PvP Problems

Aneu

Honeslty?i dont agree with your point.

Im working 8 hours per day, im married and i like to go out and drink with friend sometime. i am also a HUGE gamer, i love playing mmorpg and im doing it since i was 15(im 25 now)and i dont see why i shoul get killed by someone who have more free time than me.

you talking about skill but it only seems that you are intrested in gearing faster than casual gamer in order to pew pew.

and abut the efford stuff, i dont see any efford in someone who play 18 hours out of 24 per day.

try to work, pay your bill, make a woman happy and find the time to play, thats an efford mate :) or at least the one that should be rewarded.

Haha, this sir, is a TRUE gamer :p

The fact that you stated about hardcore and casual pvp is a good point, but I love pvp and pve. I can grind in pvp for a bit, but the randoms make it annoying. I do wish that you get points based on what you do, but if that was the case if you had everyone on Team A in better gear and Team B noob gear, well Team B would get barely any points seeing how the dps,healing,and overall team would suck. So it is nice that you get points even if you suck, just means that when you get last gear you still will suck. Gear also doesnt tell if "said" player is good. He may be good, but can mean he has time on his hands. I myself can't wait to pvp because the videos on youube are a rofl-fest. People are terrible and I cant wait to destroy people in pvp, and choke a ewok. :)

Happy Hunting ^^

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read a bit of what the oper says, very quickly,

and if i'm not mistaken he believes that the rewards arent good enough to make people want to pvp.

Well, i pvp for the win, and for fun. The rewards will not change that.

In fact, i hope this game is not gear-based, and pvp is competitive, and not judged by your /played.

And i'm not some casual pvper, been rank14 in wow, and on the best eu guild in warhammer.

And i dont want my teammates to want to pvp for their epeen or loot. Pvping is about victory, and fun.

Not a carrot-on-a-stick race.

But then again, i might have misread the op, and not understood it correctly,

so dont mind my arguments.

+1 qft

Currently the PvP in SWTOR has no real meaning to it, there are no objectives no catalyst to promote fighting from both sides (Considering this is called Star WARS one would expect people fighting).

But what about... I don't know... having fun? You know, like doing stuff for the sake of enjoyment, bragging rights and reputation?

Besides, this whole "PvP for the privileged" thing will come naturally, anyway... it's not like these 3 warzones and the illusion of world PvP is what will be there for years to come.

Ok you make some valid points, like the RNG and the afking in warzones to get the same amount of loot. However, I don't agree with the open world/Ilum parts of your post. If you love open world pvp so much, wouldn't you do it for fun no matter the rewards?

First off what is this 'we' you keep referring to throughout your post? Are you seriously egotistical enough to think you are talking for the WHOLE of hardcore PVP players?? Hell I've never heard of you.

If you are truly concerned about proving yourself better in PVP than the next person I think a system in place where it keeps people more in line with each other is actually MORE towards proving who is the actual better PLAYER and not who has the best gear.

If you are truly concerned about proving yourself better in PVP than the next person I think a system in place where it keeps people more in line with each other is actually MORE towards proving who is the actual better PLAYER and not who has the best gear.

Fantastic point. I didn't even think of that:D

Ok, didn't read all the pages of this post, but I'll throw in my 2c. (Long Post)

No game starts out with a perfect PvP system. While some of the information presented by the OP is a little disheartening, I don't think it will break the game, and I'm sure it will eventually be changed if enough people are vocal about it after the game has been out for a while.

Look at original WoW, it didn't have much outside of world PvP. Most of the BG's weren't even out when the game was realeased, it took them 6 months for them to start adding more. Then it took them quite a bit longer to add Arena, which had a slew of problems with balance. Original WoW had the Warlord sets, but that was one hell of a grind, and few actually got there.

The one thing that disappoints me a little is that games are going a bit too much toward the $ in the profit>gameplay scale. Other games are starting to make their games as widely accessible, and easily pick-up-and-play-able to get the most customers to play their games. Unfortunately, in the eyes of hardcore PvP'ers, this makes the game too easy and takes any sense of purpose out of it. Unfortunately, BW needs to make money, thus they design a game where the most people can play it without needing to have an uber leet premade, arena team, or clan in order to be successful.

Hopefully they will add a bit more of a challenge to the PvP so that the hardcore players can have their place, and the casual players can still compete...not an easy feat to pull off...and this is coming from someone who loves PvP but doesn't have the time to be "hardcore" anymore. Both parties should be content, and as it currently stands, casual players like myself are going to be happy, but Hardcore players will get bored quickly.

So, I should be able to call my boss and tell them I have other things I would like to do and they should keep paying me that same for doing less? Gotcha.

Yeah, this is basically what your saying.

lol wut?

1)im not attacking anyone

3)you cant compare a job to a game(and i work as a game tester..)and i mean no u cant.

4)i dont see why playerX(with 24hours free time) should get any advantage over playerZ(3 hours free time)in terms of pvp

5)are playerX afraid of a challange and need gear in order to win?because i really dont see why otherwise.

you are complaining about pvp reward mate..you want to be the best pvp player out of this game just because you can play more than others, and i am afraid but the fact that you can play more than me cant be considered as an effort, for real guys.

in conclusion i have a wish for BW:

i wish the warzone/pvp area will be only accessible while naked, true skillz :D

lol wut?

1)im not attacking anyone

3)you cant compare a job to a game(and i work as a game tester..)and i mean no u cant.

4)i dont see why playerX(with 24hours free time) should get any advantage over playerZ(3 hours free time)in terms of pvp

5)are playerX afraid of a challange and need gear in order to win?because i really dont see why otherwise.

you are complaining about pvp reward mate..you want to be the best pvp player out of this game just because you can play more than others, and i am afraid but the fact that you can play more than me cant be considered as an effort, for real guys.

in conclusion i have a wish for BW:

i wish the warzone/pvp area will be only accessible while naked, true skillz :D

and this is why you're a $10/hr game tester and not a developer...

the whole point of a MMO is to improve your character over time. if you want to be naked, go play halo.

If the gear is all your after your really doing it wrong, yes the gear is nice and pretty, but if your at all good, you really don't need it unless your against someone at your skill level or better. Getting it faster than someone who does not spend as much time in warfronts as you should not matter, unless your just well below that person in skill level anyway.

Please please please, to all that is holy among the gaming creators of SWTOR...

please do not do to SWTOR what Blizz did to pvp in WoW.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make pvp-only gear stats that do not translate into the PVE world, and vice-versa.

I acknowledge to the hardcore PVP'ers out there who work very hard for their gear, because I used to be you. I just to do nothing but pvp... if I was logged in, I was in a fight somewhere, either in a BG, or defending some town, or hunting down some dog who was known as a ganker. And I had great gear to back it up.

Investing the time and energy into building that pvp-gear should definitely far out-weigh the casual pvp'er.

On the flip side... If I invest the time and energy to organize 20+ people together to defeat the MOST difficult content in the game... the gear that "I" earn from that which is MOST DIFFICULT, should NOT render me near-useless in a PvP situation.

PLEASE do not go down the path that WoW did by killing PvP by creating a pvp-only stat that was ONLY available on PvP gear, and if you didn't have it, you were cut down with ease by someone who did.

If I am among the most progressed in content kills on whatever server and have the gear to back it up... just because I don't "LIVE" in a pvp war-zone shouldn't make my survival chances average or below average.

and vice versa... if I have killer PvP gear, and get invited to join end-game content, I shouldn't be weak and in-effective.

There 'ARE' people out there who are very talented in PvP, who work hard, research their class and practice their strats to become good... who just do not have the time to invest in both constant PVP battles AND constant PVE raiding...

and there 'ARE' people out there who are very talented players, who work hard, research their class and practice their strats to become good, who just don't have the opportunity or schedule availability to run specific days/times in end-game raiding guilds.

in both cases... when one from one world enters the other... they shouldn't be considered 2nd class players based JUST on the gear needed for one sucks if it comes from the other.

What ends up happening is a huge rift between the two, and the most dedicated players from each are not always to walk in each others' worlds... which really sucks.

just because I have a job and a family and hobbies 'other' than being logged into an MMO 10-hrs per day shouldn't penalize me in pvp if I only pve... and vice versa if i'm able to only dedicate my online time to one.

Im working 8 hours per day, im married and i like to go out and drink with friend sometime. i am also a HUGE gamer, i love playing mmorpg and im doing it since i was 15(im 25 now)and i dont see why i shoul get killed by someone who have more free time than me.

you talking about skill but it only seems that you are interested in gearing faster than casual gamer in order to pew pew.

and abut the efford stuff, i dont see any efford in someone who play 18 hours out of 24 per day.

try to work, pay your bill, make a woman happy and find the time to play, thats an efford mate :) or at least the one that should be rewarded.

EXCELLENT points! I am so glad that people with lots of free time and few personal responsibilities or outside interests are not going to be able to use gear advantage to easily dominate the rest of us in a game where we all pay the same monthly fee.

Let them win if they develop superior skill and battle awareness; not from gear and DPS weapons they can easily acquire simply from hours of button mashing.

Edited by Laserstrike

On the flip side... If I invest the time and energy to organize 20+ people together to defeat the MOST difficult content in the game... the gear that "I" earn from that which is MOST DIFFICULT, should NOT render me near-useless in a PvP situation.

The most difficult... nothing have been difficult in a game since halo 2 lengendary mode imo.

EXCELLENT points! I am so glad that people with lots of free time and few personal responsibilities or outside interests are not going to be able to dominate the rest of us in a game where we all pay the same monthly fee.

Totally agree.

Aion (with all its flaws) was initially built as a PvP centric game, the problem actually came into it when people began to get PvP gear. The hardcores were then facerolling the casuals and the normal gamers alike. Then it just boils down to the casuals/normals cannot get PvP gear as they cannot even begin to compete and the Hardcores just continue to faceroll with no challenge.

They addressed this in a recent patch by introducing an arena that is reasonably easy to get gear from.

tl;dr

My overall point is any TRUE PvPer will enjoy the challenge of having everyone able to compete rather than stream rolling all in front of them.

and this is why you're a $10/hr game tester and not a developer...

the whole point of a MMO is to improve your character over time. if you want to be naked, go play halo.

funny man,should i be offended?, bet you are a developer then.

the whole point of a game, for normal people like me that earn 10$hr(as you think) is the fun, if you play a game just to have better gear on a pixel version of what you will never be, thats your fault,not mine.

why the **** you attacking me by the way?point some constructive stuff instead of just pretending to know me

I shouldn't need to put in this caveat at the beginning of my post, but it always seems to bear mentioning. This post is only my opinion of the issue posited by the OP. Now for the meat of it.

PvP, for me, is about beating players. Shockingly simplistic I know, but damn it really doesn't need to be more complicated than that. Gear and shinnies are really only just that to me, fluff and colored fringe. The first time I got a taste of PvP was in a 1v1 duel at low level with no gear in a damn starter area. Needless to say I lost that duel, but for the 50 some seconds that it took to lose, I got a rush of adrenaline that was unlike anything else I have ever experienced in PvE. For me, that rush is its own reward. Since then I have only enjoyed PvP that has offered me that much craved for "high". In so much as gear is concerned, it is only a means to achieving that end. If gear is what you crave, then any number of games out there can oblige and provide players with the hamster wheel of content and purples. Honestly though, I feel bad for players that make the conscious decision to ignore all the good stuff along the way and just settle for the fringe/gearscore and then are content to rot in the capitol city complaining in general chat about how little this game has to offer. I've seen this before in too many games, and I hope that his one doesn't follow suit.

This games system of awarding gear will differ little in result than that of its contemporaries and thus I don't think that this point is really relevant. On the other points mentioned by the OP I mostly agree with the sentiment but not all the details. This point is the only one in which I truly beg to differ.