask them who did their work. Most of them will gladly point you in the right direction. Good luck with your search and i hope i helped a little bit.....