5 BM Commendations out of 42 Bags

Squarez

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11.9% is not the 25% droprate that the devs said it was, this RNG system is re-re-re-re-retarded

Double or triple, even quad the cost of the BM items, make bags always drop 1.

at least you don't get crappy tokens of items you already own.

11.9% is not the 25% droprate that the devs said it was, this RNG system is re-re-re-re-retarded

25% drop rate does not mean guaranteed one out of every 4 bags has a token. It means that each bag you open has a 25% chance to contain a BM commendation.

Essentially the opening of past bags have no impact on the opening of the current or future chance, if you open enough bags over time (and the number of bags is a rather large number) you'd wind up at about 25% hit rate. Over the immediate (and even 50 bags is immediate/small sample) having 11% is fine, the RNG gods are not with you and that sucks (and I know the feeling) but you can open your next 5 bags and have BM commends in each one of them.

You realize even with a 75% chance to drop, you could theoretically never get one........

I've personally gotten 18 bags and have gotten 9 commendations....

Imagine it as a 100-sided dice roll. You need to roll 25 or lower to get a BM token, but 100 to 26 means you get nothing. This is for each bag.

Nothing you can prove or disprove in probability until you get a big sample size, preferably approaching infinity :D.

Edited by Treplos

I understand statistics, and that 42 might not be a large enough sample, but come on, 5 out of 42? is ANYONE else having it this bad? It is absolutely the most discouraging thing to play this game to see a post 1.1 BM running around 2 weeks into his BM career with almost a full set of BM gear.

I understand statistics, and that 42 might not be a large enough sample, but come on, 5 out of 42? is ANYONE else having it this bad? It is absolutely the most discouraging thing to play this game to see a post 1.1 BM running around 2 weeks into his BM career with almost a full set of BM gear.

I've got 3 from 20 bags. I got nothing from the 1st, then 3 tokens in a row, then nothing ever since. RNG at its best.

Edited by Treplos

they have a 20%chance (or was it 25?) of being in the bm-bags. your 5 bags seem fine to me.

25% i believe.

This guy , IF he is telling the TRUTH , which i find much more unlikely than the bags only dropping 5 , is VERY unlucky.

Edited by rzrknight

Imagine it as a 100-sided dice roll. You need to roll 25 or lower to get a BM token, but 100 to 26 means you get nothing. This is for each bag.

Nothing you can prove or disprove in probability until you get a big sample size, preferably approaching infinity :D.

You do get something...champion tokens, so it isn't that bad. Given that there are for example healer and dps sets for sage/sorc likely the champion can be used for something.

in another game ,my guild and i raided the same place for a full year(52 kills of the end boss)and the trinket my friend wanted never dropped...not once in 52 kills

how is that any different than opening bags?

If every bag gave a token , i m sure you d be on here saying one of the following

They give BM gear away,guaranteed to get one no skill required just time....or

Hit 50 ,fully geared in 4 days ,bored ,nothing to do.

in another game ,my guild and i raided the same place for a full year(52 kills of the end boss)and the trinket my friend wanted never dropped...not once in 52 kills

If every bag gave a token , i m sure you d be on here saying one of the following

Well currently as you know Battlemaster is the best pvp gear in the game. I dont mind champion being random, but Battlemaster you should have something to aim for

e.g a token drops in each bag and each item costs 10-20 tokens, that way it would take a long time to get the gear AND you would have something to work torwards

Champion commendations would be fantastic if I was not already full champion. I grinded WZ to battlemaster before the 1.1 patch and hit BM the night before 1.1 hit. So I started at pretty much full champion.

If you don't believe my luck I will happily provide evidence.

SacredHeals had a great point in his video, there is little incentive to play the game when you are essentially screwed over for your time put in. You can only get 16 Bags a week, I have basically spent almost 3 weeks with only 2 pieces of gear to show for my time, a relic and a mainhand. If our server wasn't hosting our weekend pvp tournaments 3v3, 4v4, etc, I would have quit a long time ago.

Yes plenty of people have it this bad. There should be no luck involved in getting a token. You should get a token every bag you (play the game for) and just make pieces cost a ton of tokens 20+ per piece.

At least when people play for 5 days doing the dailies or wait for the daily in the horrible ILUM system to be completed.. they get 1 step closer. (progression)

The concept of Gear in PvE and PVP is a bit different. In PVE you do not absolutely need all the best gear to complete the task at hand and stay competitive. Whereas in high end pvp, not having the gear can decide the outcome in a fight against two very similarly skilled high end players. Continually floating at the level of gear if there is still progression (which there is at the moment as very few players have full BM) is needed to be successful. Basically because of this RNG, it is possible to fall behind the curve of gear and get completely screwed over.