How exactly does Ilum pvp work? (re: valor, dailies, etc.)

vonklaun

Hey guys, after searching for explanations, and finding very little, I come to my more wisened brothers:

I've been at 50 for about 2 weeks, and as soon as I hit 50- it turned into a frustrating, boring half-game where whole days went by where I didn't meet my daily, I'm on Bastion btw, and I'd really like to be competitive and get some pvp gear.

So: on Ilum- hoe does valor work in terms of the mechanics of the assaults/bases? For example- let's say I jet over to Ilum and find it barely populated; can I earn valor just by capturing assaults/bases?

Also- are there any pvp practices I could be using to maximize my progress?

Is 'outlaw's Den' a total waste of time?

I've been spamming alts due to this situation, kindly help me out :)

Ilum is the reason WoW didn't launch with battle grounds.

Its not something you can just tac on to your game. And its obvious this turd was slapped on right at the very end.

Ilum is not even 1/10th as good as Alterac Valley.

Ilum is some of the worst "PvP" i've ever seen in an MMO.

You go to the central area and let the other team kill you, return and the other team lets you kill them. They return and kill you. rinse and repeat.

Level 60 valor in under a week.

Krom makes a lot of good points. I wish they would have done things differently, but oh well.

Edited by EcGBorn

You go to the central area and let the other team kill you, return and the other team lets you kill them. They return and kill you. rinse and repeat.

Krom makes a lot of good points. I wish they would have done things differently, but oh well.

The server I play on has no Warzones at all starting up this evening, where's all the level 50 pvpers?

On Ilum?

There they are! fighting for their faction! oh wait...just a huge Reb team bunching up in a ball letting the Imps aoe em to death, rezing, running back, then doing the same to the Imps. Rinse, repeat. Truly pathetic imo of Bioware to develop such a lame system.

Wait- is that really what people are doing now? I ask because I haven't picked up on anythng like that from Imperial/Ops chat while on Ilum. (forgive my naivete)

Since they're gonna have to fix pvp eventually, I don't care how I snag my valor, I just wanna be geared-out by the time they do.