To save crafting we need item decay

Diazd

We already take durability hits on deaths and combat. We don't need item decay beyond that. Sure crafting can use some work but it's not that bad. If you don't like crafting now give it some time. Adding item decay is a bad idea.

As someone else said, I'd rather see crafting totally removed than deal with item decay.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crafting is essentially a business venture and as such to be successful a business that makes only indestructable items needs either a enormous ever increasing consumer base, or a constantly changing, new item inventory to sell. This is not even considering competion dynamics.

This is why i understand the decay argument, but i don't think the answer is either no decay or all decay but a combination of the two ideas.

This is just off the top of my head so don't jump on me if I create a loophole.

First off, the other professions need consumable items to sell. That would alleviate some of the feelings of endgame meaningless. Lets say they get rid of the repair at every npc vendor and have it only at the planet main city. Then they could give weapon and armor makers a consumable "repair droid" to craft that does the job the npcs used to do.

Of course the prices at the city npcs and the cost of making the item would have to be played with to insure profitability.

Then the could also make a "crafter only" non consumable (even though I'm against "non-consumable" consumables).

After that they could perhaps tweak the decay rate a bit and also consider making some...not all...some items decay to a point of non repair....perhaps belts and vambraces, or even craftable orange gear.

Again if that happened they would have to tweek the cost of those items to be cheaper for the consumer to replace and still allow the crafted a profit

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Why would I need anything from you if I can get better drops from operations, heroics and end game comm vendors?

Don;t you level alts? Alts have huge amounts of money to spend on gear. That's how I make crafting work for me, sell low end artifact mods/armouring for inquisitors/consulars. I can sell a lvl 27 item for 10k and it only takes me on average 20 mins to make each one if you include gathering items