LvL 50 sorcerers need a BUFF!!

Labradoraki

I play a 50 sorc, I have maybe 5 or 6 pieces of pvp gear, the rest is crafted epics- so usually I'm outgeared on my server. 1v1, if the enemy lets me kite them, they die- but usually they have to let me kite them. It's pretty common to get eaten by a few hits of a marauder, and near impossible to lose them due to their CC and leaps- a scoundrel can hit hard very fast, but usually they're escapable. Mercs and snipers do too much damage I generally avoid or have to LoS.

That's all solo though- thing is, they're pretty well balanced to take on most classes 1v1, though yes, in an open field, a marauder or commando should eat me for breakfast.

It's a team game though. Meaning- if a few focus me, I'll go down very fast, and it's very easy to stop speed. On the flip side though, I can devastate clumps of enemies and in any time where sustained dps/healing comes into play I am king.

Sadly, our burst is weak and we're easy to shrug off- burst is usually pretty vital to pvp so that's our one weakness (generally I need the red buff to get a 2.5k crit off chain lightning or death field for the medal, even geared I don't think a sorc can get the 5k hit medal).

Do we need a nerf? No, we have weaknesses, our bubble is about 3k which is good, yes, but for a squishy it's not a defensive CD to get up in arms over, our CC is good, but again, we're a caster class- it's not over the top- right now I have a snare, channelled snare, mez on long CD, stun on long CD, interrupt, short speed burst that can be and is often countered and an aoe knockback with a delay to it and short radius of effect.

Do we need a buff? No to that too, we're fine where we are, we have classes we do both good and bad against, we have our uses in groups and we're in turn easy targets to shut down- seems balanced to me.

yes we DO need a buff, such squishy classes with crappy damage and NOT AWESOME cc is not viable in competitive pvp... yes anyone can kill noobs sorry, that doenst mean its balance

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The absolute only change to sorc/sages I would like to see is Force speed on a Longer cooldown. No you're not going to see massive numbers on a Sorc/Sage, but you sure are going to see a hell of a lot of numbers. Edited by Kyrandis

This is towards level 50 sorcerers so if you dont have one dont whine since you dont know anything aout them....

At level 50 the sorcerer damage is weak and it cannot kill anyone fast enough

our defense is 0, we are the squishiest class ingame and a huge cooldown shield that only takes 2k damage is USELESS compared tot the damage 50s do

Our cc are useless when we ont have enough damage to kill someone or enough power to even survive an attack...

You had it very easy level 1-49. At level 50 you need to work to to win.

from my (very) limited experience, I think with sorc they should be (very) squishy because the damage and cc they output if left unhindered really really adds up in a match, yes ppl can bring them down but first they have to get through an aoe kb plus a bunch of holds and force speed

This is towards level 50 sorcerers so if you dont have one dont whine since you dont know anything aout them....

our defense is 0, we are the squishiest class ingame and a huge cooldown shield that only takes 2k damage is USELESS compared tot the damage 50s do

Our cc are useless when we ont have enough damage to kill someone or enough power to even survive an attack...

I havent read anything else in the thread, I just saw this and needed to reply...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow man... that is idd a good joke. Keep me up to date on your other ones.

from my (very) limited experience, I think with sorc they should be (very) squishy because the damage and cc they output if left unhindered really really adds up in a match, yes ppl can bring them down but first they have to get through an aoe kb plus a bunch of holds and force speed

ehm the damage is horrible low at 50 compared to other even HEAVY ARMOR classes... our burst is the weakest in the game, our cc are nice but they are not awesome to balance the damage AND SQUISHINESS

this man speaks the TRUTH. sorcs are rly weak, the only think saving them is ppl stupidity, so they need a buff because we want balance not stupidity balance

You know nothing, sorc got alot of utility cc, etc etc.

You want them to have rly good damage aswell? so your saying you want a mage ? ;)

I Finally got my Sorc up to Level 50, Valor Rank 41, its awful that i can't kill 3 People by myself, sorc really needs to be buffed so i can kill the whole enemy team on my own! :cool:

Stop playing against bad/undergeared players.

People are finally starting to wise up and realize that sorc in wz = squishy so we end up spending 70% of our time kiting the pain train all over the map. If sorcs are given the chance to go turret mode they do fairly mediocre single target damage vs decently geared opponents. Add in a half decent enemy healer and sorcs will really struggle to kill anything. Oh but hey they are good at getting medals and they put up nice numbers in the final damage charts (thanks AoE!) so I guess there's that.

SORCERER SUCKS EPICLY....

WE ARE THE FIRST TAGET TO BE GRAPPLED AND ATTACKED BY HIGH DAMAGE SKILL CUZ WE SUCK AT DEFENSE, BUBBLE IS USELESS ISNCE IT ONLY STOPS HALF A CRIT

WE HAVE THE WORST DAMAGE OF ALLL CLASSES AT 50

WE HAVE FEW CC AND ARE NOT ENOUGH FOR THE CRAPPY DAMAGE TO DEFEAT ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAINCELL(most wz players dont even have that)

Sorry BUT if you are standing in a place freecasting that doesnt make you good, it makes other stupid nor killing a noob makes you good...e veryone can kill noobs, we are the squishiest class and lose to everyone that can play his class halfwell1!

WE ARE THE FIRST TAGET TO BE GRAPPLED AND ATTACKED BY HIGH DAMAGE SKILL CUZ WE SUCK AT DEFENSE, BUBBLE IS USELESS ISNCE IT ONLY STOPS HALF A CRIT

WE HAVE FEW CC AND ARE NOT ENOUGH FOR THE CRAPPY DAMAGE TO DEFEAT ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAINCELL(most wz players dont even have that)

Couldn't find the Caps Lock button? Well you need more then 1/4 Braincell for that. If Sorc will be buffed everybody will play sorc. I've one too, and there's for sure no need for a Buff, a little nerf maybe, but for sure not a buff.

If you can't kill anybody learn to play, its not others peoples fault your playing with 1 Button because you couldnt find the others ...

Sorry BUT if you are standing in a place freecasting that doesnt make you good, it makes other stupid nor killing a noob makes you good...e veryone can kill noobs, we are the squishiest class and lose to everyone that can play his class halfwell1!

You have the worst playerbase! Most do not know how to play.

Get a guard on you and you're fine. This isn't 1on1 scenario game. Get over it.

And please buff merc/commandos when you're done buffing sorc/sage. /sarcasm off

Edited by zaknaphein

http://cdn.overclock.net/9/9b/9b02501a_dont-know-if-trolling-or-just-very-stupid.jpeg

OP, the best advice I can give is this:

Go to control panel, then in control panel youll find something called "Programs & Features".

Double click on programs and features and a list will appear. Scroll down through that list until you find Star Wars: The Old Republic, and right click on it. Click on the uninstall option and youll be good to go. Good to go to any MMO other than this one, because you clearly have no idea how to play this one.

Oh but hey they are good at getting medals and they put up nice numbers in the final damage charts (thanks AoE!) so I guess there's that.

So you want to increase your total damage in those charts also?

If you want something different than AoE damage and long range advantage roll a melee class. And compare otherwise

this thread is just for hoping to get dev attention and countering possible future nerfs.

Edited by -Kazim-