• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^thats why^^^^

Go anni till BW tweaks carnage.

NEVER under 3rd in damage and kills.

Mostly 2nd to aoe classes

the link you gave is BS, if you read that thread everyone is laughing their asses off for a call to nerf Marauders

and if you're running around DPSing people in hutball good for you, bad for the team.

Until combat logs are introduced all these "Marauders are uber, L2P" posts are beyond stupid

Until combat logs are introduced all these "Marauders are uber, L2P" posts are beyond stupid

You don't really NEED a combat log. You can just go by feel. For example I took a Pyro PT, Deception Sin and Anni Mara through Hoth, in basically 2 days. So I could easily compare how all three classes handled the content. Everyone was the same level, too, and virtually identical gear.

From what I saw, Sin was by far the weakest. I respecced back to Darkness (tanking) and took out a DPS companion and it went a little better, but still worse than others.

PT was second. Overall not bad, and damage was OK, but definitely not even close to what a Mara can dish out.

And Mara went through it like a hot chainsaw through butter.

The thing is, that's PvE. Mobs stay still and don't interrupt. Though they do knock back/down every now and again. In PvP, it's a whole other ball game. I CAN do damage, huge damage, but only against a team that allows me to. Otherwise I get either killed or chain CCd, whichever is easier, just because I HAVE to be in melee range. It's not a choice. Where on my Sin, I can just force pull one target to me, and his buddies will be hard pressed to intervene half the time. And as a PT I can still do respectable damage from range.

What I feel we need is a force pull on a short cooldown. We can't be kited as it is right now, 1v1, so it won't make us OP. But it will allows us to peel for the ball carrier, or pluck people out of mass melee and cut them down 1v1 the way the class it intended to work.

I usually get singled out in PVP because most of the PVPers on my server have realized by now how much Maras hurt when left unchecked... And I like to bust on healers, so even more am I a target.

Scrubbles and newbies just ignore maras for the first have, then have an epiphany when I take them out 1v1 a couple times and barely drop in HP.

Sure, I don't have the crazy kind of burst that Ops have, but a properly sync'd Berserk with a relic pop (or, if Frenzy is up with BT), the flow of crits and a nice Anni crit take out about 8-10k depending on gear. That's usually what gets me in trouble, but I do whatever I can to not die.

Best record so far, 38-0 but I had a fresh 50 healer following me around for part of it.

Annihilation for life.

I honestly could care less about overall damage in a PVP match. expecially huttball.. Honestly I take the time to tear down the healers/ball carriers. Not fight in the center of the map trying to get my kills/damage score high and get medals. If you want to do that, roll a sorc and you'll be sitting with 400k damage and 100k healing almost every match

Its not hard to go around dotting or ae everything and go "look Im awesome", But when your team wins because you tore down the enemy ball carrier every single time, Kind of feel like the unsung hero..

Marauders are fine. In PVE even more so as someone stated NPCS generallly dont move around much.

I may get stomped from time to time, but I too am most certainly not the "laughing stock" of anything. Even REAVR, the most prominent Pub guild on Vornskr, will burn any marauder they see, regardless of spec, ASAP because they know what we can do if left unchecked.

Getting shredded as a priority target should make you proud. That's the enemy recognizing the threat you represent and scrambling to neutralize it.

I support this.

I appreciate it. I feel it's an awesome idea and would be an easy way to make sure that Ravage gets off all the time. Especially considering the Rage tree gets a perk that allows Ravage to be uninterruptable. (It's a Tier 4 Perk).

http://i.imgur.com/BsRbw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dVZRg.jpg

Well here's the score board for 2 pretty average matches for me....

I'm only in 3 pieces of Champion and 1 piece of Centurion armor. I have laughably bad lightsabers... yet I'm still able to top damage charts on a regular basis, often by around 100k over the next guy. But the OP is right... we are the laughing stock of PvP... because most people don't play Marauders right and they give us a bad name.

HOWEVER... in the RIGHT HANDS, the Marauder is literally the best PvP class in this game. This class is not for bads, plain and simple. If you honestly think the Marauder is the worst PvP class in this game, THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!. Go roll a Mercenary.

Anyone who believes we are underpowered in PvP is a fool. I have been playing the class since beta and was one of the first 50 Marauders on my server. Learn to play the class the way it's meant to be played and you'll do fine.

My first PvP experience on the Illum bg was vs. a Marauder. It wasn't even a match. .Melee DPS sucks.

Was he trying to press keys with his tongue? Melee DPS only sucks as much as the person behind the keyboard, and Marauder is the best melee DPS class in the game....

http://i.imgur.com/dVZRg.jpg

Well here's the score board for 2 pretty average matches for me...

I'm kinda concerned by this. If Marauders are good in PvP, one of the "best classes", then why in that second screenshot you guys lost 5 to 0?

I think the prolem is that all Marauders can do is damage, thats it. When other classes can guard, AoE-taunt, and off-heal on top of doing good DPS, it says something. Losing while being top damage, top kills, etc only tells me that you may have been running around just ranomdlly killing people while others were attempting to, ya know, win Huttball?

I'm kinda concerned by this. If Marauders are good in PvP, one of the "best classes", then why in that second screenshot you guys lost 5 to 0?

I think the prolem is that all Marauders can do is damage, thats it. When other classes can guard, AoE-taunt, and off-heal on top of doing good DPS, it says something. Losing while being top damage, top kills, etc only tells me that you may have been running around just ranomdlly killing people while others were attempting to, ya know, win Huttball?

A buddy of mine did some research. He found out that, core stat wise, the bolster buff on the pubs is the same. BUT! They get about 8% more crit than we do, and about 3-5% better defense chance depending on class. His research was done by comparing his similarly geared both level 23 Sage and Sorc. This must apply to the 50's bracket as well. They need to utterly remove the bugged bolster buff from the 50 bracket warzones.