The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech Tank stats question...

Olvera

Right now Im lvl 50 and am slowly crafting very good lvl 49-50 gear meant for tanking. Pretty much all my crafted gear has augment slots in em. Im wondering if I should start putting damage augments instead of tanking augments into those slots. For everyone to better decide. This is where I stand on the important stats:

Aim: 945

End: 1233

Acc: 94.78%

Armor Rating: 7176

Damage Reduction: 48.92%

Defense Chance: 15.59% unbuffed 20.29% relic buff

Shield: 40.15% unbuffed 46.71% relic buff

Aborption: 35.05% unbuffed 45.76% relic buff

So are these stats high enough so that I can start throwing in +Aim and/or +Power augments?

I think the goal to aim for is 45% shielding and absorb or as close to that as you can get, then start dumping stats into defense. Your stats seem pretty low at the moment to be thinking about dps augments. You should probably go for +absorbtion augs instead. Shielding > Absorb > Def.

There was a good post a while back talking about stacking a bit of surge if you're having threat issues, but tbh I think for most players that = a poor rotation/heat management anyway. If your dps don't greatly outgear you, there's no need to worry about dps stats.

If you have a lot of time on your hands, you could use the spreadsheet thread on these forums to really maximize, but for 50 hard mode FP's there's really no need to even do that.

TLDR. Shielding > Abs > Def. Don't worry about dps stats with your current gear.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Depends on your gear but usually absorb is gonna be more effective for you overall than shield. Sounds weird but it checks out. Find MM's spreadsheet thread and give it a shot.

Yea, stack as much absorb as you can. In general;

Absorb > Defense > Shield Rating

You get so much Shield Chance innately from skills and IGC along with what you're getting on your gear that you shouldn't use an augment slot for Shield Rating. If you weren't already aware; 28 Shield Rating and 28 Absorb will not give you the same % increase per stat. Until you get it really, really high and start hitting the DR Absorb scales much higher per point than Shield Rating.

Edited by MaxDeeps

Ultimetly, in PvP, these stats won't matter, expertise negates everything, so go Pyrotech or some hybrid of Pyrotech because your life expectancy in PvP will be about 10-20 seconds at best.......

We weren't talking about pvp. Besides my sorc and merc are my pvp chars. 1 button bashing ftw.

Right now Im lvl 50 and am slowly crafting very good lvl 49-50 gear meant for tanking. Pretty much all my crafted gear has augment slots in em. Im wondering if I should start putting damage augments instead of tanking augments into those slots. For everyone to better decide. This is where I stand on the important stats:

Aim: 945

End: 1233

Acc: 94.78%

Armor Rating: 7176

Damage Reduction: 48.92%

Defense Chance: 15.59% unbuffed 20.29% relic buff

Shield: 40.15% unbuffed 46.71% relic buff

Aborption: 35.05% unbuffed 45.76% relic buff

So are these stats high enough so that I can start throwing in +Aim and/or +Power augments?

You have a long way to go until damage augments go in, if ever. If you plan being 100% dedicated tank, you need to dump everything into shield+absorb. I have 1750 endurace, 1300 aim. 8100 AR, 52% damage reduction, 12 defense (useless), 45/45 on shields.