Qui-Gon Jinn

TheLonelyTusken

Does anyone else think the Jinn Meister shouldnt have died in The Phantom Menace?

I think that if they extended his life to maybe episode 2 where he dies to his old master Dooku would be much cooler and resonate more emotionally.

I don't know, I just think the movie didn't do him justice being beaten by a Sith that was younger than Obi-Wan, his padawan, at the time, considering most places that mention say he was very powerful.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

Absolutely, Neeson what probably one of the most talented actors to grace the Star Wars stage.

I think it would much better if Qui-Gon would have been significantly injured in the Maul fight (maybe wheel chair bound), so much so he could not apprentice Anakin, but instead be mentor/father figure, like how Anakin consults Yoda about his dreams, he should have been consulting Qui-Gon. Perhaps Qui-Gon could have been on the council, as the "living force" consult.

Instead of Anakin slicing down younglings in the council chambers (which I think was over the top), Qui-Gon could have confronted him there, and then finally Anakin striking a defenseless Qui-Gon down, disappearing into a Force Ghost.

Thats my take.

Absolutely, Neeson what probably one of the most talented actors to grace the Star Wars stage.

I think it would much better if Qui-Gon would have been significantly injured in the Maul fight (maybe wheel chair bound), so much so he could not apprentice Anakin, but instead be mentor/father figure, like how Anakin consults Yoda about his dreams, he should have been consulting Qui-Gon. Perhaps Qui-Gon could have been on the council, as the "living force" consult.

Instead of Anakin slicing down younglings in the council chambers (which I think was over the top), Qui-Gon could have confronted him there, and then finally Anakin striking a defenseless Qui-Gon down, disappearing into a Force Ghost.

Thats my take.

Ah, I like that one, it would not only express Anakin's fall to the dark side more, but also break the brotherhood between Obi Wan and Anakin in a much larger way.

Although a wheelchair would be sort of inconvenient and strange around all the flying seat pads and prosthetic limbs...

Still good idea :p

As much as I love Qui-Gon, I think his death is a very important part of the plot. With that moment, Anakin's fall is set into motion.

But Anakin wasn't even a padawan when Qui-Gon died, how could he have begun falling?

He didn't really have much effect on why Anakin turned, that was mainly Padme, the order going against his thoughts and his mother dieing without him being able to prevent it.

I liked the character and I like Liam Neeson so I of course would have liked to see him stick around for episode 2.

The problem with that though is that from a story perspective Obi would never have become Anakin's master, he would have gone off and got his own padawan while Qui-Gon would have kept training Anakin. The relationship between Anakin and Obi was central to episodes 2, 3 and 4 and if Qui-Gon had stayed around that relationship would never have developed.

biggest plot hole in movie making history. droidicas show up, and obi and qui gon run so fast the make 100 meter dash runners seem like they are standing still. Yet when the forcefields drop, obi cant make it into the room at the same time with qui gon....really.....*insert favorite meme face here* TROLOLOLOL Edited by mothermoy

biggest plot hole in movie making history. droidicas show up, and obi and qui gon run so fast the make 100 meter dash runners seem like they are standing still. Yet when the forcefields drop, obi cant make it into the room at the same time with qui gon....really.....*insert favorite meme face here* TROLOLOLOL

nah biggest plot hole is Saving Private Ryan. It starts with an old man in a graveyard zooms into his eye then pulls out on Tom Hanks in the D Day invasion.

The movie ends with it being Private Ryan at the graveyard who was never at Normandy Beach for the invasion.

Maul had to at least kill one of them... Only way the could make Obi Wan killing one of the strongest sith assassins ever in a lightsaber duel even the least bit plauseable. I think Obi Wan should have died Qui-Gon apprentice Anakin tbh.

nah biggest plot hole is Saving Private Ryan. It starts with an old man in a graveyard zooms into his eye then pulls out on Tom Hanks in the D Day invasion.

The movie ends with it being Private Ryan at the graveyard who was never at Normandy Beach for the invasion.

thats not a plot hole. the movie really wasnt about private ryan, but about tom hanks and his unit, and thier quest to find ryan. DDay was to establish character for hanks and his unit. Completely forgetting to use his force run, so thay can 2v1 maul biggest plot hole EVAR

I think Liam Neeson should have passed on the Gray.

but in the SW world, Qui Gon was cool, but So was Maul, Jango, and Boba; but Lucas likes to Kill off the cool characters and squeeze out characters like Jar Jar.

The Prequels would have been a lot better if a lot of things were changed, but I doubt Anakin would have fallen to the dark side if Qui Gon hadn't been killed because Anakin then put his trust in Palpatine as a father figure. and Qui Gon would have been able to guide Anakin a lot better than Obiwan.

biggest plot hole in movie making history. droidicas show up, and obi and qui gon run so fast the make 100 meter dash runners seem like they are standing still. Yet when the forcefields drop, obi cant make it into the room at the same time with qui gon....really.....*insert favorite meme face here* TROLOLOLOL

Obi was out of Force, duh.

liam neeson was way too talented for the character he played in phantom menace. as much as i would have liked to see him possibly get a better/expanded/good role (unlikely) i think he had to die because the character was that bad.

Qui-Gon Jinn is an integral character as written (i.e. the first Jedi to truly understand how to pass into the Living Force i.e. become a Force specter). Unfortunately, his relevance has been completely written out by other authors since.

Liam Neeson is a very good actor, but Qui-Gon Jinn was one of the best performances of his career. Let it be.

Dude, have you seen the cooldown timer on forcerun? In rl it's like 3 months...:cool:

• 2 months later...

He was one of the few Jedi of the Old Order who deserves much more respect than he got, (besides Vergere) The Old Order was corrupt and an overall failure. They were too dogmatic and too rigid to react to the Sith threat.

I hope he didn't die, because I think he'd have done a much better job at training Anakin.