Congratulations, on the worst launch concept ever!

Fenanin

I don't get why you believe this is launch, it isn't it is early access. This is not something you paid for it is a gift a bonus if you will. Launch isn't till midnight 12/20 and based off of WoW's launch this is a downright success. And no I have gotten my early access email yet either. So give them a break it isn't exactly easy or quick getting these games launched.

it was a launch because people are playing right now, the game was launched on 12/13

WoW launch was way better in my opinion, because I was actually playing the game when it was launched

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember the staggered start wasn't done to ensure server stability and spread folks out across the zones. The EGA was just to punish the folks that didn't pre-order in July. Shame on you. Next time you want to play early--get in line early.

oh cause i am tired of seeing such posts about no one telling you.

this is a pic from the on-site pre-order info releashed on july 21 (the date when preorders started):

http://www.askajedi.com/2011/07/21/pre-order-now-available-for-star-wars-the-old-republic/

it says it quite clearly (even in a seperate paragraph):

THE ORDER WHICH YOU WILL REDEEM YOUR PRE-ORDER CODE BLAH BLAH BLAH

That is in swtor.com, not where i ordered mine from. Or where i noticed this game from. So your point is invalid.

Hes not the one using razor products, a true gamer knows they break in less than 1 month of solid play

I have owned a razor naga for a bit over 6 months.... so yeah... its still going strong unline Logitech crap that breaks...

Edited by Jocken

Brilliant idea! Staggering the launch by pre-order date, much after the fact!

You have no idea what you're talking about. I've known that early access was based on registering your code since July 21st. If you didn't, blame your lack of attention to detail, not Bioware.

That is in swtor.com, not where i ordered mine from. Or where i noticed this game from. So your point is invalid.

Not an invalid point at all. Since it is on the website of the game, it's not unreasonable to assume that you might visit that before preordering, in order to do a little research. You didn't, fair enough, but it's still by no means an invalid point.

it was a launch because people are playing right now, the game was launched on 12/13

WoW launch was way better in my opinion, because I was actually playing the game when it was launched

.............really?

Maybe you were on one of the very few good servers, because the vast majority were unplayable due to lag, crashes, exploits and bugs, etc. They shut down most or all servers for hours at a time to fix the problems. And when one server went down, people flocked to the other servers, bringing those down too.

In my opinion, people whining because they didn't redeem their code early is a way better issue to have than those server problems.

Edited by dreadpirateandy

Brilliant idea! Staggering the launch by pre-order date, much after the fact! Now almost all my guild is in and playing without me, their guild leader.

I guess I was too busy wasting my time beta testing the game to pre-order right away, not that I was told that it would make a difference how soon I would be able to access the game.

Months of work organizing a guild, including a whole prelaunch program wasted because you damned idiots decided to make the launch unfair and not let everyone in at the same time.

The game isn't even close to a finished or stable product.

Take this game and this launch and shove it up your arse.

I am sure your guild is doing just fine without their infamous leader. everyone is solo leveling anyhow, not like they really need you to do that now do they? Stop crying it shows a lack of leadership on your part!!!

this is a pic from the on-site pre-order info releashed on july 21 (the date when preorders started):

http://www.askajedi.com/2011/07/21/pre-order-now-available-for-star-wars-the-old-republic/

This. Thank you Shroud. Don't blame BioWare. Interesting you found plenty of time to type this out, yet not the time to read the pre-order/early access page.

Without explaining how the launch would work, a reasonable consumer would take that to mean a staggered launch over a few hours (based on other MMOS) not a few days. A reasonable or average consumer shouldn't have to investigate further what "earlier" means, if previous MMOS have been able to launch a game with pre-orders on the same day.

Nothing on your picture explains that it would be a few days of waiting. Even a few hours sucks, but they went beyond that and made players wait days for their chance to join their guild. Yeah I'm upset, not much I can do about it; but your picture proves nothing except you drank the BW cool aid.

Brilliant idea! Staggering the launch by pre-order date, much after the fact! Now almost all my guild is in and playing without me, their guild leader.

I guess I was too busy wasting my time beta testing the game to pre-order right away, not that I was told that it would make a difference how soon I would be able to access the game.

Months of work organizing a guild, including a whole prelaunch program wasted because you damned idiots decided to make the launch unfair and not let everyone in at the same time.

Nope, best concept ever. The servers are not ending up crashed, and there aren't four hour wait times. You just have no patience, and expect immediate gratification. Welcome to life.

Without explaining how the launch would work, a reasonable consumer would take that to mean a staggered launch over a few hours (based on other MMOS) not a few days. A reasonable or average consumer shouldn't have to investigate further what "earlier" means, if previous MMOS have been able to launch a game with pre-orders on the same day.

Nothing on your picture explains that it would be a few days of waiting. Even a few hours sucks, but they went beyond that and made players wait days for their chance to join their guild. Yeah I'm upset, not much I can do about it; but your picture proves nothing except you drank the BW cool aid.

In typical 2011 internet fashion, make sure you blame EVERYONE else, except yourself.

Edited by stayonboard

Early access *******. Heard of it? and for your info this is by far one of the best release set ups I have seen. Take it from someone whose been there for WOW, FFXI, FFXIV, RIFT and AION that this is one of the best ways instead of all bundle on at midnight day 1 and screw the servers for 3/4 days like WOW had or 8 hour wait times like FFXIV had. Need I go on you idiot?

Also just to make something clear its called Early access. It was originally claimed for UPTO notice that word and let it sink in UPTO 5 days. Now they add 2 more days to it and roll out by pre order date and you moan like a child???? GET A LIFE. Your guild members all got on earlier because they where smart enough to pre order fast. Besides that BIOWARE owe you nothing. They are doing an amazing job doing a rolling stress test on full use of servers during the early access. Its free extra time.

Seriously I f*cking hate people like you who moan all day about something you know fk all about.

I don't get why you believe this is launch, it isn't it is early access. This is not something you paid for it is a gift a bonus if you will. Launch isn't till midnight 12/20 and based off of WoW's launch this is a downright success. And no I have gotten my early access email yet either. So give them a break it isn't exactly easy or quick getting these games launched.

If you and everyone else hanging on this delusional idea that somehow "early access" isn't the games actual "launch" actually believe what you keep saying you need to have your heads checked.

I think this was the best idea they could have had for the "pre-launch" early access whatever the heck you want to call it

Every MMO out there that released on their ONE date BAM servers are fubar for days. Even the latest one RIFT did it.

SWTOR is doing it right. Your just whining because you didn't get in extra early. I mean seriously people. The freaking pre-order said UP TO FIVE DAYS... THEY STARTED 7 DAYS EARLY!!!

What more do you freaking want from a company, they started early, it went well so they even did MORE waves early. They are pushing as fast as they can and keeping their crap stable!

And for you information I AM NOT IN YET EITHER and my entire guild is, and they are taking every chance they can do go "dude just did this". Quit your whining, do your job, go about your life and be freaking patient like an adult. And if your one of those "I TOOK OFF WORK JUST FOR THIS" ...

Congratulations, your a moron with no life.

should they get all of december in toady I would agree with you a great pre-release staragy.

However if they should decide to refuse the december pre-order today. It is for one reason and one reason alone,

Simple spite.

They added tons of servers last night and i would estimate over 90% of all the pre-orders are playing as of the final wave today.

Refusing the People that for whatever reason didn't pre-order till december at this point in time is simply BioWare being an ***

This argument is nullified by the fact that the stress test (which was really a hype preorder building demo) invited insane amounts of people at the same time on a peak time (a holiday weekend).

There wouldn't have been crashes if they had continued invites from the 13th after the peak times.

How about the fact that during the Thanksgiving beta 4/5 times I would log on I would sit in a queue for 15-30+ minutes?

This was the correct way to do this. People are not forced to participate, they can wait until the 20th when it's an actual launch day.

Hes not the one using razor products, a true gamer knows they break in less than 1 month of solid play

Been using Razer ever since they came into existence back in 1999. Only once ever had a Razer product fail and that was the Onza otherwise every Razer keyboard, mouse I've ever had still works just the same as it did the day it came out of the box.

Well, your inability to plan does not constitute an emergancy on our part.

With an attitude like that I bet you are the only one in your guild.

I think the way they are doing it is absolutely awesome. And no i am not in and have no date yet either. By the time i get in, start zones wont have 50,000 people all trying to kill the same mobs and people moaning because it takes 2 days to level to 5.

I played the beta and it quenched my desire to play and yet made me hungry for more. I can't wait to get online, but after WoW expansions, age of conan, Lotro and Aion all doing mass launches. This is a real change.

And if you are guild master i am sure a few friends can power level you up and you may get some really nice members and friends on the day you enter the game.

Grow up, be a man and leave the whining to WoW players.