Sents need force pull

gofortheko

Exactly, when you get knocked back, which you always will, you can do nothing, specially on the knockback and root. A forcepull would remedy this, since those classes that knock you back can easily stun you right afterwards.

Pull would still be useless - Sniper pops Entrench and becomes immune.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A force pull, if put on a long enough CD, would be a nice addition to our skill set, but I would still be worried about it being OP.

No, we dont need nothink on long cd coz it will be low usable specially in pvp... In fact i think we dont need force push/pull but some cc immunity by time wold be really nice specially as counter for agents. If wanna give senti some kick then make our force sweep work that way in pvp but thats all we should get. We have enough gap closer skills & pull would be op.

Edited by prokonto

No, we dont need nothink on long cd coz it will be low usable specially in pvp... In fact i think we dont need force push/pull but some cc immunity by time wold be really nice specially as counter for agents. If wanna give senti some kick then make our force sweep work that way in pvp but thats all we should get. We have enough gap closer skills & pull would be op.

What is it you think Force Camo is for?

Oh, haven't figured out how Combat actually works? How sad for you...

We do need a pull. Being the only class in the game without a player displacment move sucks ***.

Main reason I am leveling up a commando.

My operative is looking for their displacement move ;). I know the pain but I do have a few range options so not as much. I somehow doubt that there is much of a different feel when using rifle spam a weak grenade or a crouch explosive probe as a sorc channels a damage slow on me after the KB root etc... An illusion of functionality being slighlty more appeasing if you are too dense to perceive the illusion.

What is it you think Force Camo is for?

Oh, haven't figured out how Combat actually works? How sad for you...

No, u fail troll... camo is got nothink to cc, dont allow us fight without cc danger. If u fade then attack enemy he just use his cc later but effect will be same. We cant fight in force camo only get to enemy/escape & what i wanna s skill that allow me acoplish my task under constant cc threat. Besides force camo is allways used for me for drop enemy aggro not for oppener. So u total fail if wanna start attack with it troll. Go back agent's forum.

No, u fail troll... camo is got nothink to cc, dont allow us fight without cc danger. If u fade then attack enemy he just use his cc later but effect will be same. We cant fight in force camo only get to enemy/escape & what i wanna s skill that allow me acoplish my task under constant cc threat. Besides force camo is allways used for me for drop enemy aggro not for oppener. So u total fail if wanna start attack with it troll. Go back agent's forum.

Camo deals with CC if you have it skilled up. Maybe you should learn what the trees you're not currently using are capable of?

Edited by Inarai

Camo deals with CC if you have it skilled up. Maybe you should learn what the trees you're not currently using are capable of?

If they learned how to play they couldn't play the "Woe is me, I need pity because my class sucks, this sky sure does hurt my head" card.

My operative is looking for their displacement move ;).

I've already mentioned this. It doesn't jive with the general "my class is uniquely bad and everything is 4x as powerful as me" mentality so it was savagely attacked by the "but you have stealth" strawman, or otherwise outright ignored.

Edited by Naldaen

No u dont understand... camo if skilled is only root/slow breaker nothink more. It wont help u with operatives stun lock... even if u break one he put another on u= dead senti

Just popped in here from the Sith Assassin forums. Just to say No, you dont need a force pull, you have a charge and an intervene. While you are at it why dont we just throw in a slow and a snare and a stun like the operatives. If you are jealous for Force pull then roll Assassin/Shadow or a Powetech/Vanguard.

Just popped in here from the Sith Assassin forums. Just to say No, you dont need a force pull, you have a charge and an intervene. While you are at it why dont we just throw in a slow and a snare and a stun like the operatives. If you are jealous for Force pull then roll Assassin/Shadow or a Powetech/Vanguard.

This is the Sentinel forums. Guardians have the intervention, not us.

We dont need force pull, but we do need some better range with our attacks.

Stuff like crippling throw and blade storm getting a couple extra meters on their range would be perfect. Right now if we charge a sniper, get knocked back and rooted, we have ZERO things to use, we just sit there holding our ***** if our escape is on CD

its horrible, roots are waaaaaaaaay too effective vs our class.

I think Crippling Throw needs to have a baseline slow component. Talented, it'd be a root. But now, it's just a low-damage healing reduction for a relatively steep price. Limited usefulness - I already eat healers alive as Annihilation, and Crippling Throw seems to be a group gimmick at this point.

As for range, we used to have 15-meter range on our Force attacks. Bioware who play Sorcs (no denying that, there was a DH interview and one of the devs openly admitted it) thought that 15-meter range is actually useful and reduced it to 10.

Edited by Helig

But we're talking about Snipers, not Operatives.

No, fail again. We talkin about SENTINELS. U think i wanna skill which will be work with only one class? That kind of skill will help alot with constat sorc's heavy cc spam too for example.

Edited by prokonto

No, fail again. We talkin about SENTINELS. U think i wanna skill which will be work with only one class? That kind of skill will help alot with constat inq heavy cc spam too for example.

No, I was talking about the suggested ability in reference to a Sentinel fighting a Sniper. Very specifically.

ya, no, it's called don't charge in and only use the charge in when you get knocked backed. Nothing wrong with this class at all, just have to learn the play style better.

Not entirely true actually. Force Leap as an opener is situational and can be used as one quite comfortably with even basically knowledge of positioning. It's not exactly hard to get your back to something to get a panicking opponent to waste their KB on you.

Of course Force Leaping to someone at high HP that is out on the open is stupid but that's what Force Camouflage, Transcendence and Teammates are for.

Scoundrels/Operatives would like a word with you.

I've never seen a bigger "everyone's picking on me and we have to fight every pull uphill, in the snows, blindfolded, with no shoes on!" group of people than Sent/Marauder boards.

It's simply because most sent/mara are bad players. No other explanation makes sense because this is nothing more than a request to be completely unkitable as a melee player.

try not to use your force leap when you first engage an enemy, save it for that first inevitable knockback. you will never have trouble staying on an enemy after that.

the request for another gap closer simple means you arent making full use of your leap.

Force pull makes us op.

Gives us force push so we can get somee extra utility for huttbal and also make it refresh force leap cd as guardians. Great synergy with focus!

And most of all it would make me feel more... Jedi'y.

Or make it some kind of alternate version, just as we have an alternate version of Saber Throw.

1 Force is as negligable as you can get it though without it beeing free.

It costs 1 force because it is the best interrupt in the game. Shortest CD if Annihilation/Watchman spec of 6 seconds with 4 seconds of interrupt.

Actually I think Powertech/Vanguard has an 8 second interrupt that can be talented down to 6 in the crappy do not use middle dps tree.

Edited by Caribroo

Ahem. 1 Force is 12% of your resource pool. 8 Heat (What my interrupt costs on my Powertech) is 12.5% of my resource pool.

Doesn't seem much larger?

we dont always have focus, you have to work to build your heat making your interrupt available on demand. Not a huge difference sure, but in pvp it is noticeable.

Force pull makes us op.

Gives us force push so we can get somee extra utility for huttbal and also make it refresh force leap cd as guardians. Great synergy with focus!

And most of all it would make me feel more... Jedi'y.

agreed!