NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

I just discovered the website Guild Wars 2 Guru and went through all the information the guys collected from Guild Wars 2 so far. In terms of features and how cool those features are, I think GW2 tops SW: TOR in every way. This game has potential, but damn GW2 will be launching with **** load of features when compared to what this game launched with. Kind of scary when compared to this game, feature wise. Bioware need to step it up. That's just what I think.

GW2 looks mindblowing idd,but a lot of ppl are fed up with elves and trolls

I am one of them ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very few SWG fans cam here to begin with most of the are playing the EMU and are quite happy with that, The biggest demographic SWTOR has is disenchanted casual players from WoW who are sick of Raid or Die followed by KOTOR CRPG fans. What people fail to understand is the amount of current subscribers who are not happy is small.

I get that many think that with all the crying on the forums that isn't true; but if you take the most viewed thread and you divide by the number of subscribers you would see that in the grand scheme of things hardly anyone bothers with the forums. The complaints are relativity small the buzz for this game is still huge; that doesn't translate to the mass exodus that the hate machine has been waiting for, they were wrong when they predicted 3/4 sub loss at the first month they are wrong now.

But time will tell who is right.

myself and my 5 real life mates who used to play SWG play Tor ?

Not even going to start. Full of googled ******** supported by a 'I get paid six figures' stereotype.

I'll make a six figure educated guess that you're still in your first year of community college, rehashing some textbook content you just had to study for your terms.

But hey, six figures right.

Nice. You don't seem like a troll so why don't I tell you the color inside of the elevators at the Alliance Bernstein building on 54th and 6th (one of our clients, Fortress, is located on the 20th floor there) are: Gold (well, a bit faded now). Or the price of a chicken over rice across the Hilton on 53rd and 6th where my team would have "summer intern" lunches ($5 during lunchtime, $6 during dinnertime) after the recession (before our budget was unlimited and would eat at Jean Georges or La Bernandin right around the corner). Hrm...it takes about 4 minutes to walk from the Hilton to Barclays on 49th and 7th..and a further 5 minutes to walk to 8th avenue to Morgan Stanley's offices (the one with the cigar shop in the main lobby, not the old building on 5th ave). Walk another 7 minutes to 42nd and you're at Skadden Arps offices (inside the Conde Nast building, which houses Vogue magazine and all their models, so yes, I tried to have lunch there with Skadden attorneys as much as possible). Yes, I worked in mid-town (where all the investment banks are), not "Wall Street", which really only has...some trading units oh and Goldman and some Citi operations. Back offices (you know, where they keep the HR/PR/IT and compliance folks) are located across the river in Jersey City. And yes, I learned most of what I wrote when I was pretending to pay attention in business school. A long time ago.

Good luck getting a job in finance. It's a brutal market - http://dealbreaker.com/2012/01/bob-diamond-has-the-home-phone-numbers-of-100000-kids-who-will-take-your-job-for-half-the-pay-just-something-to-keep-in-mind/

Edited by iheartnyc

Nice. You don't seem like a troll so why don't I tell you the color inside of the elevators at the Alliance Bernstein building on 54th and 6th (one of our clients, Fortress, is located on the 20th floor there) are: Gold (well, a bit faded now). Or the price of a chicken over rice across the Hilton on 53rd and 6th where my team would have "summer intern" lunches ($5 during lunchtime, $6 during dinnertime) after the recession (before our budget was unlimited and would eat at Jean Georges or La Bernandin right around the corner). Hrm...it takes about 4 minutes to walk from the Hilton to Barclays on 49th and 7th..and a further 5 minutes to walk to 8th avenue to Morgan Stanley's offices (the one with the cigar shop in the main lobby, not the old building on 5th ave). Walk another 7 minutes to 42nd and you're at Skadden Arps offices (inside the Conde Nast building, which houses Vogue magazine and all their models, so yes, I tried to have lunch there with Skadden attorneys as much as possible). Yes, I worked in mid-town (where all the investment banks are), not "Wall Street", which really only has...some trading units oh and Goldman and some Citi operations. Back offices (you know, where they keep the HR/PR/IT and compliance folks) are located across the river in Jersey City. And yes, I learned most of what I wrote when I was pretending to pay attention in business school. A long time ago.

Good luck getting a job in finance. It's a brutal market - http://dealbreaker.com/2012/01/bob-diamond-has-the-home-phone-numbers-of-100000-kids-who-will-take-your-job-for-half-the-pay-just-something-to-keep-in-mind/

Google maps is cool. Especially with all those satellite images and stuff.

At 2 million copies sold (2 x 60) = 120 million recouped out of total all-in costs of 150-200 million. Mostly recouped costs in 1 month = STELLER business model for any company. A similar tech or commercial real estate project may take 5-15 years to recoup costs (which is why the costs of such projects are amortized over time for the tax and accounting benefit).

You should probably realize then that EA/BW isn't getting 100% of that $60 per unit, and that's it's not all profit even if they were.

I'm sure EA/BW will still recoup their investment and then some, even when the subs drop drastically in the next few months.

1.5m or so. I don't think this game's going to grow excessively from this point onward unless there's a real attempt to overhaul some areas, but I don't see this as a sinking ship either as it appeals to a certain type of player who are relatively content.

I just discovered the website Guild Wars 2 Guru and went through all the information the guys collected from Guild Wars 2 so far. In terms of features and how cool those features are, I think GW2 tops SW: TOR in every way. This game has potential, but damn GW2 will be launching with **** load of features when compared to what this game launched with. Kind of scary when compared to this game, feature wise. Bioware need to step it up. That's just what I think.

lol, so much and no subscription fee....I wonder if there is something else behind that besides the fact the first one didn't have a fee...

My rough estimate is 2.5M Active Subscribers

What's yours?:p

Seeing how the population seems to be declining compared to launch, it will be less and not more. But then again only BW/EA know the true numbers.

Compared to a month ago my server "Crucible Pits" had 300+ in the fleet at prime time, but now it is down to 150 at prime time. That is a huge loss. If BW does not come out with something to keep peoples interest, EA will pull the funding for sure. Then we got Warhammer all over again.

FYI I do enjoy the game and plan to keep playing. I am not a hater, just stating what I am seeing.

Subs will go up and stay that way if:

-They optimize the code of the engine so it doesn't play awful even on buff systems

-Allow for user based mods to be made/used

-Keep content fresh with new flashpoints and raids and not just new daily quest hubs

-LFG tool (server side only) so peeps can experience all the dungeons they missed while leveling

Oh no, you're absolutely wrong. 3.5 Million is indeed Earth shattering. Beyond Earth Shattering. On it's way to "What?" status. 1.7 Million - is a Big deal. HUGE deal. WoW is a freakish anomaly as far as Subs go.

EQ1 Expected 40k - got 400k GIGANTIC DEAL.

EQ2 expected 500k - Got 750k. See above.

WoW = TWELVE MILLION TOTAL = "Lolwut how'd that happen."

The casual crowd fuels WoW, the Casual crowd will Fuel SWTOR. You guys are good.

Only issue is, this game cost oodles and oodles and tons and tons more than every other mmo.

how many do wow have outside asia?