why are people trying to pay me for help and think im wanting money from them?

hargrave

I dont know if this is some WOW thing or another mmo thing brought here or something but everytime someone has asked me for help or i heal them im asked how much do u want for your help? When i explain no money needed they seem to take offense or want to pay me to spend the day doing stuff for them? lol i was also trying to make a server ts3 and all i heard was how much does this cost and your not getting my credit card? lol are their gold farmers doing this is in game or something it seems so odd that most the people on my server anyways expect me to be payed for helping them. Credits will not do fine here my friend geesh.

I have not encountered this at all. lol And I am not sure how I would feel about it in your shoes either. I've not seen one gold farmer but I have heard they exists. What sorts of things were they offering you money for? Do you mean actual dollars or just in game credits?

mostly to do class quest bosses and flashpoints to which u need 4 people and the one guy i helped was trying to do a flashpoint that he was 4 levels under and he was offering me 30k and i said no we can try but i explained what hes trying to do and how hard and b/c i was on healer toon he just saying oh we can fly through it and all this lol i said your not gonna get much xp from it your better off getting 4 people your level to go.

I was just doing my inq class quest and the guy just tryed to pay me to i notice people even advertising will pay to do this and that just kinda bums me out and makes me wonder if gold farmer douches are doing this to get toons up or something lol

I don't know about the being offended part, that just sounds pedantic - but I was given help out of the blue by strangers in game who were just all around nice people (on the Imperial side no less!) and I wanted to give something back. It's sort of a way to say thank you that effects their gameplay as well.

Some refused, and I accepted that, and others accepted the offer graciously. It's a win/win to at LEAST offer something for their troubles.

I dont know if this is some WOW thing or another mmo thing brought here or something but everytime someone has asked me for help or i heal them im asked how much do u want for your help? When i explain no money needed they seem to take offense or want to pay me to spend the day doing stuff for them? lol i was also trying to make a server ts3 and all i heard was how much does this cost and your not getting my credit card? lol are their gold farmers doing this is in game or something it seems so odd that most the people on my server anyways expect me to be payed for helping them. Credits will not do fine here my friend geesh.

lol

I've had people offer to pay me to heal for them. Sadly though when I ask how much it's ususally some pathetic amount and I just end up telling them to keep it and go help them anyways out of pity.

So I don't really end up making much money :(

In the past in other games, and yes wow is one example, paying someone to help claer content has become quite common. Often players with very little time wishing to get a heroic quest, flashpoint, or a difficult class quest boss out of the way would offer gold/credits as an incentive to some players to get immediate help rather than posting in the LFG channel which could take 10min - hours.

Where this sort of "hire a helper" got out of hand was when much sort after classes such as tanks started charging upfront to help groups get instant queue's for flashpoint/instances.

Or are people just THAT desperate for groups now? I don't know what is up.

It's more the rewards, the orange modable gear is sought after. If you cant find a group to run heroic quests or flashpoints people will pay for help to access the gear. In Wow top raiding guilds would sell runs through the latest raids to a single individual, allowing that player access to the latest drops.

Dont be suprised at the lengths players will go to in order to gear their characters if they feel the content is inaccessable to them. Most players dont care how they achieve gear progression as long as they do.

you mean gear whores lol. I used to try to run a ts3 community server on here but i got the same thing about that were people in wow using ts3's to run scams or something? i cant convince people its free so i jus gave up with it.

The real issue is no group finder tool which will probably be anounced as a coming soon item lolz.

Yeah i have been offered to pay to heal but my maruader seems to get the most offers which i found odd.

you mean gear whores lol. I used to try to run a ts3 community server on here but i got the same thing about that were people in wow using ts3's to run scams or something? i cant convince people its free so i jus gave up with it.

The real issue is no group finder tool which will probably be anounced as a coming soon item lolz.

Yeah i have been offered to pay to heal but my maruader seems to get the most offers which i found odd.

People pay you to, basically, run them through content. The last time I saw that was WoW where it wasn't uncommon, from my understanding.

Maybe your character looks like a Ferengi or Hutt?:D