Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Darth Jadus Bugged - Spoilers

ShakesMcQueen

I just specced my sniper with as many of the interrupt abilities as I had, and found this pretty straightforward, after failing a couple of times with the LOS issue.

It was annoying, but I quite enjoyed using my close quarters abilities for a change.

Everytime he started casting, I would interrupt, and then either use ambush for Explosive grenades, he soon went down

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would LOVE to finish this fight, but I keep logging in after every patch to see if the bug gone only to be crushed again. Isn't this the conclusion to Chapter 1?! This fight is getting less attention than trivial bugs.

The advice I got from customer service was to ask a friend to help. Seriously?!

I've been leveling alts, but I want my agent to be my main. So where's my legacy? Is the imperial agent population really so pathetic that they won't fix this issue for them?

You people that are pitching a fit do realize that sometimes higher-priority bugs go unfixed longer because they're harder to fix, right? It's entirely possible (probably, even) they're pushing out less important bug fixes not because they aren't working on this, but because they actually HAVE fixes for those bugs.

You people that are pitching a fit do realize that sometimes higher-priority bugs go unfixed longer because they're harder to fix, right? It's entirely possible (probably, even) they're pushing out less important bug fixes not because they aren't working on this, but because they actually HAVE fixes for those bugs.

The thing is though they tweaked the same quest in the Scoundrel class questline THE LIGHTSPRING, which is basically the same quest that teaches the player to use their interupts. They tweaked it in the last patch...

The Lightspring: The toughness of Vavarone Zare and Nariel Pridence has been decreased. This mission can no longer be failed.

Also if you notice they really did not try to make some elegant solution to the problem, instead they just made it so that there is no way to fail the mission, and if that is all they plan to do when things need fixing why isn't Defender of the Empire fixed like that as well?

LOL I'm glad someone else had this problem. It took me a solid hour and a half to finally kill him. I kept getting the message "Cannot See Target" as I engaged, and yet he was still doing damage to both me, and my companion.

What I did to complete it was find the one spot where I could "see" him, and stay put. If I stayed at that angle, I was able to damage him as I would normally.. but yes, it was a massive pain in the ***

As I was 2 levels low for this mission, I asked for some help from my guild and a level 50 Assassin tagged along to get it done. He bugged out every step of the fight and we had to hug him in order to do any damage to him.

While annoying, we got the job done. If one were to solo this at the appropriate level I can see quite easily how difficult this would be if not impossible.

Well I have no friends playing and not in a guild, upto Lord Jadus and have tried several times but cant kill him due to the bug. Used my companion to pull him off the platform but he zergs them down to fast. Guess this is the end of the story for me till BW fix it, which is taking a long time given once you get to this point you cant go any further.

I tried pulling him off the platform with my companion on passive and still no good. guess i'll have to waste alot of time pvping for a few levels and see if I can go back & punch him to death.

Very Dissapointed

Edited by NoxiousAlby

Tried this quest like 3 or 4 times, got frustrated, used fleet pass and went to Taris.

Completed all but story quests there, then returned, buried that bloody sith with all his minions along.

Runaround for LOS problem:

You can jump over the railings to left and right of the platform Jadus standing on. He's so arrogant so he refuses to pay attention to your movements. Thus you can flank him. Then use any AoE attack so he's going to aggro, then drop aggro to your companion.

How can I get someone to join me on this mission? I'm a 32 healing spec op and I've died several times so far. If I find someone where do I tell them to go? Do they have the same ship on their galaxy map?

To get someone to help you on a class quest you need to group with them and meet them at the airlock to your ship, so it is best to form your group at the Fleet. Then they can board your ship and go with you to the encounter.

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

Easy fight if you actually have learnt to interrupt, just pull him with Kaliyo to previous stairs and interrupt all heals and lightning blasts.

Yes, but it is impossble to interrupt when you continue to get the message "can't see target." That's the problem people here are having and the same problem I had when I did the fight weeks ago.

Frankly, I'm shocked that this bug is still in the game. For this to be such an important fight, how is it that this bug has been acknowledged yet not repaired? I made it through this fight by sheer persistence and luck.

Demerit, demerit, demerit!

This is total ******** that a bug like this persists for this long.

If it was some annoying stupid side quest where you could just abandon and move on that would be one thing, but having a bug of this magnitude on the penultimate stage of a class story is inexcusable.

This is total ******** that a bug like this persists for this long.

If it was some annoying stupid side quest where you could just abandon and move on that would be one thing, but having a bug of this magnitude on the penultimate stage of a class story is inexcusable.

I cancelled and will come back once they fix it. I agree this should have never made it as it's like having your an entire pillar of your game (the 4th one in this case) not working... imagine releasing this game and combat didn't work... but story line total stoppage is ok.... it doesn't make sense.

Easy fight if you actually have learnt to interrupt, just pull him with Kaliyo to previous stairs and interrupt all heals and lightning blasts.

pretty much this, except I used Vector instead. I found that DJ went for me no matter what tanking Kaliyo did so better off with the extra damage

Send Vector in to attack

Put Vector on passive asap so he'll run back to you

When DJ runs down the stairs to attack a retreating Vector unload on him so he runs to you

Set Vector to aggro

interrupt, interrupt, interrupt

Repeat x3

It was a VERY frustrating fight though, has to be said and it's surprising (or not tbh) that it's still like this, especially as it's the class series mission and not just some side quest.

Hello all,

We know encountering this issue is frustrating since it affects gameplay and completion of the quest-line. This is an issue we know about and according to the Known Issues thread in the Customer Service forum, it is on the list of high-priority issues.

This list of known issues was last updated on: January 26th, 2012

For the Imperial Agent Class mission “Defender of the Empire,” players may be unable to heal companions and may receive the error “Cannot see target” when attempting to defeat the final boss.

Workaround: Players must get very close to the boss for abilities to work as intended

The work around is a complete Joke for the snipper Advanced class.

Standing that close to an elite makes the fight incredibly difficult, he then uses knock backs or you use knock backs and once again get can not see target. YET he can still attack and damage you and your companion.

What gets worse is you have to defeat him 3 times and evey time this bug happens. If it is known why hasn't it been fixed. It took me 5 or 6 attempts to get him down and has completely ruined that part of the story for me by the end all I wanted was it to be over. Then you have us flying to the space station then back to the captial and then on.

Why this hasn't been fixed by now needs to be explained and something done to assist all the people that either have had their story halted till they can get help to get through the quest or struggled through. At no point should the people responsible for a major quest bug like this to go untreated like this get to just shrug it off. And as for work arounds thats just pathetic if its all that can be done then Jadus should be changed to a 1hp weak untill it is fixed.

The work around is a complete Joke for the snipper Advanced class.

Standing that close to an elite makes the fight incredibly difficult, he then uses knock backs or you use knock backs and once again get can not see target. YET he can still attack and damage you and your companion.

What gets worse is you have to defeat him 3 times and evey time this bug happens. If it is known why hasn't it been fixed. It took me 5 or 6 attempts to get him down and has completely ruined that part of the story for me by the end all I wanted was it to be over. Then you have us flying to the space station then back to the captial and then on.

Why this hasn't been fixed by now needs to be explained and something done to assist all the people that either have had their story halted till they can get help to get through the quest or struggled through. At no point should the people responsible for a major quest bug like this to go untreated like this get to just shrug it off. And as for work arounds thats just pathetic if its all that can be done then Jadus should be changed to a 1hp weak untill it is fixed.

Bold part is what is most damning about this bug.

The IA story is very engaging and highly suspenseful up to this point, then instead of an epic fight to finish this chapter, you spend an inordinate amount of time trying to find and use various work-arounds for buggy code, completly ruining any sense of emersion with the story and making it one huge epic fail on Bioware's part.

Edited by DawnAskham

I finally found a player who was really nice and helped me tackle this quest, and I have to say the story gets so freakin' amazing after this quest that it really is a shame that apparently a lot of players are getting stuck here in their class quest line.

I have pretty much finished all of the sides on Taris and could still not take DJ down, anyway then I started chatting with a level 50 Sorcerer on the Fleet and he offered to come help me with Jadus.

Thanks again for the help, Arok :)

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

The thing is though they tweaked the same quest in the Scoundrel class questline THE LIGHTSPRING, which is basically the same quest that teaches the player to use their interupts. They tweaked it in the last patch...

The Lightspring: The toughness of Vavarone Zare and Nariel Pridence has been decreased. This mission can no longer be failed.

Also if you notice they really did not try to make some elegant solution to the problem, instead they just made it so that there is no way to fail the mission, and if that is all they plan to do when things need fixing why isn't Defender of the Empire fixed like that as well?

sad part is lightsrping didnt need adjusting as it was not bugged, people just refused to use any form of tactics

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.