George Lucas rumored to be erasing original trilogy (and he should).

loudent

Exactly... and Star Wars fans have even kind of written GL out of the EU... canon levels were reestablished, With A canon including the original three and the EU, with most of the comic books and the some of the games. B Canon includes all games and EU... G Canon is the Prequels, the Cartoon, and some of the out of the Ranch addendums.

The Fan base allows Lucas to play with his toys because we can't stop him, but it doesn't mean we have to stop playing with the ones he doesn't like anymore. He can keep Jar Jar.

Exactly. He can piss and moan about fans retooling his films, but I will always consider Adywan's the true Special Edition. The franchise has grown beyond him, and I'm perfectly entitled to call myself a Star Wars fan and dislike Lucas. I thought Sean Penn was amazing in Mystic River, but I still think he's an obnoxious tool.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly... and Star Wars fans have even kind of written GL out of the EU... canon levels were reestablished, With A canon including the original three and the EU, with most of the comic books and the some of the games. B Canon includes all games and EU... G Canon is the Prequels, the Cartoon, and some of the out of the Ranch addendums.

The Fan base allows Lucas to play with his toys because we can't stop him, but it doesn't mean we have to stop playing with the ones he doesn't like anymore. He can keep Jar Jar.

umm no Nemo, thats not the case, now some fan boys may use that as their personal canon but hideing your head in the sand doesn't change anything.

personally I think this news article is just BS invented for a slow news day

And I'm also not a fan of the prequels and everything they changed (midichlorians anyone?). So yeah, lets not go using blanket statements about groups of people, it makes you sound like an ignorant arse.

Speaking of ignorant, what exactly did midichlorians change? Oh wait, nothing. The original explaination of the force by Obi-wan in EP4 was a layman explaination.

Midichlorian is nothing more than a name for an element thus actually giving a DETAIL of HOW the force is an energy field that binds us and penetraits us...by it being an element, a thing with substance and also explains how SOME can touch the force and others cannot, by them having more midichlorians in them forming a stronger connection with the whole.

The problem with so many old-school fanbois is that they just excepted not knowing any real detail in the Star Wars universe and when things got explained they just didnt like it so are pitching a fit about it all.

It doesnt take away from the misticism of the force at all, it ties the spiritual aspect with a tangable explainable science.

The force is a LIVING intelligent element that lives symbiotically with solid lifeforms that can with great numbers communicate with that lifeform. It actually makes sense. And when Lucas tries to get things to make sense, those that like dumbdown, get pissed.

Speaking of ignorant, what exactly did midichlorians change? Oh wait, nothing. The original explaination of the force by Obi-wan in EP4 was a layman explaination.

Midichlorian is nothing more than a name for an element thus actually giving a DETAIL of HOW the force is an energy field that binds us and penetraits us...by it being an element, a thing with substance and also explains how SOME can touch the force and others cannot, by them having more midichlorians in them forming a stronger connection with the whole.

The problem with so many old-school fanbois is that they just excepted not knowing any real detail in the Star Wars universe and when things got explained they just didnt like it so are pitching a fit about it all.

It doesnt take away from the misticism of the force at all, it ties the spiritual aspect with a tangable explainable science.

The force is a LIVING intelligent element that lives symbiotically with solid lifeforms that can with great numbers communicate with that lifeform. It actually makes sense. And when Lucas tries to get things to make sense, those that like dumbdown, get pissed.

I'm sorry I disagree. The force was a wonderful mystical power, a spiritual force that was part of everything and was between everything, connecting it. How does a rock that isn't alive have living cells? It doesn't.

Edited by Tinasa

Bad troll, go back under your bridge. Where do you get your conspiracies from...

They're not *MY* conspiricy theories. It was a news article from MSNBC regarding star wars. It seems fitting to post a link to it in a forum labled "Star WArs". The article itself says it's rumor and likely not true but presenting pretty interesting evidence that George doesn't like the Original Trilogy.

Read and heed, because I don't feel like repeating myself: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=263750

I don't believe this for one second, not at all. As for everyone rolling out the George Lucas hate, their his films he can do what he wants with them. I'm not a fan of all of his choices, but if he wants to make a change he can do what he wants.

Just stop hating, Mr. Lucas is only one man respect what he did. If you don't like him now, don't like him. You don't need to devote your life to hating everything he ever does because of some choices he made.

Say you made a change to one thing in your life, say paint your house a different color because you like that color. Now, I'm your neighbor and I hate that color. Is it alright for me to start yelling at your because I don't like the color on your house? No, it's your house and you can do what you want with it.

Just get over it.

Good. The original trilogy may be classics but their stories and characters were incredibly poor, they gave way to an expanded universe that's more convoluted and silly then any Super Hero universe (and they're notoriously convoluted and silly) and spawned a bunch of fans that are quite possibly the most annoying fans that have ever existed in nerdom.

Say you made a change to one thing in your life, say paint your house a different color because you like that color. Now, I'm your neighbor and I hate that color. Is it alright for me to start yelling at your because I don't like the color on your house? No, it's your house and you can do what you want with it.

Just get over it.

Shouldn't I have some sort of say if I helped fund that paint job?

I don't believe this for one second, not at all. As for everyone rolling out the George Lucas hate, their his films he can do what he wants with them. I'm not a fan of all of his choices, but if he wants to make a change he can do what he wants.

Just stop hating, Mr. Lucas is only one man respect what he did. If you don't like him now, don't like him. You don't need to devote your life to hating everything he ever does because of some choices he made.

Just get over it.

You're right. George Lucas is only one man. Too bad it takes hundreds of people to make a film, to include cutting-edge special effects that won Oscars and are now being suppressed by that one man.

Nobody's ever said he doesn't have the right to change the films. But we also have every right to give him endless amounts of crap for it. So, y'know, get over it.

Edited by PeepsMcJuggs

This is the biggest bunch of hooey I have seen yet. It's even worse then the notion that the Bearded One is giving up on making movies.

"Doesn't like people playing in his universe"? What about the Star Wars Fan Film awards, or the countless Star Wars books. And, um, the whole reason we are here on this site.

I'm sorry I disagree. The force was a wonderful mystical power, a spiritual force that was part of everything and was between everything, connecting it. How does a rock that isn't alive have living cells? It doesn't.

it was never a part of EVERYTHING. Nor does Midichlorians make it so.

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship" This is an explaination of the energy that makes up the force and anyone that knows anything about an element, an element can be luminous.

He never said it was IN non-living things but between it because as Obi explained "It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it bindsthe galaxy together"

The force is a LIVING thing, as stated in the original movies. You expected it without explaination. You got the explaination, you didnt like it, now you are crying about it because it doesnt fit the view you created of it in your mind.

Me, ill take the explaination that there is a life form that is tied with a group mind, a collective single consciousness that spans the universe, that is all seeing, all knowing and lives in a symbiotic nature with lifeforms over a "oh this person can use an energy no one else can" explaination. The detailed idea at least serves as a basic, realistic explaination which serves science fiction better than a unexplainable power.

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship" This is an explaination of the energy that makes up the force and anyone that knows anything about an element, an element can be luminous.

He never said it was IN non-living things but between it because as Obi explained "It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it bindsthe galaxy together"

The force is a LIVING thing, as stated in the original movies. You expected it without explaination. You got the explaination, you didnt like it, now you are crying about it because it doesnt fit the view you created of it in your mind.

Me, ill take the explaination that there is a life form that is tied with a group mind, a collective single consciousness that spans the universe, that is all seeing, all knowing and lives in a symbiotic nature with lifeforms over a "oh this person can use an energy no one else can" explaination. The detailed idea at least serves as a basic, realistic explaination which serves science fiction better than a unexplainable power.

Did you even bother clicking on the link I gave you? Because you fundamentally misunderstand the problem people have with midichloreans.

Edit: As for your "serves science fiction better": Star Wars isn't, was never intended to be, and never will be, science fiction. It's best that you acknowledge that right now.

Edited by PeepsMcJuggs

Shouldn't I have some sort of say if I helped fund that paint job?

You didnt help fund the paint job.

You bought a copy of a paint job already made. Or are you trying to tell me you are one of the people that invested in it before it was made?

Yeah...thats what I thought.

If you dont like the idea of changes being made, dont buy the changed product, do without it and send a message.

You didnt help fund the paint job.

You bought a copy of a paint job already made. Or are you trying to tell me you are one of the people that invested in it before it was made?

Yeah...thats what I thought.

If you dont like the idea of changes being made, dont buy the changed product, do without it and send a message.

And I don't buy the product. The problem is he took the original, award-winning product off the market.

Cells and elements are part of crude matter. The force and luminous qualities of it are not, as clearly stated above by Yoda. Or should I assume your interpretation of something everyone else takes at face value to be correct? No, it was changed and changed for the worse. The Force was an energy field created by life and was present in ALL THINGS which allows it to be BOUND to all things (and being bound, apart of).

When we see Ghost Anakin and Obi-Wan they aren't there as Elements, they are glowing energy.

Edited by Tinasa

Did you even bother clicking on the link I gave you? Because you fundamentally misunderstand the problem people have with midichloreans.

Did you even read the reply I posted? Because you fundamentally misunderstand that it doesnt matter what anyone thinks about midichloreans...its based in ignorance.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian

in no way do midichlorians do what those people think it does.

Midichlorians does not = the force

Without them, there is no knowledge of the force nor is there a way to interact with it and in no way is it indicated otherwise in the movies.

The creation of midichlorians was a way to explain HOW the force can be used in a scientific explainable way. It does not take away one single bit from the mystical aspect of there being an energy field we can manipulate to be uber leet doods with supapowas!

If he is passing his legacy to me, I will run for President and say this:

'The first thing I am going to do as president, is to issue an executive order (not 66) to declare Star Wars Episode 1 to 3 (i.e. Phantom Menace) non-canon.'.

Edited by alexishomer