The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Would you play an "offline" version of SWTOR (maybe for a lower monthly fee)?

TheRealDestian

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many folks here would like to play SWTOR as an offline game? Same stories, same world, just 0 players.

Would you be happier playing it offline with no other players around? Would you do so if it only cost $5 per month to play offline instead of $15? (to cover the development of new content)

could you explain how that would be different from the way it is now?

• 2 months later...
How many folks here would like to play SWTOR as an offline game? Same stories, same world, just 0 players.

Would you be happier playing it offline with no other players around? Would you do so if it only cost $5 per month to play offline instead of $15? (to cover the development of new content)

Nope.

It would have to have Mass Effect-esque graphics. The cutscenes would have to be cinema like...pretty much it would have to be held to the standard of most single player games today.

Plus I don't pay $5 a month to play Skyrim...why would I for this?

Not for $5 a month. Maybe ill pay a one time fee of $5 to cover the conversion cost but it better turn the game into a doable single player game where I can take multiple companions and play them on FP's ... that includes being able to pause the game and move/queue up abilities like in DAO.

No I enjoy this game as an mmo......that means this idea would definitly ruin my favorite mmo....SWTOR .

Nope.

I wouldn't pay $5 a month for a single player game.

This game is designed as an MMO, so as a single player it would feel even worse to lvl in.

The huge worlds with a few creeps in between, and quite static. I think that it would actuall cause people to feel depressed by being exposed to such a lifeless fanstasy, or maybe it makes them happier that they can switch it off and live a real life without regretting stepping away from a lifeless world?

It may sound harsh, but the world is not dynamic at all. No day/night cycle, no npc routine, and the mobs are very static except for one odd npc doing thier patrols in a very awkward and systematic and programmed way that even that is not good.

So, single player would make people hate this game. That is why swtor devs should ahve balanced thier development a lot better. Its an MMO that plays more like a single player, but cant be a single player due to its missing elements of rpgs - multiple endings, or more npcs, and dynamic worlds.

I do already, and I don't mean that in the snarky "the mmo stuff sucks" way. I wanted KOTOR III not SWTOR, and so I play this game like it's KOTOR III. I've played mmo's before and I found I just don't get it: I don't like crafting, or grouping, or PVP, or joining a guild, or rp'ing, or whatever the heck Level 50's are doing when they are just standing around loitering in Stormwind...err I mean the Fleet. Whatever games I play (and I play a lot), I play for maybe an hour at a sitting, so any kind of raiding or anything is right out the window. So as you can imagine 99% of all the arguments on these forums are moot for me.

As a single player game, no this isn't as good as KOTOR or Mass Effect, but it is close enough that I want to finish the storylines for all classes. I still get to play and hear as FemShep by playing a female Trooper. I even play the space missions. Would I pay $5 to play offline? Hell, I'd pay $50 for the ability to take a party of 2 or 3 companions with me who can mix roles and be play able to tackle the operations by myself.

Maybe my kind of player was right all along, maybe EA should have just made KOTOR III and not messed with forces they didn't understand.

• 3 weeks later...
I do already, and I don't mean that in the snarky "the mmo stuff sucks" way. I wanted KOTOR III not SWTOR, and so I play this game like it's KOTOR III. I've played mmo's before and I found I just don't get it: I don't like crafting, or grouping, or PVP, or joining a guild, or rp'ing, or whatever the heck Level 50's are doing when they are just standing around loitering in Stormwind...err I mean the Fleet. Whatever games I play (and I play a lot), I play for maybe an hour at a sitting, so any kind of raiding or anything is right out the window. So as you can imagine 99% of all the arguments on these forums are moot for me.

As a single player game, no this isn't as good as KOTOR or Mass Effect, but it is close enough that I want to finish the storylines for all classes. I still get to play and hear as FemShep by playing a female Trooper. I even play the space missions. Would I pay $5 to play offline? Hell, I'd pay $50 for the ability to take a party of 2 or 3 companions with me who can mix roles and be play able to tackle the operations by myself.

Maybe my kind of player was right all along, maybe EA should have just made KOTOR III and not messed with forces they didn't understand.

+1 for OFFLINE PLAY FREE TO THOSE WHO PAID FULL PRICE! I paid $60.00 for this in Dec. 2011 and after 6 months @ $12.99 per. It is not worth paying another dime to play online. I got bored within the first month or so. But I pre paid for 6 months so I played. x( KOTOR III is what this should have been!