torhead vs wowhead

MouseNoFour

Why is the torhead database website so utter rubbish?

When wowhead was first released, it was 10 times better than what torhead currently is.

If i wanted to see the very basic loot table of the very first boss in the very first instanced zone, i could. With torhead, almost nothing has changed in the past month. I still cannot find any loot tables whatsoever for the first boss in the first instance zone. Hell, i have to look elsewhere to find that information - and the rest of the internet is drowning in tor's loot tables.

If this is the case, why is torhead so badly behind the rest of the internet? It is meant to be a database, just like its sister site wowhead.

Ive seriously thought about manually adding the loot table to their comments section for each boss.

Because TOR doesn't have mod support, so loot tables and such have to be linked manually. In WoW, there are mods that can record what players loot when and where, which is then uploaded to a database site, parsed, and posted automatically.

This. To be more specific, there is a wowhead addon that records every node/mob/drop that you experience in the game and adds this info to wowhead's db. Once tor allows addons (you know they will) there will be a similar addon for torhead. The more people running the addon, the faster and more accurately the torhead db will update.

If torhead requires an addon, why do other database websites have complete loot tables for almost ever boss?
Because someone takes the time to enter the loot table manually. If you want it in Torhead, add it via a post.

If torhead requires an addon, why do other database websites have complete loot tables for almost ever boss?

I just told you all you need to know. If the ZAM networks sites rely mostly on automated tracking rather than doing things by hand, and TOR doesn't allow mods to automatically track item drops etc., then what conclusion can be drawn about TOR's site?

Think about it.

Just like SWTOR... Torhead.com is newly established and require time to work out the bugs....

Wowhead.com had many years to refine it's database.

Why is the torhead database website so utter rubbish?

When wowhead was first released, it was 10 times better than what torhead currently is.

If i wanted to see the very basic loot table of the very first boss in the very first instanced zone, i could. With torhead, almost nothing has changed in the past month. I still cannot find any loot tables whatsoever for the first boss in the first instance zone. Hell, i have to look elsewhere to find that information - and the rest of the internet is drowning in tor's loot tables.

If this is the case, why is torhead so badly behind the rest of the internet? It is meant to be a database, just like its sister site wowhead.

Ive seriously thought about manually adding the loot table to their comments section for each boss.

I just told you all you need to know. If the ZAM networks sites rely mostly on automated tracking rather than doing things by hand, and TOR doesn't allow mods to automatically track item drops etc., then what conclusion can be drawn about TOR's site?

Think about it.

That torhead is crap?

That torhead is crap?

Wow, really? That's the best conclusion you can arrive at?

It's because people aren't manually updating TORhead.

Incidentally, I am wondering if this is because they just don't care. Seems like until just a day or two ago, the background for the main TORhead page was a huge wallpaper for the last WoW patch, with a link for 7 days free game time. Wonder how much they got paid for that...

Edited by marshalleck

In my personal opinion, it is just the torhead staff being completely lazy. Oh no! There is no automated machine to do our work for us! We cannot do it ourselves!!!

(pay me 5 bucks an hour and i will fill their entire boss loot tables)

If you don't like it don't use it. Or start your own SWTOR database site. Yeesh, get over yourself.

In my personal opinion, it is just the torhead staff being completely lazy. Oh no! There is no automated machine to do our work for us! We cannot do it ourselves!!!

(pay me 5 bucks an hour and i will fill their entire boss loot tables)

Why take $5/hr? If you are really that motivated, make your own site and all keep the profits. That's what I would do if I really cared.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.