Anyone playing both Sith and Jedi stories?

Necrosia

Played trooper to the start of chapter 2.Now im giving that one a breather and playing a sith inq.Having played everything but the agent till level 10,the Inq is my favorite non-trooper class.Might even become my main I dont know..Hurling lightning is just that cool.

I have a Jedi Sage at 41 and a Sith Assassin at 30. I made them siblings in my head :p

I enjoy both of them really, visually I like the Sith more (purple lightning!) however I really can't stand Khem Val.

Lately been playing my Trooper and totally having a blast (get it?!) blowing everything up.

Playing a Sith Warrior (Marauder, level 41) & a Jedi Knight (Guardian, level 28).

So far I'm liking the Warrior's story much better. Not sure if it's because I'm playing the Sith like a total SOB & the Knight as a goody-two-shoes but man, that Sith is one bad mutha!

The end of act 1 of the SW storyline literally gave me goosebumps. Haven't reached the Knight's act 1 conclusion but it'll be hard-pressed to match the Warrior's.

I'm going to down the road but I was wondering if anyone is atm, how would you compare the jedi to sith storylines; which one do you enjoy more?

Have played Consular to 50 (fiished) and 34 on my Inquis so far. They were both interesting although after helping a jedi knight complete his story line I felt mine was a bit.. less... epic i suppose would be the word. For the Inquis part, it makes sense and I think I'm just getting to the fun part of the first chapter now. :)

i know some of the stories cross over a bit, or at least... I had Mako make a cameo in one of my republic stories.

I've played all 4 Jedi/Sith storylines a little way (those characters are between level 10-22 atm). I prefer the Sith storylines so far. They draw you in more, and I felt myself having emotional reactions to the events and the NPCs, the way I would if I was reading a really good novel. Whereas the Jedi are more generic what-you'd-expect-to-find-in-a-video-game fare.

I've played my JKG through 35lvl so far, and I like the story, the interplay between him and Kira, and the challenge of trying to play an earnest Jedi Knight by the Jedi Code (like an actor plays a challenging role in drama).

I'm liking my Sith Sorcerer's storyline thus far, though haven't gotten far. Her race is Sith, and she's pissed at the Empire for deigning to enslave her. With the help of her Master, she hopes to become powerful enough to punish those who've wronged her. Khem Val makes a great companion in this goal.

My Sith Marauder is sort of an egotistical ladies man who's actually a double agent for the Jedi. He despises his Master, loathes him. Funny how this simple RP context makes all of the responses in the dialog to his master seem like obsequious little deceits. Every now and then he mouths off to his Master, which is a hoot. He's wracking up about 2 to 1 Light Side vs Dark Side points. And coincidentally this fits well with Vette.

I suppose at some point I should play a non-Force using character, haha.

Edited by Cerion

My mains a Guardian cause ive always been a Jedi at heart and love to melee tank.

Ive thought of making an inquisitor a few times, because people say its really fun, but then I remember that practically half the empires player base are inquisitors so no.

Nothing like 5+ lightning bolts hitting you at once in PvP

I'm leveling both jedi, 26, and sith warrior, 33. The sith warrior story is better. However, I dislike the way sith warriors hold their lightsaber. Jedi hold their saber with both hands when running and standing idle. Sith warriors hold their sabers pointing down and behind them. I find that very annoying. I also prefer the jedi animations for many abilities over the sith warrior.

The jedi story would have been better if the story were darker.

Edited by Knockerz

This is why people cant understand the faction imbalance.

Empire stories are much better than republic, save the smuggler. Jedi is so bland and goody goody the only way to get any enjoyment is to always choose the dark option.

Perhaps for others, but I rather like the challenge of being full Light Side. I'm so bored of the generic anti-hero narrative you find everywhere these days. My LS Jedi has conviction, a strong ethic, and a strong moral code! I love the challenge of playing it.

This is why people cant understand the faction imbalance.

Empire stories are much better than republic, save the smuggler. Jedi is so bland and goody goody the only way to get any enjoyment is to always choose the dark option.

that's the way of a jedi,

i choose the empire story for my 1st char,

when i ding lv50 and do HMs,

i finally realize that pc who like dark side usually less of manners.

choose ur way willingly , it is just a game,

but when u need group with others,

then u will learn ur lessons.

that's the way of a jedi,

i choose the empire story for my 1st char,

when i ding lv50 and do HMs,

i finally realize that pc who like dark side usually less of manners.

choose ur way willingly , it is just a game,

but when u need group with others,

then u will learn ur lessons.

A pretty sad attempt at generalizing empire players.

Having played to level 15-20 one class or having ended the Chapter 1 dont gives a correct idea of the WHOLE history of a char. For example, Jedi Consular have a Prologue and a Chapter 1 quite boring, but chapter 2 is fine and Chapter 3 is pretty cool.

Having played and - for now - abandoned a Jedi Guardian (Not because it was boring but because possible alts on the Empire would look better. Yea i'm big on looks) and playing a Sith Jugg with my Younger Brother (hes a Marauder)

I would put the SW story ahead. Can't put my finger on the exact thing but it just seems more bad@ss.

Though Bad Jedi's are really run (Jedi Sage played as a ba*tard rewards with some really interesting dialogue)

Edited by CptBrit

I played a SW to 50, not because I had any interest in the Sith, but because my guild decided to go Empire. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. Still, I rolled a JK after that and I'm enjoying that a lot more than I enjoyed the Sith.

I think they've done a pretty good job of writing stories that appeal to the sorts of people who are going to be attracted to each class. If you want to be a good guy, roll Jedi. If you enjoy being a bad guy, roll Sith.

• 3 months later...
Perhaps for others, but I rather like the challenge of being full Light Side. I'm so bored of the generic anti-hero narrative you find everywhere these days. My LS Jedi has conviction, a strong ethic, and a strong moral code! I love the challenge of playing it.

I don't find it a challenge at all. It seems like the easiest way to play. Light Jedi or Dark Jedi are both easier than trying a Light Sith. I fully intended one of them to be light side and before I knew it, they were both dark faction. Well, the Sith Warrior is more 'Grey' at the moment. My Sith Sorcerer is borderline insane already. And she is only lvl 22.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.