Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans to tweak the current setup of 8/16 man raids - either by increasing the difficulty of 8 mans to put them in line with 16 (across all modes), or by having 16 mans drop more/better gear?

As it stands, why would anyone want to do a 16 man, when you can get more gear from running 2 8 mans (at an easier difficulty, no less)?

My question is about your open world PvP planet Illum. To me Illum should be a PvPers paradise, lots of objectives, quest, resources to battle over all while controlling and defending those resources which benefit your whole faction, it should be a zone where a PvPer would never want to leave yet in its current state all we do is farm our 30 kills, 150 for weeklys and move along to other things. It feels ALOT of space is being wasted.

What are your plans to enhance and improve the overall PvP experience on Illum?

This is about the Legacy system. I currently have 5 chars 4 of which are lvl 50 and the 5th is getting there my question is as such.

Once the legacy system comes in and we get options for new looks on char creation for specific races, (if they are in the legacy system) will we have a way of adding them and altering our chars looks with the new unlocked looks.

Or will we be restricted to only using them on new alts and if so will there be a way to add more character slots available to a server and restricting char creation on other servers.

Thanks.

Edited by Shingara

I am a Jedi Consular and would like to use an Electrostaff instead of a Lightsaber. Currently, many abilities require you to have a Lightsaber equipped to use the ability. I know this is probably not one of the questions that will be answered (and rightfully so) but I just wanted to get it out in the open.

Will snipers/gunslingers get a range advantage? 5ms doesnt seem to be an advantage on any pve or pvp scenario considering our DPS is not nigher than other DPS classes, just high alpha, technically, we have the lowest defense and comparable DPS to other DPS classes. I would recommend ATLEAST 40m of sniping distance at lvl 22-ish, because 35m is not a sniper, thats a marksman, heck I would recommend 50m, but I think it may be a bit overboard. In PVP we die 1 vs 1 no matter who your fighting or what class your fighting if the level is equal unless we work way extra hard to win, I really would like to see extra range mostly because its fun, please consider it if possible! <3 Edited by ZeMomiji

Is there any plans to to give operatives more party support utility? Atm all of their specs seem to be one trick ponies and provide little to no utility to their group outside of just being a dps or healer. Other DPS and healing classes seem to bring more to the table.

Any chance of increasing the server population caps by at least fivefold?

I play on a "full" server, whose Chapter 3 planets are sparsely populated even during peak hours. For instance: Hoth, Belsavis or Voss with fewer than 30 players. Heroics & Flashpoints are frustrating to organize with such a small pool of players available.

This is my one question:

We all know the developers at BioWare are working hard at developing new content, but I would like to ask, how important is it for BioWare to add new game systems instead of reusing the ones currently in the game?

Edited by BOLTgamer