Autofacing in pvp answer to intelligent players

Labradoraki

To lolintelligent players who find 100 excuses to

PVP ISNT ABOUT PHYSICS OR THEME OR STORY so you cant use this as an argument unless you desperately want that mechanic in so you wont lose

Ranged classes have already the huge advatnage of range do you understand that intelligent players??? And in the already broken pvp system bioware made the ranged classes also have big survability through ccs....

And by not having the noob auto tracking system now the ranged classes will ned to test their SKILL and reflexes which without that systemr anged classes require NO SKILL...while melee already have the weakness of being melee and the need to hunt palyers around

SO ANYTHING THAT ADDS EVEN THE SLIGHEST AMOUNT OF SKILL IN GAME IS NEEDED IN AN MMO FOR OBVIOUS REASONS...

Dashes, leaps, charges, pulls and sprints make your whole argument invalid.

Also, without autoface it wouldn't be "hard" to target someone in melee, it would be IMPOSSIBLE because of lag and the number of times a character can just run through you in one second.

SO ANYTHING THAT ADDS EVEN THE SLIGHEST AMOUNT OF SKILL IN GAME IS NEEDED IN AN MMO FOR OBVIOUS REASONS...

Not too obvious unfortunately. Otherwise MDPS would utilize their really short CD interrupts.

I have yet been interrupted by a melee.

Also, without autoface it wouldn't be "hard" to target someone in melee, it would be IMPOSSIBLE because of lag and the number of times a character can just run through you in one second.

Worked just fine in WoW, autofacing just makes it extremely easy for ranged overall, way too easy imo.

Sounds like this is your first MMO

OMG A SINGLE GAP CLOSING ABILITY VS THE 100 RANGED CC AND KNOCKBACKS... hai intelligent player

I think its game changing, ridiculous the fact a ranged class can just stand in a spot while I run and jump and hide and dive around they can just AUTOBOT aim at me?

Remove it or Im done!

Pressing interrupt is hard and needs skill.

OMG A SINGLE GAP CLOSING ABILITY VS THE 100 RANGED CC AND KNOCKBACKS... hai intelligent player

Lol you aren't very good at making things up. I only have 2 CC and 1 Knockback and a mini knockback that moves u like 3 feet but don't worry its impossible for me to hit a melee character with the mini knockback as you just go through me and I lose line of sight.

I was sold by the OP's sad tale of how hard it is for melee to get in range.. until I remembered range-closing abilities have the same max range as most ranged classes' abilities..

LIES AND SLANDER!.... it's 5 meters less than sniper. :D

As a side note, I answered seriously to the other post about this so I'ma just troll this one naow.

LOLZ OP IZ NUB CAN'T UZ HIZ 20000000 CLOSERZ AND STUNS AND **** KNOWS WHAT ELSE *caps obviously makes my point more valid*

I am melee. Ranged characters try to flee and die horribly. I am happy with this.

LIES AND SLANDER!.... it's 5 meters less than sniper. :D

As a side note, I answered seriously to the other post about this so I'ma just troll this one naow.

LOLZ OP IZ NUB CAN'T UZ HIZ 20000000 CLOSERZ AND STUNS AND **** KNOWS WHAT ELSE *caps obviously makes my point more valid*

I am melee. Ranged characters try to flee and die horribly. I am happy with this.

I never flee. My running attacks suck. I have a better chance standing still hoping you forget to interrupt Grav Round a few times and that you already blew your cc breaker.

autofacing only allows channeled casts to hit you for full damage if you don't interrupt and/or the caster doesn't move, breaking the channel.

Damage has already been scaled such that dps (that's damage PER second, as in a ratio) is on par with melee hits

Example:

Guardian strike - damage broken into 3 hits across animation. Target is moving, so is guardian. The spell 'autofaces'.

Vanguard hammershot - damage broken into 4 hits, across animation. Target and Vanguard move, the spell 'autofaces.'

In both cases, if the player doesn't manually turn to face his target's new position after the evil Autofacing, he can't hit the target again.

That said, can I have your stuff? Nvm if it sucks tho.

I like how the fact that Operative/Scoundrel have zero gap closers and a melee range (10m) interrupt is completely disregarded in this thread.

Only a very stupid operative/scoundrel doesn't chose the location and target for it's fights. Stealth kinda, you know, grants you that. If you chose to go after the big 20k health tank, don't cry when the 10k health Sorc melts you from afar.

Only a very stupid operative/scoundrel doesn't chose the location and target for it's fights. Stealth kinda, you know, grants you that. If you chose to go after the big 20k health tank, don't cry when the 10k health Sorc melts you from afar.

YEP! Because there are no AOEs / Grenades/ Knock Backs / to remove Stealth Targets......:D

i never understood the QQ about ranged v.s *SOME* melee classes. 1v1 Melee classes have extremely good gap closers and damage, not to mention Marauder survivability in 1v1 scenarios is ridiculous. However in group pvp melee classes are often first to be focused and this is because of positioning they are easier to target. What you are failing to realize that you dying first would be the natural order of things.

The problem has to do with group pvp and positioning, melee classes will always have this problem. I have a 50 sniper and 50 Marauder, Sniper front end damage is very high and ranged, But marauders have good damage consistancy as well as bettter defensive cooldowns. Both classes however have armor pen problems at least with Annihilation you have internal damage. Btw rage/focus bombing is overrated.

Edited by nichtganz