Can you really Blame us?

ExileV

I'm in, my dad is in, but my brother and sister are not. And they are just fine waiting for their turn. They are actually pretty disappointed with all the self-entitled people here...

Same. My brother is in but I am out...... Sucks to be me i guess

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I show up with the money. You better believe I want service

And you will get the service, on the 20th as promised. Not to mention, you likely will get anywhere from 1 to 5 days of EARLY ACCESS FOR FREE.

Key word is FREE.

This means your not paying for it.

It means its FREE, or "in addition to"

If you couldnt afford the game on July 21st, again thats not Biowares fault unless your on their payroll and they sent you your paycheck late.

Its also not Biowares fault you failed to comprehend that the early access was something additionally thrown in, and not a guarenteed part of the price of the game.

Heres an example:

You preordered the Deluxe Edition on July 21st, it cost you 80 bucks

You ordered the Deluxe Edition on December 21st, it cost you 80 bucks.

See what im getting at here?

Edited by RefugeASSASSIN

Man, these bioware nut cuppers are some of the worst fanboys I have ever seen.

LOL, now known as "BNC"s.

Overall, my launch experience (or rather early access experience) has been good. I was lucky enough to get in 15 minutes after the stated boot time for servers. And now Amazon sent me an e-mail to state that my CE will ship early. So almost everything is back to normal.

But...

Getting to where I am (and where we are) today has been anything but smooth. This was one of the most rage-filled launches I've seen for an MMO in some time. And although the rage never justifies silly flames and threats, it is understandable as the OP mentions. Bioware/EA has at worst lied and at least intentionally misled. They've shown what little respect they have for their consumers as a whole. One could even go as far to say that EA is intentionally stirring up panic within their community to get people to purchase a second copy of TOR.

All of that was completely unacceptable.

I am in TOR, happily playing this beautiful game thanks to Bioware. At the same time EA has treated me like a mark, lying to me about a grace period and forcing a near-Christmas release. What happened to the Bioware we knew and loved many years ago?

Edited by cipher_nemo

First I would just like to tell all the people who are calling everyone who posts an angry complaint or remark saying that they will never pre-order anything from BioWare again a *********** whiner to back the hell off.

Can you really blame people for being disgruntled? Stop and think about it for a second. Some of you may not understand the value in money (not expecting everyone to) but to certain people, dishing out $60 to $80 is a pretty big chunk of money for a video game. Especially when, for example, I can buy a week's worth of groceries with that kind of money. So don't call people whiners and start flaming people when they feel they haven't gotten what they feel their money was worth.

I probably am also not going to pre-order another Bioware game if they EVER re-use this EGA scheme of sending waves out. I don't think my money has been well spent when I'm sitting here, wasting my time feeling annoyed every hour I check my email and still haven't received anything. A feeling, enhanced by the fact that Bioware has done next to nothing to at least tell us approximately when players will get into the EGA.

I can't help but feel annoyed at this, it's just the way I feel and I can't change it, so I'm very sorry, but spending money to feel annoyed isn't a valid purchase for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. If I pay for a game, I want entertainment and fun, not the opposite.

Anyway, please note that I'm not bashing Bioware's EGA scheme per-se. Maybe it's a good way to set up launch for them, who knows. All I'm saying is that personally it's not my cup of tea as a launch procedure and I'll take no part in any future releases that are similarly planned.

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

to quote Adam Jensen; "I never asked for this."

:p

Finally someone who understands

this whole EA scheme was bogus from the beginning

The incessant whining over pre-launch access is just incredible.

If the game was that bloody important to you, you would have been following the weekly updates and found out back in JULY 2011 how early access and pre-order registration was going to work.

Check it out…. You got no one to blame but yourself for not getting in the second the servers came on line.

Early access order keying off of Pre-order registration has been talked about on these forums, blogged about, and the topic of many fan interviews as well as officially posted on this site for months.

On another note: If you’re a fan of MMO’s use this as a learning experience. As the MMO market continues to expand and triple “A” titles start to see opening day launch numbers in the millions with over 100 servers coming on-line the same day understand that there are practical and physical limitations that are being hit.

25000 players standing on each other’s heads in the starting zone all trying to click on a quest giver is not the experience anyone wants to have.

All Bioware is doing by this stepped launch is making sure your first few hours are not spent at 3 FPS with frustrating client disconnects and hour long queues.

Triple “A” MMO titles in the future are going to have to employ similar methods of stepped launches. In the future we will likely think of them more as launch windows or launch weeks instead of launch DAY.

The fact of the matter is a month from now no one is going to be at an advantage for having an extra few days in the game over you as in-game time is going to vary greatly from player to player anyway….and if you think it will you are delusional.

People should be ashamed of them selves.

Telling people off for feeling disapointed? Shame on you.

Double shame on some of you, you do realise self-entittlement includes you too right? Telling people they should have ordered earlier and how fair it is YOU got in already IS self-entittlement as well.

Crying you didnt get in yet? Shame on you.

What makes you think YOU deserve to be in before anyone else?

Im sure most of us here have felt the disapointment of the wait, Im sure nearly everyone understands this, its.. ok to express it but keep it within reason.

Overall, my launch experience (or rather early access experience) has been good. I was lucky enough to get in 15 minutes after the stated boot time for servers. And now Amazon sent me an e-mail to state that my CE will ship early. So almost everything is back to normal.

But...

Getting to where I am (and where we are) today has been anything but smooth. This was one of the most rage-filled launches I've seen for an MMO in some time. And although the rage never justifies silly flames and threats, it is understandable as the OP mentions. Bioware/EA has at worst lied and at least intentionally misled. They've shown what little respect they have for their consumers as a whole. One could even go as far to say that EA is intentionally stirring up panic within their community to get people to purchase a second copy of TOR.

I am in TOR, happily playing this beautiful game thanks to Bioware. At the same time EA has treated me like a mark, lying to me about a grace period and forcing a near-Christmas release. What happened to the Bioware we knew and loved many years ago?

What have they lied or mislead their customers about? They've been as transparent as I expect a game company to be from what I've seen.

If you're talking about the no grace peroid for getting people to purchase a second copy: I don't like the no grace period but I can understand it, especially since people who aren't buying the game can already play for free through EGA. If my game doesn't get here until next year that's certainly not going to cause me to buy a second copy.

You know what, I spent like 10 minutes editing the OPs post trying to make it more ********, I just couldn't find way.

I'm sorry, your large mass of compliments seem to have been replaced by Asterisks... how very odd... ;):p

What makes you think YOU deserve to be in before anyone else?

Im sure most of us here have felt the disapointment of the wait, Im sure nearly everyone understands this, its.. ok to express it but keep it within reason.

What makes ME deserve to be in game is because knowing *I* planned to play the game *I* put a $5 on the game at gamestop on July 22nd

And Yes, *I* have been waiting. Waiting years and years to play the game

So from ME to you Panthian HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I get to play this evening

To the OP.

Your comparing this to going to the grocery store. If you do not have the money to buy the video game, then dont buy the video game. Those who could afford to buy the video game deserves to get treated to earlier access because they had the money, they had the oportunity and they took it. Should these people who bought (like me) 5 months ago the game be punished because you may not have had the money 5 months ago? No.

Instead of whining about this you should think about it in this manner. The game is officially launched 20th december. anything before that is a GIFT from BW to the players who put up their hard earned money ahead of time.

Good thing about this is that queue's will be a lot lower and quests mobs are more available, but on the other hand this takes some fun out of the game when you want to level together with people in your guild. I will probably never play with a lot of my guildmembers in the first 49 levels because some will probably be lvl 30 before I even start playing.

Sure, no one likes that mobs for quests are camped by everyone, but in other MMO's they solved this a bit by using a lot of channels in the begin area's. I remember that the launch for Aion was ok for the first 20 lvl's besides some queue's in the first week only. Just switch to a channel with less players near you to be able to kill the mobs you need. They even added more channels when this was needed and removed them lateron when they weren't needed anymore. Aion wasn't a great MMO for me when I reached max level, grinding, zerg vs zerg and not much to do in the end.

I'm not in the game yet, so I'll just see how this way of launching will work out over time. Most important for any MMO is enough content for people who reached the max level.

I am sure your plan is the apex of awesome. The pinnacle of perfection.

You (given the chance) know precisely how to make it so no one complains. Everyone would praise your plan. You would be the hero.

Oh wait, no. You have no idea what you're talking about and don't understand that no matter what you do. People will *****.

Kindly sign off before your mommy gets angry.

Are you really going to try and call me a child when you have some lame *** emoticons in your signature? I'm sure you are one of those hipster kids in tight jeans listening to japanese music while watching his anime. Get over yourself, kid---You're a man, stop wearing Hello Kitty.

But...

QFT it is not a good way to launch a game by giving people early access based on waves over a span of a few days. This is the first MMO that I have played to be launched in this manner and this is the first time I have ever been on a forum this upset without even have touched the game. I am mad because its the principle of the whole thing. Its understanding the online community as a whole. Although this will all die down as soon as everyone gets to play I do not see the point in extending it. Right now my brother is playing the game and I am not. I pre-ordered before him but didnt put in the code because I was told it gives me a another colored light saber which I thought could wait. Had i know it would be like this I would have put the code in that first day I had it. The question to that I can not get a good answer for is why can bioware not get everyone in today? or EA or whoever? EA sucks. They do. They ruined football games by buying the rights and making crap games their after, they released Warhammer half complete just to make money. It was a shame they bought bioware. Why couldnt Bioware and bethesta form their own company and dominate the playing field and put crappy throw it together and sell it companies like EA out of business?

Of course yet another very sensible post that has been riddled with flaming from the most excrciating of fanboys yet again.

Its safe to say that we will never see such a launch again. It makes no sense, and it leaves people feeling as though they will never know when they will get in. It is like the worst queue in the history of MMOs, which is hilarious because server queues are what this disaster were supposed to prevent. The difference with this queue is that BW have chosen to be seriously vague in the information provided as to when the queue will end.

When I saw the early access advertisement, I bought the game based on the selling point of five days of early access. I did not sign up to take part in a stress test. I was happy to mess around during the beta, but I'm not happy about being messed around when my money has been put down.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone who is defending this farce, is an idiot. And they are the worst kind too - the ones who lack empathy and think that just because they go in, the rest of us should shut up.

No matter what way you spin it, Bioware have screwed up.

- Did this system prevent server queues? Yes, for those who are in. The rest of us are in the biggest queue in history.

- Did it make the launch smooth? No, as a huge number of people are locked out *deliberately*.

- Will anyone try this ever again? Absolutely not on your nelly. Blizzard are rolling around the floor laughing at this, and who can blame them?

What makes ME deserve to be in game is because knowing *I* planned to play the game *I* put a $5 on the game at gamestop on July 22nd

And Yes, *I* have been waiting. Waiting years and years to play the game

So from ME to you Panthian HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I get to play this evening

Good for you have a cooky.

But if you are trying to offend me you going to have to try again.

Not to mention you dont know when I ordered or if I got my invite yet or not.

So no matter how you look at it, the joke is on you.:rolleyes:

I completely understand all of that, but at the same time I just can't shake the feeling of annoyance. Like, trust me, I want to not be pissed in any way and be happy to get even some Early Access, but at the same time, I feel that they are treating people unfairly and it just gets under my skin. Justify things as much as you want, I can't not feel this way and honestly getting angry about something I paid money for is, to me, a very poor way to spend money.

I hear your complaint. I dished out 170 bucks with tax and I received my first day EGA for this game. Now, I'm over here in Afghanistan and have to pay 85 dollars a month for a 128kb connection speed in order to have intenet access. I could say that I'm justified by my status as a soldier defending the freedoms of the western world to have free internet and a much faster bandwidth so I can actually play this game. Unfortunately I'm not entitled to anything and I actually have to wait until I get back home to play this game, which is well past my early game access.

At least you can log into the game and enjoy it. All I can do is watch all the people complain about not getting into the game because they think they are entitled to free game time. Trust me I am quite annoyed at the forums because people like yourself, but hey we are all entitled to our own opinions and own feelings and nobody is entitled to tell us we aren't allowed to feel the way we do.

Try to enjoy your time in game and feel free to enjoy it for me and any other soldier, airman, sailor or marine who wants to play the game but they can't because they are defending your right to complain about not getting something you feel you are entitled to.

First I would just like to tell all the people who are calling everyone who posts an angry complaint or remark saying that they will never pre-order anything from BioWare again a *********** whiner to back the hell off.

Can you really blame people for being disgruntled? Stop and think about it for a second. Some of you may not understand the value in money (not expecting everyone to) but to certain people, dishing out $60 to $80 is a pretty big chunk of money for a video game. Especially when, for example, I can buy a week's worth of groceries with that kind of money. So don't call people whiners and start flaming people when they feel they haven't gotten what they feel their money was worth.

I probably am also not going to pre-order another Bioware game if they EVER re-use this EGA scheme of sending waves out. I don't think my money has been well spent when I'm sitting here, wasting my time feeling annoyed every hour I check my email and still haven't received anything. A feeling, enhanced by the fact that Bioware has done next to nothing to at least tell us approximately when players will get into the EGA.

I can't help but feel annoyed at this, it's just the way I feel and I can't change it, so I'm very sorry, but spending money to feel annoyed isn't a valid purchase for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. If I pay for a game, I want entertainment and fun, not the opposite.

Anyway, please note that I'm not bashing Bioware's EGA scheme per-se. Maybe it's a good way to set up launch for them, who knows. All I'm saying is that personally it's not my cup of tea as a launch procedure and I'll take no part in any future releases that are similarly planned.

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

to quote Adam Jensen; "I never asked for this."

:p

Yes we can blame you. You are ************ over 3 days.

Of course yet another very sensible post that has been riddled with flaming from the most excrciating of fanboys yet again.

Its safe to say that we will never see such a launch again. It makes no sense, and it leaves people feeling as though they will never know when they will get in. It is like the worst queue in the history of MMOs, which is hilarious because server queues are what this disaster were supposed to prevent. The difference with this queue is that BW have chosen to be seriously vague in the information provided as to when the queue will end.

When I saw the early access advertisement, I bought the game based on the selling point of five days of early access. I did not sign up to take part in a stress test. I was happy to mess around during the beta, but I'm not happy about being messed around when my money has been put down.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone who is defending this farce, is an idiot. And they are the worst kind too - the ones who lack empathy and think that just because they go in, the rest of us should shut up.

No matter what way you spin it, Bioware have screwed up.

- Did this system prevent server queues? Yes, for those who are in. The rest of us are in the biggest queue in history.

- Did it make the launch smooth? No, as a huge number of people are locked out *deliberately*.

- Will anyone try this ever again? Absolutely not on your nelly. Blizzard are rolling around the floor laughing at this, and who can blame them?

QFT again. So 4 waves have went out. Is that it? Shell we continue this awful hate filled adventure for another day? Have we been ignored?

This sucks! Im going to say only that because I internatlize most of my feelings and will probably die at a young age for it. But I love the fact that there are all these jerks, yes you are being jerks, out there saying ooooh poor baby blobbity blob for people venting about how they feel right now. How bout you jerks leave them alone go outside find something better to do like I dont know focus on your work and LET THEM VENT! WHen did the world become a place where oh your upset and venting, here let me put my knee in your back and make it hurt more. KNOCK IT OFF! God! Know what Im looking for on here, some dev text telling us they are working hard at getting everyone in....not seen it yet, BUT Ill still be looking. But what I cant stand seeing while looking all the JERKS telling people to shutup and stop QQing. I know that sometime in every single ONE of your lives you have allllll been upset and whined and QQued and B******ed and moaned. So who cares if they are upset and saying so on this forum. Thats right....YOU shouldnt, cause your not upset, SO EF OFF! Oh and go ahead and troll all you want cause guess what, your useless waste of space to me and I DOOOOONNNNTTTTT CAAAAARRRRRRE! Thank you! I hope everyone all gets in soon. :D

PS: To all the jerks if you havent read all the way through or dont understand....STOP BEING HATEFUL SOB's! <3

We won't know how this type of launch pans out until the 20th. Waiting sucks...true, but no one has an argument where the fault for their not playing now isn't their own - didn't buy soon enough (my issue), didn't read and/or understand what the ad copy actually said, etc.

That's the reason people are getting sick of all the whining. Bioware isn't my friend, we don't hang out but still all the incessant, crybaby whining is getting old.

Those of us who aren't playing have only ourselves to blame, not Bioware, not EA or Santa Claus - for whatever reason WE DID IT WRONG.

It's tiring to hear people talk about the "I'll cancel my preorder" thing. You won't. You'll wait and if they make you wait another day...well, you'll wait some more. Then you'll play and like all the other complainers who ARE now playing all of this will be forgotten.

Again, complain, gripe and jump up and down all you want - waiting sucks. Just don't try to make it about anything else other than you just want to play the game.

ENTITLEMENT TO EARLY ACCESS IS CONTINGENT ON THE DATE OF YOUR PRE-ORDER AND THE RELEASE DATE OF THE PRODUCT. AVAILABILITY OF EARLY GAME ACCESS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME BY EA IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. SEE PRE-ORDER FAQ’S AT http://WWW.SWTOR.COM/PREORDER/FAQ FOR DETAILS.

Customers who redeem their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center prior to launch will be able to pre-load the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Client before the official Game launch. Pre-loading the Game does not grant you access to the Game. Pre-Ordering the Game only allows you access to the Early Game Access period and your Color Crystal. Early Game Access may be up to 7 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code.

i think it is you who failed to read.

I wish I could just quote this in every sing thread were self entitlement reigns.