Which spec for 50 PvP?

Kanshan

Problem with Watchman is that any decent tem you come up against will cleanse away your dots.

Watchman is better against scrubs, combat is better against pros.

EDIT: 99% of the player base are scrubs

That's a GCD not spent healing, letting your kick come back off cooldown. And unless they're extremely attentive, they'll rarely wipe all 3 stacks of OS. That's the beauty of only 6 second dots.

Not to mention they only wipe 2 debuffs at a time.

Edited by Apocalypse-

I have played all 3 specs, and Watchman and Focus are probably the two better ones. Combat just doesn't seem to have the burst OR the sustained damage of the other two.

The fun of being watchman....High sustained damage, most dont even cleanse your DoTs and other classes cant so they all eat them. Healing yourself with burn crits is awesome for 1v1, and decent sized merc slash crits.

The fun of being focus...high damage force sweeps and....some more high damage force sweeps. It's kind of a 1 trick pony and its frustrating when you miss with your sweep or knocked back mid sweep, but is really satisfying to crit 1-3 people around you for 4-5.5k damage (more fun when you crit a tank guarding a person and hit both so the tank takes like 8k damage.)

The fun of being combat.... The flow of your attacks seems smooth and the style with the roots and low cost constant attacks is nice. But the damage just isn't quite up to par, if you play all 3, you will just feel like you don't kill anything as fast as combat spec.

W Poorly played Combat > poorly played Watchman.

So wrong: poorly played Watchman > > > > poorly played Combat. Watchman is a really forgiving spec for newcomers by randomly spamming your dots and merciless slash in between you'll already be doing good DPS. It certainly easier then Combat that's for sure.

And yes I have played both. :)

i like combat alot for pvp, everything is fast (unless the stuttering of ability) and your blade storm kicks ***. my only problem with this are bugs, zen don't work and stuttering.

I agree here.

Combat PvP is flowing better imo.

And yes, bladestorm is awesome when you crit (which if you know what you are doing will be most of the time)

You need to be a bit of a pianist sometimes, but it's worth it.

I tried Focus and Watchman (though not for long) and saw that Watchman kicks *** in PvE.

I wasn't thrilled with focus, but it might have just been one of my seriously retarded days...:D

Have to try again sometime and stick with them for a while to get a better opinion though...

So wrong: poorly played Watchman > > > > poorly played Combat. Watchman is a really forgiving spec for newcomers by randomly spamming your dots and merciless slash in between you'll already be doing good DPS. It certainly easier then Combat that's for sure.

And yes I have played both. :)

Really? Combat is so bluntly straightforward. I've posted that ranking quite a few times and you're the first to disagree.

Really? Combat is so bluntly straightforward. I've posted that ranking quite a few times and you're the first to disagree.
Guess I'm the first one who read your post and actually played with both specs in end game (both raided and pvp). :)

The difference between Watchman and Combat is that Watchman is really forgiving if a Watchman player makes a mistake he'll have less optimized DPS if a Combat player makes a mistake he'll have a large DPS loss.

Guess I'm the first one who read your post and actually played with both specs in end game (both raided and pvp). :)

The difference between Watchman and Combat is that Watchman is really forgiving if a Watchman player makes a mistake he'll have less optimized DPS if a Combat player makes a mistake he'll have a large DPS loss.

Not talking about PvE, combat is actually viable there. In PvP, poorly playing Watchman is notably easier to do than poorly playing Combat. Two roots, a snare break, run speed boost, ect. just make Combat more... "idiot-proof" where the "poorly played" mark is actually higher than the "poorly played" mark of Watchman. Either way, if you're bad, only tree you're going to do decent in is Focus.

Again I disagree, watchman is not a harder spec to play, its much easier.

Over load saber affects your "next 3 successful attacks", where as in combat precision slash last for 6 seconds. Watchman has more interrupts, and an "idiot proof" (your words) force leap. Furthermore you don't have to stay on your target to continue doing damage to it (DoT), and you self heal.

There are countless threads on this forum of people talking about how they switched to watchman and now they are doing so much better. There is a reason for this, the same reason why the majority of Sentinels spec watchman: because it's easier to play, and it garners more success to un-skilled players.

I do however agree that focus is by far the easiest of the three specs.

Edited by LiveandDieinLA

.....There are countless threads on this forum of people talking about how they switched to watchman and now they are doing so much better. There is a reason for this, the same reason why the majority of Sentinels spec watchman: because it's easier to play, and it garners more success to un-skilled players...

It's people do better as Watchman because it's simply more effective than Combat, and most of the players man enough to admit their mistakes are not bad players (not necessarily good either, just not bad). There is nothing that Combat does better than Watchman outside of roots. Those two roots let players who are bad at melee classes in general perform far better than the constant motion required of Watchman.

However, the 0-range leap is exactly why Watchman punishes poor players more. Poor players will use it as a focus builder and then complain when they get knocked away. Or they'll take the 100% immune camo to be entirely a defensive cooldown. There's not a huge gap between poorly played Watchman and Combat compared to poorly played Focus.

I do find it amusing that we're debating slots 5&6, I assume that's agreement on 1-4?

Combat FTW, any good healer is just going to LOL at ur steady DOT damage

Did you not read EasymodeX's explanation on why Combat is LESS burst than watchman or focus? Even as a Sentinel myself I shrug off Ataru players in a 1v2/1v3, they're not a threat. Because while you can "burst" me down in 7-9 GCDs if you're lucky, if I'm lucky I can do it in 4 and walk away as you die. Watchman Dots are far from just being steady damage.

Edited by Apocalypse-