Vannila WoW vs SWTOR

Mortalha

welll my commador 64 is far better than your PC... why becuase my commador had a cassette and rainbow loading screens that made a static sound when it loaded...

see i can sound like a wow fanboy to...

wow was a great game before wrath, after that it went down hill and almost killed it self with Cata (1.7 million subs lost in 9 months lol)

i really do wish BW would take away forum rights if you stop your sub, becuase 99% of the trolls that have stopped playing are only here to troll and flame, just like this thread.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A month after release in vanilla WoW, there was also absolutely nothing to do.

UBRS maybe and farming people near Southshore, which I know a million people will claim was the greatest event ever, but it just wasn't.

^

this

Played WoW when it launched for the first free month then canceled. Was L50 after about 2 weeks and there was nothing do but 1 instance pretty much. Canceled and went back to playing EQ1 which had a gazillion times more content than WoW (and still does by the way).

TOR already has way more content than WoW had at launch...it could use a lot more sure, but anybody who says WoW was way better at launch either didn't play it at launch or is remembering wrong.

WoW had night and day.

Weather.

Music all the time.

Critters.

Mobs patrolling.

Critters. CRITTERS. Really, Morthalla? You miss critters badly enough to make them 3rd on your list?! Haha.

Luckily Vanilla WoW did NOT have music all the time. It would have been a terrible experience. MMORPGs and some continuous, neverending stream of musical score would be pretty depressing combination. Everybody would be sick of the score before trial runs out..regardless of quality of the music. (Exception that makes the rule: Eve Online. Awesome,calming ambinent space music, and several hours of it. )

Undeniably WoW has always had an awesome score though. Loads of excellent atmospheric semi ambinence. Bliz was also very tastefull when it comes to how often the said tracks were to play. Only Stormwind was bit of a fail in this regard. TOR on the other han has virtually no memorable music at all, other than those select very few moments we hear something by John Williams.

Vanilla WoW offered way more lively world as a whole. No question about it. You were always bound to run into your friends and enemies while doing your thing. In TOR, I lvld to 50 in one of the busiest PvP servers EU has. I found SOME PvP when I went looking for it.. but God knows it was never easy. Perhaps grand total of 10 encounters against enemy players between lvls 1 and 50. Some PvP server, haha.

In TOR, nobody EVER meets player of the opposing faction in a situation where both are just questing, or travelling, or doing their thing.It is always the case of other party having gone out their way to look for trouble. This is one of the factors that makes TOR feel a bit stale..and dead when it is in fact far from either.

Edited by Stradlin

No offense, but if I rolled an Alliance hunter, then rolled an Alliance paladin, only like three quests will be different in my leveling experience which kills any replay factor for me. There are no nuances in NPC interactions based on race in WoW either which kills replay factor too.

TOR at least has a minimum of two dialog options available for every NPC mission interaction that can affect how a quest is completed, LS/DS points, and affection levels of companions. 15% of the quests are class based (number taken from an old dev post), companions can offer up side missions to complete (and since every base class has unique companions as does each faction that gives you eight different options), you can level by questing, flashpoint, space missions, PvP, or exploration. In WoW you can level through farming mats (kill me now), dungeons (stay in a capitol and get XP!), PvP (what?! I forgot to turn off XP and now I'm too high for my bracket?! FML), exploration (DING! I flew over a zone and didn't have to risk combat or anything!).

WoW maybe a model T, but TOR isn't exactly a beat up rusted out Pinto either. Statistically speaking the people you know are such a small sample size that they are completely irrelevant to the game as a whole (also, half of what? two? six? twenty?)

If you want to roleplay in a world where story doesn't matter nor does it make sense, then sure, TOR isn't for you. If you want to play a game where one class will always under perform at end game vs all others (PvE or PvP) then yes, TOR isn't for you. Features and content will continuously be added to TOR just like it is in WoW, so if you can't wait what? two months for new content? Then no MMO is for you.

I'm not trying to defend WoW nor do i want to advertise for it. I'm just sick of the comparison with a 7 year old state of the game and the logic involved. The game genre evolved a lot. I didn't expect SW to bring tons of new ideas, but we could at least expect it to fulfill certain standards (which it does not at all).

LS/DS may be "new", but it doesn't have ANY impact at all on the story. The only place where it made a tiny difference was Es/BT. That seems to be the point where development pretty much stopped for that part, all following FPs are a mindless Trash-mob fest.

WoW may not have those 15% class-based quests, but it does have a lot more different zones and alternative routes. Say what you want about it, it is a LOT less on rails.

I know about 40 players from various games that started SW, with great hopes, almost all hopeless fanboys at start. They all stopped except for one. Sure, it may be a size that is dwarfed compared to their "official" player base, but it does show an alarming trend.

I for example am a big SW fan, not a WoW fanboy and really wanted to like this game. I tried hard :p But it simply isn't fun, sorry. And if i (as a die hard fan) cant stand to do most content twice.. well that says something.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but did Blizz not do similar to EQ?

And I fully acknowledge that I could be wrong as I never played EQ

Nope.

WoW was and still is a kiddy game compared to EQ a the time and in many ways now. It was way easy, even in vanilla version compared to EQ. It was also very different.

EQ was always PVE before PVP.. PVP was an afterthought. In WoW is a PVP game, with PVE coming as an almost afterthought. The PVE aspect in WOW is nothing but a method to get you to max level so you can PVP with other max levelers.. and yes PVP sucks donkey balls.

EQ had dragons, WoW did not at first...!

EQs gameplay and online speak defined MMO up till WoW release.. things like WOOT came from EQ. WoW changed that because of the kiddies. I find it highly frustrating having to explain myself when I say GTG in a group and people say "but we on last boss!".. FFS it means GOOD TO GO! not got to go, and always has meant good to go!

Wow introduced the easy MMO for casual players. You could log on WoW play 30 minutes and get something done. In EQ you needed more time to get things done and if you played a few hours a week then you would level up slowly and chances were you would not be max level by the time the next expansion came out. In WoW a few hours a week would easily get you a few levels and get you to max level in a couple of months even in vanilla. I knew players in Everquest who started in 1999 who were not max level in 2002, and that was 2+ expansions into the game...

Dungeons in EQ were actually hard and dangerous. In fact there was zones that Customer Support refused/were forbidden to assist players in.. Veeshans Peak. Camping named mobs aka Champions in WoW, was dangerous and getting there could take time. Dieing had huge consequences since you had to corpse run plus the lost experience. In WoW pay a few credits for repair and you were golden. There was simply no death penalty in WoW (or SWTOR).

EQ had 72 man raids at the time of WoW release.. WoW had next to no raids and was far less people. You have not raided for real if you have not raided with 72 individuals. Sadly that has been cut to 54 now in EQ.

EQ had no "add-ons".. well legal ones. No help, no damage meters in game, no questhelper and all that jazz. You actually had to read the text of the quest NPC and figure out what to do. It was not shown on a map.. hell there were no maps in game! (there is now of course).

EQ also had ironically far fewer quests than WoW.. well obvious quests (rumour has it that there are hundreds if not thousands of undiscovered quests still in Everquest.. ). You had to really look for quests, hailing each NPC as they did not then have "QUEST" stamped over their heads. You can say that WoW somewhat improved that part, but it can be debated.

And most importantly... EQ had/has an endgame.. WoW did not and does not (nor does SWTOR really since it copied WoW endgame). Once you hit max level in EQ, you had raids to gear up, or champions. You also had alternative advancement abilities aka AAs to improve your character and continue to kill mobs and do quests and so on. And rare in EQ meant/means rare... just ask those Monks camping Raster for their epic piece .. In WoW you did dailies, maybe a few heroics or a raid and then you could log off till everything reset... same for SWTOR btw. Nothing really wants you to stay in the game after you done your "daily" stuff.

Basically WoW took players from EQ (and dragons) but very little else. EQ has since taken quite a lot from WoW and implemented, dumbing it down just like WoW, although it is a far bigger challenge raid wise and group wise than WoW will ever be.. not to mention a far far far larger game zone wise. Yes there are load times in EQ.. get over it, it is a 12 year old game after all.

Oh lawd i remember the uproar on the wow forums, funny if you look at the tech support forum from that time and then check swtor's tech forum AMGAD THE SIMILARITY! SCARY!

It's just funny to see how many of the so claimed vanilla players know about the initial release of WoW, because it was down right horrible, but the so claimed vanilla players didnt join before end of vanilla, start of BC.

And rightly so, I actually quit WoW 2 months after release and re-sub'd a little bit before BC. WoW's release was horrible, un-playable and just not fun for me. BC was enjoyable but only because of friends in the guild, towards the end WotLK it started to feel like a 2nd job with all the b.s. elitest bs and I un-subbed again.

I have gotten more "entertainment" out of TOR for the past month then I did with WoW and for me that's a huge plus.

Edited by pzljug

A month after release in vanilla WoW, there was also absolutely nothing to do.

UBRS maybe and farming people near Southshore, which I know a million people will claim was the greatest event ever, but it just wasn't.

SS vs Tarren was a blast, but even SWG had world pvp better than this, with player cities and guild bases to attack and defend. Not everything WoW did at the start was way better than what was before it, (crafting was another thing SWG did much much better) but they were better where it counted...leveling experience and content. Thats how they pulled people in, many of which were MMO virgins and had no idea what other MMOs were better at.

And rightly so, I actually quit WoW 2 months after release and re-sub'd a little bit before BC. WoW's release was horrible, un-playable and just not fun for me. BC was enjoyable but only because of friends in the guild, towards the end WotLK it started to fel like a 2nd job with all the b.s. elitest bs and I un-subbed again.

I have gotten more "entertainment" out of TOR for the past month then I did with WoW and for me that's a huge plus.

We're very similar in experience. WoW sub from day 3, on Mannoroth server, coming over from SWG with most of my guild at that time. Started a druid, most broken class at launch and stuck with it until May 2005, and ****canned WoW only to come back for TBC. Man I loved TBC.

If I had the attitude of many haters, I would never have played am mmo because they all were weak at launch.

Edited by Aleryan

I'm not trying to defend WoW nor do i want to advertise for it. I'm just sick of the comparison with a 7 year old state of the game and the logic involved. The game genre evolved a lot. I didn't expect SW to bring tons of new ideas, but we could at least expect it to fulfill certain standards (which it does not at all).

LS/DS may be "new", but it doesn't have ANY impact at all on the story. The only place where it made a tiny difference was Es/BT. That seems to be the point where development pretty much stopped for that part, all following FPs are a mindless Trash-mob fest.

WoW may not have those 15% class-based quests, but it does have a lot more different zones and alternative routes. Say what you want about it, it is a LOT less on rails.

I know about 40 players from various games that started SW, with great hopes, almost all hopeless fanboys at start. They all stopped except for one. Sure, it may be a size that is dwarfed compared to their "official" player base, but it does show an alarming trend.

I for example am a big SW fan, not a WoW fanboy and really wanted to like this game. I tried hard :p But it simply isn't fun, sorry. And if i (as a die hard fan) cant stand to do most content twice.. well that says something.

It does though, perhaps the overall direction of the story doesn't change (but really, in an MMO that would be amazingly difficult to pull off and it's not so drastically worse from the original KOTOR games to really rag on TOR for it unless you complained about KOTOR too) but how your character handles the story does, the dialog does and often times the quests themselves do (there are many quests that I've found that if you go LS during a conversation with an NPC you're basically done while DS has to go through and kill a ton of stuff).

And WoW may have many alternate paths now, but back in the day this wasn't the case. Sure they *existed*, but so many of them were bugged or offered such poor quests, etc that no one ever went there. Now it's not so bad, but that took WoW almost seven years to figure out, and even then it was mostly done by completely remaking the world in Cataclysm which was an awful expansion overall.

It sounds to me like you and your friends never really gave the game a chance, you picked a path that you liked and stuck with it on alts if you even rolled alts at all. I've got four toons lvl 30+ with one close to 50 and the game experience has been radically different on all of them save my assassin and sorceror (both madness spec, both DS, same class quests/companions) because I tried completely different ways of playing them.

If you don't bother trying to immerse yourself in the story and your character then yes, it can be a space bar spamming face roll snooze fest of a game. But if you're playing that way then this game wasn't designed with you in mind.

Also, just as a side note; 39/40 is much more than half. The difference between your first post and this makes me think you're pulling numbers out of your *** to try to troll the forums. I could be wrong, but that's the impression you're putting out there.

We're very similar in experience. WoW sub from day 3, on Mannoroth server, coming over from SWG with most of my guild at that time. Started a druid, most broken class at launch and stuck with it until May 2005, and ****canned WoW only to come back for TBC. Man I loved TBC.

If I had the attitude of many haters, I would never have played am mmo because they all were weak at launch.

Don't know about the "most broken class at launch" but mine was a prot pally and stayed prot up until I un-subbed. :D

I tried SWG's but really didn't get too into it, most of my guild was back on DAoC so I kept going back there.

Don't know about the "most broken class at launch" but mine was a prot pally and stayed prot up until I un-subbed. :D

I tried SWG's but really didn't get too into it, most of my guild was back on DAoC so I kept going back there.

Its really hard to argue what was " most broken" because the philosophy of class design was so different. Basically the lead Devs hated hybrids so they always hamstrung them. Save for maybe one or two things ( like Shaman in PvP) most of the Hybrid specs were in pretty bad shape.

I played a Paladin as well, and they were definately all kinds of screwed up, but when you completely gut and redesign a class 7 days before launch thats gonna happen I guess. They pretty much are still paying for that decision when it comes to the Paladin class.

Ill feel very weird when i see a thread without wow vs swtor ****.

I would pick swtor over wow anytime.

Meh just depends on the time frame. Up until Cata I would of picked WoW everytime. Amazing how one bad expansion ( and the announcement of what appears to be more of the same) can completely change things.

WoW had night and day.

Weather.

Music all the time.

Critters.

Mobs patrolling.

Lots of crafting materials to farm... consumables. Made you walk in the world. Since herbs for many kind of potions, Felwood consumables in an awsome ambient music etc. You even had fish to get in the RL winter and summer etc

Dungeons... you had to move in the world, travel.. find enemies.

No silly loads.

Well wow didnt had much. But it had immersion with bad graphics but with good colour, music and ambients.

SWTOR got nothing of this in 2012 and it still fails at other "simple" important stuff.... like good coding.

I bet Bioware started to dev this game by making story and maps. Then added the rest.

A sloppy combat system, sloppy world, sloppy weather... sloppy wild life. Sloppy NPC's.

Crap travel system.

This game is inferior to vanilla wow... just got better graphics.

No.. I don't play wow for many years. I'm just comparing 2 diferent vanilla flavours and I think I prefer the original version.

Vanilla WoW had night/day. Was stagnant as in if it was day time in RL it was daytime ingame same for night.

WoW weather was added in a patch well after launch and is still fickle/pointless.

Indeed there were critters...yay?

Mobs patrolled yes, you could also pull almost every mob in the world (not in an instance) solo, with out having to worry about that pack pull that is almost every pull in SWTOR.

Crafting was amazing, yes. Same with gathering and the Felwood tuber runs were a thing of epicness I feel I wont see again. Was so much fun running a group of 5 people in a circle trying to beat same faction members and other faction members for the spawns. Not to mention the epic gankfest and world pvp battles there. The seasonal fishing thing was added later I believe...I could be wrong however as I only used Nightfin soup. lol AV fishing. Good stuff.

The world felt so open and alive, you actually had free travel. No place in the world was inaccessible as long as it was considered "live". The dungeons did indeed feel more epic.

Oh the music was just wonderful, though it could be in SWTOR if they added a loop feature.

Yea hardly any load screens, which for MY play experience is a thousand times better. Load screens to me just make me feel like each area is its own thing and not part of the MMO world. My opinion of course. I understand the need for some, like zep/boat screens from WoW but there are just too many in this.

I know people say WoW is polished...but you can only polish a turd so much. I bought the best gaming rig I could afford before i bought this game. Result??? Graphics are just breathtaking. Add in the story line and music that kicks in certain times...I truly feel Immersed in this game. I only wish I didn't feel so rushed to catch up with my friends. BW put so much into each planet and I sometimes feel like I'm rushing past it all to knock out quests and get to end game.

Other Pro's:

Quicktravel 30 Min CD.

Social Items Vendor, encourages/rewards groups.

Dark/Light Vendor, encourages/rewards you to be true to your faction.

Instant mail to your alts.

More than enough quests per planet to get you leveled.

Cons:

Not always enough mods, etc for my orange gear now that I got more companions.

Speeder unavailable in certain starports.

Taxis not always placed in Ideal locations.

I think I cannot go back to become a tank on my BH later cause I went Merc.

Just my 2 cents.

Critters. CRITTERS. Really, Morthalla? You miss critters badly enough to make them 3rd on your list?! Haha.

Luckily Vanilla WoW did NOT have music all the time. It would have been a terrible experience. MMORPGs and some continuous, neverending stream of musical score would be pretty depressing combination. Everybody would be sick of the score before trial runs out..regardless of quality of the music. (Exception that makes the rule: Eve Online. Awesome,calming ambinent space music, and several hours of it. )

Undeniably WoW has always had an awesome score though. Loads of excellent atmospheric semi ambinence. Bliz was also very tastefull when it comes to how often the said tracks were to play. Only Stormwind was bit of a fail in this regard. TOR on the other han has virtually no memorable music at all, other than those select very few moments we hear something by John Williams.

Vanilla WoW offered way more lively world as a whole. No question about it. You were always bound to run into your friends and enemies while doing your thing. In TOR, I lvld to 50 in one of the busiest PvP servers EU has. I found SOME PvP when I went looking for it.. but God knows it was never easy. Perhaps grand total of 10 encounters against enemy players between lvls 1 and 50. Some PvP server, haha.

In TOR, nobody EVER meets player of the opposing faction in a situation where both are just questing, or travelling, or doing their thing.It is always the case of other party having gone out their way to look for trouble. This is one of the factors that makes TOR feel a bit stale..and dead when it is in fact far from either.

You are wrong, i have "run" into the opposing faction many many many times just questing, and they were just questing. maybe it's your server, but mine has a lot of pvp going on outside of the WZ's. i'm a 46 BH and i have about 10-15 encounters a day without even trying to find any "action".

because you cannot compare the two within the same context.

WOW was superficially similar to other MMORPGs at the time, but frankly, it was in a league of its own from day 1.

graphics.. incredible. you may not like the art style, but the 3D engine was impressive, and delivered high performance on a wide range of systems (something that plagues SWTOR), had an interface which was simple and functional and quite easy to understand. the game was highly accessible as it took only seconds to load (another aspect that plauges SWTOR) for you to gain access to a world that was for the most part, "seamless". i cannot underemphaize that the game played fast and smooth - that is probably my biggest disappointment with SWTOR.

WOW had better sound effects back then than SWTOR has now. subtle ambient affects followed the visuals and made for a much more immersive feel. SWTOR has excellent effects, they just seem to be used almost sparingly. along with the lack of other players, other ambient critters (not npcs you can attack; rather those there just to create immersion) SWTOR's worlds seem a bit empty. while leveling up 2 characters to 50, other than fleet, it was rare to have more than 10-15 ppl on an entire world. yes, SWTOR is an MMORPG, but it often feels and plays like a single player game.

for the most part, WOW was a PVE game. there was no PVP other than griefing that could happen in "contested" zones, so at launch the PVP system was missing, which is not something you can say about SWTOR, regardless of wheter you like or dislike it in its current form: at least it had it :)

it's easy to see why people have such a fond memory of vanilla WOW. yes, it had a few stability issues, and it was missing its PVP component, but in 2004, it was so ahead of its competition it was almost incomparable.

in 2011 SWTOR is received with moderate to great reviews, sells a ton at launch - setting records in the process (Star Wars IP duh!) but it certainly wasnt as polished compared to the competition as WOW was in 2004. Just the fact so many compared it to a game released 7 years earlier is proof of that.

WoW had night and day.

Weather.

Music all the time.

Critters.

Mobs patrolling.

Lots of crafting materials to farm... consumables. Made you walk in the world. Since herbs for many kind of potions, Felwood consumables in an awsome ambient music etc. You even had fish to get in the RL winter and summer etc

Dungeons... you had to move in the world, travel.. find enemies.

No silly loads.

Well wow didnt had much. But it had immersion with bad graphics but with good colour, music and ambients.

SWTOR got nothing of this in 2012 and it still fails at other "simple" important stuff.... like good coding.

I bet Bioware started to dev this game by making story and maps. Then added the rest.

A sloppy combat system, sloppy world, sloppy weather... sloppy wild life. Sloppy NPC's.

Crap travel system.

This game is inferior to vanilla wow... just got better graphics.

No.. I don't play wow for many years. I'm just comparing 2 diferent vanilla flavours and I think I prefer the original version.

All your other points are dumb, because they're in this game. You're just not seeing it at all. "Simple" good coding, that's a laugh. That lightsaber you're using is about 10-30,000 lines of code alone. How much code do you think is in this ENTIRE GAME?

I didnt put numbers did I?

I could have added much more s tuff if you wish.

WoW evolved and its much more inovative atm than SWTOR.

My main problem with this game is the lack of immersion I feel while playing it. And before you guys laugh at my immersion problem. This is a RPG with everything stactic.

Awsome RPG clearly... they slap you with voice overs and thats all. All the rest is a dead world.... starting in lack of music.. ending in critters, yes critters.

Even the wild life is stuck in the ground as subbuteo.

And ye, WoW had nothing to do at launch when you dinged 50. But I remember raiding towns with hundreds of people just for FUN.

People had FUN even with nothing specific to do.

SWTOR will never have this feeling simple cause everything is just stuck in their places.

Even the speed skill a lvl 14 breaks my immersion... did my muscles grow stronger so I can run faster? When I'm gifted with the force... I fail at develop muscles at the start of my career?

Or giving me a huge space ship but not a speeder? Etc

Badly designed game...imo

I don't seem rampant easter egg style goofiness every where I go like I did with WoW. I don't see completely non-sense story lines (some are at worst questionable but not outside the realm of possibility).
Personally, I like the easter eggs, though I can understand if they went overboard with them. After all, the design team has underwent heavy turnover over the years; one of my issues is that they lost alot of content guys around vanilla release, though more recently I'm sure they've been shifting developers over to Titan.

They did a good job porting over locations seen throughout WC3. Pretty much all of the undead zones are great, for example, as is Ashenvale in particular, but in playing WC3 for the first time recently, I noticed even minor locations such as some of the centaur camps seen in the Barrens and Durotar, or some of the Furbolg camps seen in Ashenvale, actually came right out of WC3.

They also did a good job filling in where story was lacking. The origin of the dwarves was interesting in vanilla, there was the disappearance of the human king, the whole Blackrock Mountain region with its dungeons and its throwbacks to WC1/2, an extensive story line in the elf zones involving the Naga, practically anything involving demons...I could go on.

Some of the zones were just interesting places; I always liked the Hinterlands, or Azshara even when it consisted of only a few quests, Swamp of Sorrows... Dustwallow Marsh is one of my favorite zones of all time, entirely because of one incomplete quest chain.

There were more than a few noteworthy locations, including Greymane's Wall, the door to Uldum in Tanaris, Mt. Hyjal, Dalaaran, etc.

Thinking back on it, there's two running themes here; alot of the content was incomplete, and much of it was at some point reworked or expanded upon. The biggest difference, though, is that the work was obviously incomplete, not lacking wholly. What that did was leave plenty of room for speculation, and that made the IP really seem to pop.

It almost seems odd that because the game was less refined, it seemed more interesting. It makes sense in some ways; certainly as I detailed above, that by being incomplete it left more to the player's imagination, but also in that the developers could put more seeds for future content out than if they spent the time to refine every story line for release.

Then they went back to space demons, and the content became easymode, except for the raiding, but I prefer small group over raiding.

I'd like to know which philosophies you're talking about specifically.
Mainly in terms of the difficulty of content. Vanilla content was more difficult; more challenging pulls, more threatening patrols, greater need for CC; basically, more need to coordinate as a group. I cancelled towards the tail end of BC, around the time of Sunwell release, without having done any BC raiding, but outside of boss fights most dungeons had grown too simplistic. Edited by Ansultares

Why the hell do people care about this "day/night" thing?

Besides, it would be totally illogical to have that when youre travelling to different planets all the time. Or should every planet has its own, independant day/night circle? I doubt it.

Edited by Shruk

AHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you obviously never played wow till TBC

rep farm was the only way to even raid (Attunements), hell you needed to farm rep to do dungeons (HC Keys) and people without flasks did not raid.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Instance_attunement

Instance attunement refers to the process of gaining permanent access to an

instance.

But, no matter what you say, it kept you occupied, it gave you something todo, good or bad, we all went through the 4-5 hours or more of weekly farming for mats, to be prepared, we where much more out there, roaming the world, being social (atleast we where, farming elemetnals in felwood, while picking up the buff foods, grinding shards to cure them, pick your choice).

Some elements of grinding is good, hell even optional reputation grinds or achivments is better then something (yes I actually enjoyed maxing reputations, even better once you got rewarded for it), I loved getting my netherdrakes, my silly flying mana ray thing, Wildhammer clan in Cataclysm gave me so many chuckles, I even laughed so tears came out from the silly dwarf quests!

Why the hell do people care about this "day/night" thing?

Besides, it would be totally illogical to have that when youre travelling to different planets all the time. Or should every planet has its own, independant day/night circle? I doubt it.

Changing planets all the time? Since when?

You lvl for hours in the same planet before moving to a new one.

This game is all about voice... all rest is dead. Mobs standing still, not asking for help even when at 10 meters from other pack, etc.

Seriously... what a waste.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.