Can you really Blame us?

ExileV

Sigh, these people who fail at comprehension need to quit the game already.

In regards to the OP, so if you couldn't make it in time to line up at a store that's opening with a huge sale due to work you deserve to go in front of other people?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only paid $5 for my pre-order and haven't been charged a cent for the full game yet and I pre-ordered a month ago.

So your facts about the money spent is incorrect. If you paid it all up front I'm frankly surprised you would if you're so tight on cash...

Also from past experience most early access programs for MMOs have been around the 3-5 day mark, most being 3. So 4 days is better then most.

Lastly, also from past MMO early access programs, having everyone log in at once almost 100% of the time causes massive play issues. Now I can't say SWTOR isn't experiencing the same thing because I'm not in yet, but all recent MMOs had massive server issues because they got trampled on by the hundreds of thousands of people logging in at the same time. So Bioware, and I'm not saying it was the right fix but it was a fix, tried to fix the problem by staggering the invites so people could get in and get playing more smoothly then they have seen with other MMOs.

I'm finding people are just getting angry for the sake of being angry. Take a deep breath and visit a place like torhead.com in order to get your fix. You'll get in soon enough.

EDIT:

To the guy above thinking he's an economist... ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

Considering interest rates on $5 is fractions of a percent you would have wait decades for that $5 to make any amount for it to be not worth consuming...

Also to state Bioware is raking in significant amount of coin is ludicrous. They probably make maybe a $1 to $2 off every pre-order, so you'd think that's still a lot of dough for 2.5 Million people right they're still making a ton of interest... well consider they have these things called expenses they have to pay for now after years of making nothing off of this game. The interest on any capital loan or line of credit is probably higher then any amount of money they actually made during pre-orders.

I know I'm being a dick here, but one thing most, and I'll lump myself in here too, do is make a long winded post about something they know nothing about. Remember kids when you pull million of people into one place there is at least 1 person smarter than you and willing to make you look like an ***. So if you're going to share your thoughts at least be a little be right.

Edited by Everclyr

Your pre order cost is deducted from the release box sale price!

That's, my friend, what most of the people do not GET it here.

NOONE PAID extra $5 for Early Access. You'll pay 5$ less when you buy the game. What part you do not understand ?

How come people still try to rant over an mistaken information?

Wow! Blame the victim. Guess what. Out of the two parties ONE is in complete control of the situation. They could have let everyone in by now without incident and they choose not to so the complaints are inevitable. What I don't get is what you think you are going to accomplish by defending them. They are not going to flag your account to get a special online gift. At least the complaints may actually result in people getting in sooner. What do you accomplish? Squat. Your not making the upset people feel any better and your certainly not getting any reward from Bioware either.

How was Bioware in complete control? They specifically communicated how things work and it would be stagggered and the sooner the better since the beginning.

It was completely in the buyer's hands after that to pre order (which costs basically nothing depending on where you went) and to enter their codes immediately instead of sitting on it and possibly losing it or being ignorante of the fact they should even have one at all.

If a person wasn't sure they wanted the game they could of still pre ordered registered then simply cancelled if they decided from the info coming out that it wasn't for them. No money lost.

People who decided to pre order at the last moment either didn't have a major interest and shouldn't whine OR they obviously have some reading / comprehension issues. Even better they're the types that only buy something at the last moment without reading anything about the game's pre orders or how the pre order system works for the game.

Besides who pre orders an MMO and sits on the pre order code or waits until the last moment to realize their code didnt' arrive when everyone else was talking about it for months? I mean honestly anyone thats in that field should be punching themselves in the face.

I'm not here to make any entitlted feeling whiners feel better. They were either willfully ignorant of all the information all over the web or complete procrastinators all on their own. There is no victim here just self entitled whining.

Oh and for the person below me..what Queues? I've been playing since Day 1 and i've not had a Queue.

Edited by Kindara

The disapointment is very understandble lets face it we are getting it all, the longest wait to get in , less days to play, the queues, the being told off because we do feel disapointed,

heck even being told of we have to wait.

That said, despite the disapointment.. is it really worth complaining about?

I would agree with you if people were complaining about not getting in on the 20th BUT the fact is that if you pre ordered the game there was a text saying "You MAY get UP TO 5 days early access" and NOW were at the 3rd out of SEVEN days, third wave in about half an hour... THEY ADDED 2 DAYS ;P and made it 7 days early acess instead of 5 so that everyone would hopefully get atleast 3-4 days early acess... So stop complaining.

Well I pre-ordered way back, but didn't get a working code until Dec, and then really wasn't sure if I would get in, but I got in yesturday. I think not only did they mess up the whole who gets in, and when, but the codes. I really shouldn't have gotten in yet, but I think this whole thing is messed up really bad.

Actually you did.... as that is time that $5 is not earning interest for you and is instead earnng interest for EA/Bioware.... Now $5 may not sound like it would generate much interest, but multiply it by 2.5 Mil pre-orders and that is a TON of interest they are getting daily on their accounts. So if you ordered in Oct. that means you lost 2 months of it making you money and EA gained 2 months of it making money for them which is why we get the benefit of head start as we are enabling them to become profitable off of the game earlier. Basically if you pre-ordered post Sept. 30th it would have been more beneficial not to have pre-ordered at all and gained some kind of interest off of your $5 (yeah yeah it isn't much but better you making money off of it than them) and then simply pre-ordered say today when it looks like everyone will get in anyways.

This would make sense if EA got that money. Well the do from Origin but not from the other dozen retailers that were selling pre-orders.

Lets face it this was a bad idea. Me i pre-ordered in September but didnt put the code in until a few days ago and now I am going to get screwed. You guys let waves of people in every hour until you do 4 and then quit for the day? Why? I don't see the point of pissing people off? The early access advertisement on your website is to make one believe that if they pre-order they will get early access right then but its a scam. Bioware this is an MMO. MMO's can fail based on a launch and the fact that people only get access on certain days until about noon and then you all quit is just bad. Its bad because we know you all can get more people in but don't and it frankly makes you all look lazy. I have no sympathy. I am a senior at the University of Tennessee so I have done my fair share of work. In fact I just pulled all nighters not to long ago for finals and you guys are telling me you can not do the same to get everyone in today? I don't buy it. I would much rather bring up servers sipping coffee than have to cram for upper level English classes days after i just finished a 10 page paper. Give me a break! This to me just is showing the dedication that you guys are going to put towards this game and has me half thinking about saying screw it and taking my 60 dollars and buying Battle Field 3. I got Skyrim, Awesome game and with Battle field 3 I am sure I will have just as much fun and not have to wait checking my emails to see if I am the lucky winner when I know I am not because of bad luck. I am pissed and rightfully so and I am not the only one. So I want to see a post saying "We are going to work hard today to make sure that we get all pre-orders playing today" maybe its not to your game plan but things change. How you all did not realize that this is a recipe for disaster is beyond me, especially how alluring and deceiving your advertisements are right now but its time to step up to the plate and get this thing off the ground because the website crashes. Its funny because let people in and you will notice the lag on this site go away. I am done. read and think about what I said.

One would think a Senior at a university taking upper level English classes would know how to break things up with paragraphs. One might also expect them to understand the meaning of "up to".

launch was on the 13th, not the 20th LOL

Incorrect. Launch is when the boxes are allowed to be sold by stores/placed on their shelves. That is the 20/12/2011. Today is the 15/12/2011. 2 days ago was the start of Early Game Access. The game hasn't launched yet. Get your facts straight before you make stupid comments like this.

I paid more money for my gf's christmas necklace than I did for the CE.

People just don't understand that they didn't pay for higher priority, they paid for the collectors edition physical items. So where on the ordering/pre-order page did it say CE's had priority? Oh wait, it didn't.

The only reason you should be angry is if you didn't preorder sooner. Or if you didn't read the rules carefully. People that did have the money to preorder early worked for it, and waited in line earlier than you did. I call that a definite priority. Now, some companies had issues with the pre-order codes. I agree that was a mess, but as an adult it's your responsibility to make sure to get what's needed done for your own sake. No one's going to hold your hand and do it for you.

I ordered on 11/28 because I didn't have enough money to preorder my CE on 7/21. That's called being patient, waiting your turn in line, and being an adult getting what you want by doing what you have to do. Is respect really that far off in the world?

First I would just like to tell all the people who are calling everyone who posts an angry complaint or remark saying that they will never pre-order anything from BioWare again a *********** whiner to back the hell off.

Can you really blame people for being disgruntled? Stop and think about it for a second. Some of you may not understand the value in money (not expecting everyone to) but to certain people, dishing out $60 to $80 is a pretty big chunk of money for a video game. Especially when, for example, I can buy a week's worth of groceries with that kind of money. So don't call people whiners and start flaming people when they feel they haven't gotten what they feel their money was worth.

I probably am also not going to pre-order another Bioware game if they EVER re-use this EGA scheme of sending waves out. I don't think my money has been well spent when I'm sitting here, wasting my time feeling annoyed every hour I check my email and still haven't received anything. A feeling, enhanced by the fact that Bioware has done next to nothing to at least tell us approximately when players will get into the EGA.

I can't help but feel annoyed at this, it's just the way I feel and I can't change it, so I'm very sorry, but spending money to feel annoyed isn't a valid purchase for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. If I pay for a game, I want entertainment and fun, not the opposite.

Anyway, please note that I'm not bashing Bioware's EGA scheme per-se. Maybe it's a good way to set up launch for them, who knows. All I'm saying is that personally it's not my cup of tea as a launch procedure and I'll take no part in any future releases that are similarly planned.

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

to quote Adam Jensen; "I never asked for this."

:p

Life isn't fair. Ask the Zebra with two lioness' on it's back if life is fair. At least you haven't been eaten.

They didn't have to offer EGA, so to say you aren't getting your money's worth is just absurd. Every day up until now they've finished their waves and announced they finished their waves within 4 hours or so, if you spent every other hour of the day checking your email still then you're just...sad.

Stuff happens, and you got two options when they do, man up and move on, or sit there and whine like a little baby. Unfortunately these days most people choose the latter.

(And yes I'm a December pre-order and haven't been invited yet, I've been *gasp* doing other things instead while waiting!)

Bioware is going to have to deal with over populated servers one way or another, weather it be now (let the rest of us in) or at launch. It's GOING to happen, might as well be sooner to fix the issue sooner? Is this logic false?

Right, but they are trying to combat multiple things. It's not just server loads you simpleton. Read the posts by BW and Sr.. Then use that to base your opinions. Don't just snatch your "facts" from the air.

That is the 20th.....

You're absolutely right. They should've let everyone in at once, overloaded the servers so they crashed, that way everyone could have come on here and moaned about that instead. There's alot of people who predicted that and they've missed out on their 'told you so' moment which is quite frankly unacceptable.

I have a brilliant idea, bioware should take down the servers until Friday.

Then see who got access and make them wait at the end of the line.

So those of us at the end are now at the front.

We'll see who's whining, crying, and QQing then.

I'd love to see them post "Due to people belligerently flaming and trolling those not in yet, we have decided to kick you all off, and let them in, then we'll let you in, maybe tomorrow, enjoy!"

Oh the rage that would fill these forums would be epic, so so epic.

And Actually the rage would be warranted because they would be going against what they said they would do. But you know what. I still wouldn't rage because when I see someone get a gift that is better than mine, I don't ***** at the person giving out the gifts about how my gift isn't as good as the other person's. I just say thank you for the gift. Merry Christmas.

Life isn't fair. Ask the Zebra with two lioness' on it's back if life is fair. At least you haven't been eaten.

They didn't have to offer EGA, so to say you aren't getting your money's worth is just absurd. Every day up until now they've finished their waves and announced they finished their waves within 4 hours or so, if you spent every other hour of the day checking your email still then you're just...sad.

Stuff happens, and you got two options when they do, man up and move on, or sit there and whine like a little baby. Unfortunately these days most people choose the latter.

(And yes I'm a December pre-order and haven't been invited yet, I've been *gasp* doing other things instead while waiting!)

LOLOLOL, he must have been the zebra to EA being the lion/lions....

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

If you can't afford $5 to reserve a pre-order spot, then a $15 a month game probably isn't for you.

That is the 20th.....

Nooo. This way people have already created characters.. They already have servers... There isn't mass chaos from people choosing servers. Over populating some while others remain under populated. I know it's hard but please, please use your brains.

Edited by Prosev

Right, but they are trying to combat multiple things. It's not just server loads you simpleton. Read the posts by BW and Sr.. Then use that to base your opinions. Don't just snatch your "facts" from the air.

I've read several post about the staggered access by Bioware, I understand whats happening. Combat multiple things? You mean all things that stem from population density? Simpleton? Go screw yourself *****.

I have to say your arguement is one of the more well reasoned ones out there. But, EGA was originally not even supposed to begin until today.

That said, for the most part, if Bioware had released some schedule of planned EGA admission times most people would have probably been satisfied. This schedule could have been as arbitrary as they wanted it to be. Then if they let people in earlier than their scheduled date/time people would have been very happy.

I also highly doubt that Bioware expected the unbelievably negative response that has grown out of what I'm sure they thought was going to be a nice gesture to the community.

I don't understand the mass of vitriol against people who are frustrated they're not getting to play a game they're looking forward to playing. If you think they're wrong, you don't have to engage and make them feel stupid. Take your own advice and go do something else. It worries me that there is so much hate being thrown around in this community, and the game hasn't even officially launched. If you're upset because you think someone is whining, how does yelling at them improve the situation? I guess it might make you feel better, but wouldn't that also be accomplished by just doing something else?

First I would just like to tell all the people who are calling everyone who posts an angry complaint or remark saying that they will never pre-order anything from BioWare again a *********** whiner to back the hell off.

Can you really blame people for being disgruntled? Stop and think about it for a second. Some of you may not understand the value in money (not expecting everyone to) but to certain people, dishing out $60 to $80 is a pretty big chunk of money for a video game. Especially when, for example, I can buy a week's worth of groceries with that kind of money. So don't call people whiners and start flaming people when they feel they haven't gotten what they feel their money was worth.

I probably am also not going to pre-order another Bioware game if they EVER re-use this EGA scheme of sending waves out. I don't think my money has been well spent when I'm sitting here, wasting my time feeling annoyed every hour I check my email and still haven't received anything. A feeling, enhanced by the fact that Bioware has done next to nothing to at least tell us approximately when players will get into the EGA.

I can't help but feel annoyed at this, it's just the way I feel and I can't change it, so I'm very sorry, but spending money to feel annoyed isn't a valid purchase for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. If I pay for a game, I want entertainment and fun, not the opposite.

Anyway, please note that I'm not bashing Bioware's EGA scheme per-se. Maybe it's a good way to set up launch for them, who knows. All I'm saying is that personally it's not my cup of tea as a launch procedure and I'll take no part in any future releases that are similarly planned.

- Edit -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08TtZcMnSRU&feature=plcp&context=C280bbUDOEgsToPDskLDEKgIcElnVVUwJN_hlLy2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.