Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you guys please look into adding more functionality to the mail system to allow us to send messages to multiple people at once (even if it is just guild only or people on our friendlist) ?

It is very difficult in game to be able to organise an operation with friends across multiple guilds, could you look into creating something like an invite item or something that you can send to people and it'll be a holo message for them to view next time they log on?

In fact being able to send preset holo messages might be a really good feature that is unique to star wars.

Secondly, for the UI upgrade coming in the next patch, is it possible if you could make buffs and DEBUFFS more visible and customisable? It is extremely frustrating in flashpoints and operations when you have mechanics based off debuffs and cleansing them off quickly that operation frames / personal frames the debuff icons are too small.

It is just some gameplay mechanic that isn't well done and isn't communicated to the user well enough that you gotta dispel it.

Do you intend to revise healer specs?

Espacally alacrity affecting energyreg and giving the agents/smugglers some real 2nd healing option? (20 energy + tactical advantage on a heal which is more expensive that the 0,5sec longer to cast heal with LESS affect?)

Any plans to implement better phasing technology in the open world. By this I mean something akin to the phasing technology that Blizzard introduced in the Lich King. Some of the quests that you complete give you the impression that you made a huge difference to a certain environment/place yet things still remain exactly the same taking away from the accomplishment.

Will anything be done so that the world around you reflects upon your actions rather than looking exactly the same when you visited as when you affected it and left it?

Thanks.

Are there plans to migrate low populated servers anytime soon or will there be a character transfer on it's way?

Some servers are currently in a bad shape and the patches seem to be focussed on high populated servers (Ex. Ilum change, it doesn't work on low pop servers at all).

Currently, Cross faction gear seems to be taboo. You can't see what it looks like in your schematic while crafting, and It doesn't show up on Hutt Cartel Trade Network.

What are your thoughts on cross faction gear, will be be able to equip it at some point in the future?

Edited by Grecanis

do u intend to bring to the game something for the guild members to sign up to organize a bit more the operations?(anything)

plz put some critical decisions(light/dark) in the raids/end game flashpoints too

Edited by nessafor

What kind of timeline is expected to expand the current character story lines into aditional chapters (with or without additional levels) or will that be handled in an expansion only style format?

Is dual spec even being considered for players? or altering advanced classes?

Are mods being considered? or just a combat log?

Customer retention will be a key issue in your marketing VS development meetings. Is there a planned emphasis for expanding content for level 50's and is that centered more on raiding, flashpoints, questing / daily quests, storyline content or additional options not offered in game yet? I understand all 4 will play a part but where can we expect to see the most content moving forward.

You have the ability to basically create anything anywhere in your MMO a luxury that many other games have not had due to their limited technology. Since ships / planets / flashpoints / operations can be made just about anywhere at any time, can we expect these to appear frequently )monthly / quarterly) moving forward.

A small note of appreciationf ro the developers. While this game has issues and some have been persistent. Overall the game has been a positive experience for most players. The fixing or minor bugs has been relatively prompt and so far the patches have not had any major unexpected effects or downtime.

Do you intend to implement a cross server group finder for heroics/warzones? If so when do you intend to do so?

By cross server group finder, I mean a function that enables one to find groups for heroic/ warzone instances that allows members from other servers to join, in order to increase the ease to find groups for heroics/warzones, for I understand that the Republic have a very hard time finding groups for heroics/ warzones due to low populations, and I as a sith player even have a hard time occasionally due to playing my server at low population times or lack of players on the planet that my characters currently could be on.

Future content:

With future content in mind, what are your plans for the class quest? Is there an expansion in the works already? Are there going to be release of new content with cut-scenes and more? Can you give any hints or info?

Edited by Guardious

I play an assassin, and the PTS build pretty much says that you don't want us to use hybrid specs; Why are you taking this route to minimize hybrid specs (by limiting certain moves to certain stances) instead of making end-of-tree abilities more attractive.

Are there any plans to support or allow user-made UI mods/addons, or UI layouts?

The previewed changes look interesting, but I'm wondering if there will be more than color, opacity, and placement changes available. Specifically, it would be nice to be able to alter the borders and that sort of thing (I prefer minimal HUD etc)

DPS specced Sith Jugernauts /Jedi Guardians are widely regarded as having inferior dps in PvE and raid utility compared to other damage dealing advanced classes in the game. What are your plans, if any, to address these issues to bring SJ/JKs' damage output and raid utlity more in line with the other classes?

What factors do affect Reverse Engineering odds of obtaining an improved schematic? Any chance you can show the rolls' results so we can see the odds? When I have to R.E. over a 100 green items to get a blue schematic I can't help but to think the system is bugged.