My computer can run Skynet it's so powerful, yet I have to turn graphics down...

Vingvega

There have been multiple reports of issues with higher end pcs having fps troubles. Hopefully a driver update gets released by nvidia cause i was getting between 10-20 fps last night on a high end computer

2.8 quad core intel

geforce gt 555m 3gb (yes 3) video card

8gb ram

Also try turning off shadows. As in beta this tends to make a big differance

Edited by AaronPenick

If I remember correctly (and I may not,) one of the gaming sites benchmarking the SWTOR (final beta) client stated that it was CPU not GPU intensive in it's demands.

I don't know this is fact but tend to give it credit, simply because I'm running a quad core i5 3.3GHz CPU and a single gfx card based on the (year? 18 month old) Nvidia gtx460 GPU. I run it with all gfx options maxed and forcing AA through the Nvidia control panel at 1920x1080 res. I get 90fps easily in crowded areas and 120fps in the boonies with light activity.

Maybe your CPU needs to be upgraded as a guess.

If I remember correctly (and I may not,) one of the gaming sites benchmarking the SWTOR (final beta) client stated that it was CPU not GPU intensive in it's demands.

I don't know this is fact but tend to give it credit, simply because I'm running a quad core i5 3.3GHz CPU and a single gfx card based on the (year? 18 month old) Nvidia gtx460 GPU. I run it with all gfx options maxed and forcing AA through the Nvidia control panel at 1920x1080 res. I get 90fps easily in crowded areas and 120fps in the boonies with light activity.

Maybe your CPU needs to be upgraded as a guess.

Hmm I also have a desktop with a quad core amd OC to 3.8ghz, nvidia 1gb video (forget model about 2 years old though) and 8 gb ram that does the same 10-20 fps. btw on both computers the fps meter is green which was video card to my understanding?

edit: remoted to pc to get video card model. nvidia geforce gt 9600 Not a great card by any means but has ran games like rage and bf3 (yes i know they are fps games) at high/highest settings

Edited by AaronPenick

Hmm I also have a desktop with a quad core amd OC to 3.8ghz, nvidia 1gb video (forget model about 2 years old though) and 8 gb ram that does the same 10-20 fps. btw on both computers the fps meter is green which was video card to my understanding?

edit: remoted to pc to get video card model. nvidia geforce gt 9600 Not a great card by any means but has ran games like rage and bf3 (yes i know they are fps games) at high/highest settings

Your card is terrible, that is your problem.

Your card is terrible, that is your problem.

see previous post where im running a geforce 555m and still having issues. The laptop I got a few months back has been able to run max settings on anything I have thrown at it so far

Edited by AaronPenick

Why? Oh Why? My system can find and kill John Conner. Yet I turn my graphics down to play smooth.

Skynet was on 5 1/4 inch floppies on the Tandy 1000 somewhere.

I'm not sure what is happening with you but I get ~50 FPS on my 2.8 Quad, 8 GB with an old ATI 4770. The only thing that I have to do is turn off shadows. Everything else including grass/tree detail is on high/100%

nvidia geforce gt 9600 Not a great card by any means but has ran games like rage and bf3 (yes i know they are fps games) at high/highest settings

I am calling BS on that. No way you ran BF3 at the highest settings on a 9600GT, a near 4 year old GPU.