List of force powers not useable in SWTOR by Sith/Jedi

Seeiphiel

http://www.quora.com/Star-Wars/What-are-all-the-Force-powers-that-Jedi-and-Sith-can-use

Check out the link. Personally, I'd like to see the following force powers added:

-Pyrokinesis (Force power that allowed a Force-user to manipulate and create fire).

-Dopplegänger (Force power that allowed a user to create a perfect illusion of his or herself through the Force).

-Battle Meditation (Force ability which considerably boosted the morale, stamina, and overall battle prowess of an individual's allies while simultaneously reducing the opposition's combat-effectiveness by eroding their will to fight). Battle Meditation does more than that, but that's basically the gist of it.

What force powers would you like to see added?

Edit: Force choke and force avalanche weren't included on the website's list. Force choke is already in-game, I wouldn't care to see force avalanche in SWTOR.

Edited by Seeiphiel

Where did they get those powers from? Are they in the books or something? Most of them seem made up on the spot...

-We do not need any more. The force powers we DO have seem pretty balanced amongst the archetypes.

Where did they get those powers from? Are they in the books or something? Most of them seem made up on the spot...

-We do not need any more. The force powers we DO have seem pretty balanced amongst the archetypes.

Lots of Star Wars graphic novels and book history with many force abilities not seen in the movies and the video games. Master Satele Shan used Battle Meditation in the Battle for the Star Forge with Revan. In other words, they weren't made up. You don't actually need anything from mmorpgs...it's for entertainment purposes like any other video game, therefore it would be fun to add more abilities and easy to balance them.

Edit: Bastila Shan used it, not Satele Shan.

Edited by Seeiphiel

Lots of Star Wars graphic novels and book history with many force abilities not seen in the movies and some of the video games. In other words, they weren't made up. You don't actually need anything from mmorpgs...it's for entertainment purposes like any other video game, therefore it would be fun to add more abilities and easy to balance them.

They fail to mention which books and canon they have taken those powers from. Some must be very obscure...

Need is a relative term. Do not get so hung up on it and try to key in on the sentence as a whole. :rolleyes:

Edited by Uben

They fail to mention which books and canon they have taken those powers from. Some must be very obscure...

Need is a relative term. Do not get so hung up on it and try to key in on the sentence as a whole. :rolleyes:

Look up the Revan series books, play KOTOR, and read the books about Luke Skywalker in the "New Jedi Order" and/or play the game Star Wars: Jedi Academy.

Do not claim it doesn't need more lol. There's always more than enough room for improvements and additions in video games, especially in a mmorpg.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude

Sounds like a Battle Meditation party/operations buff and enemy debuff, read the details of Battle Meditation from the link.

If it was ever implemented in the game. It would be like Blood Lust.

Makes more sense than the Sentinel's Inspiration anyway.

If it was ever implemented in the game. It would be like Blood Lust.

Makes more sense than the Sentinel's Inspiration anyway.

-----

Sounds like a Battle Meditation party/operations buff and enemy debuff, read the details of Battle Meditation from the link.

Well with Battle Meditation I doubt they'd put it in because it requires extensive concentration and if you break that concentration, it's over.

(Example: Path of Destruction, Lord Kaan uses Battle Meditation, although he is incredibly powerful it describes him struggling mightily with it.)

Well with Battle Meditation I doubt they'd put it in because it requires extensive concentration and if you break that concentration, it's over.

(Example: Path of Destruction, Lord Kaan uses Battle Meditation, although he is incredibly powerful it describes him struggling mightily with it.)

I'm sure there's a lesser form of Battle Meditation, you see plenty of lesser form force abilities in the Star Wars history. For example, there is a lesser form of the shield's that Jedi use (in-game it would translate to having a shield that doesn't last as long or absorb as much damage). I suppose a lesser form would kind of act like a Blood lust though lol, makes sense.

Edited by Seeiphiel

Look up the Revan series books, play KOTOR, and read the books about Luke Skywalker in the "New Jedi Order" and/or play the game Star Wars: Jedi Academy.

Do not claim it doesn't need more lol. There's always more than enough room for improvements and additions in video games, especially in a mmorpg.

-Which powers on that list came from the Revan Series again? Is the Academy game considered canon?

-Yes we could have more buttons to push. Equalling more powers. With many complaining of a lack of toolbar space... would it even be worth all the trouble? We currently have a good crop of functional powers that are well balanced for a release. Adding more and balancing them, JUST to have them? Is it really needed in this enviroment with all we have?

An MMORPG could have classes with 1000 abilities/powers each. When does it become redundant and overkill? When does it become un-needed and pure opulence? That is the real question here...

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude - quote/reply

They could do it like they did meditate in swg.

OOC only that way people wouldn't complain...wait, nevermind they will anyways.

In other games I've been able to fill up four rows of needed combat abilities (eq2 to name one). This game is a cinch to manage in that way. Could even make some abilities not an operational need but just for fun and to be for the players immersion.

nothing wrong with that.

Edited by MandraMoody

Force JUMP,...not force leap,....big big big difference. The ability to jump straight up really high. To me it's a game breaker not having that in the game. Getting to some datacrons would be easier so they would have to compensate somehow for that,...sure it could be worked out

Force SPEED...ability to run very fast for a short period

Force VISION,...the ability to see through walls. No end to the amount of Force powers they could add to this game....it's a game right? Last I heard it was

Edited by Jetsunz

Easy there, tiger. I am not a fan of pudding...

-Which powers on that list came from the Revan Series again? Is the Academy game considered canon?

-Yes we could have more buttons to push. Equalling more powers. With many complaining of a lack of toolbar space... would it even be worth all the trouble? We currently have a good crop of functional powers that are well balanced for a release. Adding more and balancing them, JUST to have them? Is it really needed in this enviroment with all we have?

An MMORPG could have classes with 1000 abilities/powers each. When does it become redundant and overkill? When does it become un-needed and pure opulence? That is the real question here...

(facepalm) I give up. Don't feel like holding your hand through it when you can simply...look into the history yourself, go for it tiger.

The list doesn't even have more than 20 Sith/Jedi force abilities.... Your exaggeration is redundant and unnecessary.

Edited by Seeiphiel

They could do it like they did meditate in swg.

OOC only that way people wouldn't complain...wait, nevermind they will anyways.

Add more, add none at all, or remove some already in the game. People will indeed still find something to complain about lmao.

Jetsunz - Force JUMP,...not force leap,....big big big difference. The ability to jump straight up really high. To me it's a game breaker not having that in the game. Getting to some datacrons would be easier so they would have to compensate somehow for that,...sure it could be worked out

Force SPEED...ability to run very fast for a short period

Force VISION,...the ability to see through walls. No end to the amount of Force powers they could add to this game....it's a game right? Last I heard it was

I've been thinking the same thing ever since I started player xD. Whatever happen to force jump :(. Yes, it is indeed a game, would be fun to have such entertaining and useful abilities.

Edited by Seeiphiel

Negate energy and Force absorb(BOTH prominent in the movies) are missing far as I've noticed...

Battle meditation is supposed to be rare and very hard to master. Bastila was treated as a gifted one in a million student just for being able to do it, so I guess not.

ps - Go play kotor kids... If you've never heard of Battle meditation you should be playing it before coming back here. =p

(facepalm) I give up. Don't feel like holding your hand through it when you can simply...look into the history yourself, tiger.

The list doesn't even have more than 20 Sith/Jedi force abilities.... Your exaggeration is redundant and unnecessary.

Well you certainly have a short amount of patience for debating anything of worth. I will give you that....

It was an arbitrary number pushed slightly to the extreme to fully look at the main reasoning of your initial post. I guess we see that 1000 is too much by your angry reply. I am gonna go out on a limb here and guess 20 was the number you were willing to concede instead to measure the area of this question? :rolleyes:

Edited by Uben

Negate energy and Force absorb(BOTH prominent in the movies) are missing far as I've noticed...

Battle meditation is supposed to be rare and very hard to master. Bastila was treated as a gifted one in a million student just for being able to do it, so I guess not.

ps - Go play kotor kids... If you've never heard of Battle meditation you should be playing it before coming back here. =p

Imo a lesser form of Battle meditation wouldn't be out of the question. Good ps advice lol.

Well you certainly have a short amount of patience for debating anything of worth. I will give you that....

It was an arbitrary number pushed slightly to the extreme to fully look at the main reasoning of your initial post. I guess we see that 1000 is too much by your angry reply. I am gonna go out on a limb here and guess 20 was the number you were willing to concede instead to measure the area of this question? :rolleyes:

Good god. (double facepalm)

Lots of Star Wars graphic novels and book history with many force abilities not seen in the movies and the video games. Master Satele Shan used Battle Meditation in the Battle for the Star Forge with Revan. In other words, they weren't made up. You don't actually need anything from mmorpgs...it's for entertainment purposes like any other video game, therefore it would be fun to add more abilities and easy to balance them.

I must have been the only one that noticed... YOu said satele shan used it with Revan... First of all Satele is a ****... second that would maker her 300+ years old. It was Bastila Shan that Used it.... Just saying

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.