The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We are the laughing stock of PvP

DarthAgonus

I always feel like I am rocking playstyle-wise, but my gear is still so awful that it's hard for me to compare to other people at 50. Currently have two Centurion items and three Champion items. It's not easy to do PvP against a full team of Battlemasters. In fact, you won't hurt them much.

Pre-50 I'd be demolishing everything with a red health bar, was always top 3 in damage in the game, and nearly always went "Unbeatable" or better. Granted, I never had over 300k damage (due to not as much health on non-50s, I presume).

Yes, I don't do as well anymore at the end screen stat-wise, but gameplay-wise I feel I'm doing more for the team than before I hit 50.

Once I hit Battlemaster, I'll post again.

Tip for new 50s- use Valorous Call/Frenzy ~58 seconds before the match starts. For Huttball and Voidstar just look at the timer, for Alderaan, it's when the commander starts talking, there's about 50 seconds there from when he talks until when you hit the ground after the speeder.

Starting the match with Predation or Transcendence can change the match, especially if you have it traited for 80% run speed.

Also, fun trick, with 80% run speed, you can leap completely across the acid pits in huttball without touching the acid and being slowed.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh...

NO ONE is better at solo holding a node than a Sent/Mara. As for ball running, only people better than us are Guardians (2 leaps) and Tactics Vanguards/Powertechs. With how bad the DPS output on Tactics is though, the CC immunity and movement speed are the only good things in the tree, so you don't see the latter often. It's a tie with full-tank Vanguards, they're more durable than we are, but they're also slower than we are, and we have better defensive cooldowns (Rebuke, Saber Ward, Guarded by the Force, and Pacify vs Reactive shield and smoke grenade).

Fair enough. We are decent at defending, but I would still rather have a tank defending. I still don't think that is enough to make us an "in demand" pvp class. I like my character, this isn't QQ, I just would like a little bit of PVP viability, that isn't pure "Point and Kill".

I suppose it's mutual then. Btw, you're going to get there eventually, I know it. ;)

All I know is I've been saying it for months, and now that there are a lot of people learning the class, I'm starting to hear guildies and teammates cursing Maruaders quite often.

If you're a bad player, you're going to be terrible as a marauder. If you're a good player but inexperienced as a marauder, you're not going to do that much. If you're a good player that knows marauders, you're going to be the most dangerous person in the match*.

*Provided there isn't an exceptionally lucky DPS powertech or vanguard. I'd prefer consistency to luck anyday of the week though.

You can correct my poor grammar all you want, you can even spew your crap about good player vs bad player as if playing a marauder is extremely difficult that only a select niche can do it well, you can even gloat and post screen shots of someone that heal bot you in a warzone and you pulling massive numbers, thats fine.

But dont act like you know what you are talking about because you can quote a few key scenario's that usually never happen as you are describing. But please carry on with your delusions, i enjoy reading the terrible logic with your arguments.

Marauders are scary. The rage mechanic gives them by far the best sustained damage in PvP. Their burst isn't amazing but if you don't kill them their DPS just never goes down.

I always make sure marauders are taunted and CC'd as much as possible. Without this they tear through just about anything.

Uh...

NO ONE is better at solo holding a node than a Sent/Mara. As for ball running, only people better than us are Guardians (2 leaps) and Tactics Vanguards/Powertechs. With how bad the DPS output on Tactics is though, the CC immunity and movement speed are the only good things in the tree, so you don't see the latter often. It's a tie with full-tank Vanguards, they're more durable than we are, but they're also slower than we are, and we have better defensive cooldowns (Rebuke, Saber Ward, Guarded by the Force, and Pacify vs Reactive shield and smoke grenade).

Lethality Ops(or their repub mirror) are better for node holding... 21s AoE DoT's and stealth is troll mode defending at it's best.

Saying the Marauder is a weak class is just wrong. I'm running 300 dps and can deal out around 14k+ in a good burst you just have to use it right. I admit i am pissed that a melee class has no CC other than Diasable droid. on pvp people steer clear of Marauder's 1on1 because they know they'll get wrecked. I drop people so fast in pvp that they gang up on me then i cloak out and kill em again when im resisting 50-99% of they're damage. All the Spec tree's are good. You just have to realise they spec either your melee or Force abilities. I run Anni, but i pvp Carnage so quit sayin we need heavy armor or this or that. that'd make us a tank dps and that'd be unfair for other players

Lethality Ops(or their repub mirror) are better for node holding... 21s AoE DoT's and stealth is troll mode defending at it's best.

I was looking at it more from a "best at holding the node and not needing support" rather than "best at holding the node until help arrives", but yes, Lethality/Dirty fighting is overpowered as hell for defending objectives, though your death count is going to be high.

@Hoseman, you'll notice I'm the one providing our strengths, you're saying they don't get used, but you're not defining what would assumingly be the rest of the Marauder PvP experience.

Do Marauders require a hell of a lot more out of their player than most classes? Yep. Does this level of play reward the player with an unrivaled wrecking ball? Yep. Does this level of play exclude a lot of players? Yep. Does this level of play on marauder make alts boring? Yep. Does there need to be a outlet for the highest tier of player? Yep. Did Bioware make a mistake by making that outlet also the LOLIHAZ2GLOWSTICKS class? Yep. Is that mistake damning? Nope.

Nothing he said wasn't true. It's impossible to kill me 1 v 1 if I have all my cooldowns. IMPOSSIBLE! Unless of course you're also a marauder, or a operative who can stun lock me.

Even 1v2 I'm a hard *** kill.

I to support this message. A GEARED Rage Spec marauder is an ANIMAL!!!

ONLY... repeat ONLY way to kill them 1 v 1 is to STUN lock them. Thats it. And if ur DUMB enough to go against one 2 v 1.. and your grouped together tightly... you will die for being dumb.. the SMASH will kill you both.. FAST.

But a Geared Fire specced Powertech will definitely give us a run for our money... Ouch.

And again.. they are HARD to play. And easily CC/Stunned if focused. I believe I'm Kill On Sight first in every pvp match.

Edited by Blaaine

A good played marauder is the class I fear most on my Powertech. They simply tear me a new one.

Right... BUT you guys just pull us into the fire and we die... That crap needs nerfed. Insta kill BS on anyone is just plain retarded.

Edited by Blaaine

ONLY... repeat ONLY way to kill them 1 v 1 is to STUN lock them. Thats it. And if ur DUMB enough to go against one 2 v 1.. and your grouped together tightly... you will die for being dumb.. the SMASH will kill you both.. FAST.

But a Geared Fire specced Powertech will definitely give us a run for our money... Ouch.

And again.. they are HARD to play. And easily CC/Stunned if focused. I believe I'm Kill On Sight first in every pvp match.

Im sorry but i have to disagree.... rage is a very good spec and in a grp scenario smash is amazing... even on a single target u can get a 5k crit with it... this said i know how rage works. on my anni mara im gona pump u full of bleed sthat will tick for 1-2k also healing me. my anniahlate also hits u for 3-5k... u have to choke or forcecrush me. so the moment i see that dot im looking for ur 4 stacks... the moment u have them im poping my cd and mitigate that smash... now what do u have? my bleeds for the next 9 seconds are going to heal me back up for the most part... all the while ur taking more bleed ticks... u can def put out the dmg but any halfwit anni mara will counter it easy

This right here. 3.5-6k aoe on 9 second cooldown along with 6 free cleaves that crit for 2-4k.

Voidstar? Playground.

Huttball? Stomping ground.

Civil War? They can't just defend with 2. You will kill them and cap, every time (unless one of them lands a long stun when your resolve is like 900 etc. and you thus end up stunlocked for ~15 seconds).

The only people who think Marauder isn't the most feared thing on the field, are annihilation marauders or people who only fight against annihilation marauders.

stun lock isnt the only way to kill them

an easy way to kill a rage marauder is to spec your marauder annihilation

i beat rage marauders constantly

you can all but nullify their smashes, which makes them pretty useless

... but yea, aside from that, there isnt much anyone can do to stop a rage marauder

as a lvl 47 sniper, i tend to target 3 people first.

1 healers: for an obvious reason they annoy the living crap out of me while i try to kill the other 2.

2 Marauder: y? not because they are weak but because like me, if unchecked, can dominate the field.

3 other snipers,casters: once again left unchecked they dominate the field.

now, the only thing i think a Marauder needs is a bump up on deflection rate. assassins, and juggs i tend to have a harder time killing due to deflection (i deal enough damage to bust through armor). marauders are usually dead on 3k damage hits :jawa_tongue: but other than that and l2p problems. Marauders are fun to play with and hard to fight.