Don't end up like Rift

Darkhosis

Bioware. All I ask from you is to do some homework on previous MMOs and their balancing acts over class balance.

I'll use Rift as an example. They did EXACTLY what you are doing now when they released. They began tampering with class balance for the sake of PVP. Now all the classes are just a homogenized, watered down version of what they were.

You need to make a decision. Is this a PVE game or a PVP game? You can't have both. Trying to balance PVP and PVE together is an impossibility.

Don't ruin my PVE game for the sake of PVP. PVPers are fickle and will never be pleased. They are also your minority playerbase. Don't be another Rift and drive off your MAJORITY (the PVE crowd) with constant class tampering.

I had high hopes for SWTOR but it's easy to see what's happening/going to happen for the sake of PVP balance. The ruination of PVE. Don't be another cliche in the history books of MMOs- Don't be another Rift.

With the millions of different class combinations/specs possible in rift, it makes it a nightmare to balance. Trion generally got the "what to nerf" part right, they just went too far every time so they created an endless FoTM chain.

Aiming for 1v1, group, pvp and pve balance all at the same time while still preserving class diversity is very possible in a game like swtor and i actually think they are quite close to achieving that already.

It seems like it would be easy enough for a game to have abilities that do certain things in PvE and others in PvP. For example, CC's that do not last as long, abilities that do less damage (would be a way to buff PvE damage of op/scoundrel after reducing their burst), debuffs that have different effects, etc. They already reduce our heals in PvP combat to "balance" expertise's effect on healing. Why not do the same with other abilities? That way they can tweak PvP balance without messing with PvE too much. Or the other way around.

It seems like it would be easy enough for a game to have abilities that do certain things in PvE and others in PvP. For example, CC's that do not last as long, abilities that do less damage (would be a way to buff PvE damage of op/scoundrel after reducing their burst), debuffs that have different effects, etc. They already reduce our heals in PvP combat to "balance" expertise's effect on healing. Why not do the same with other abilities? That way they can tweak PvP balance without messing with PvE too much. Or the other way around.

What a brilliant idea, if only you would be one of the devs... seriously they need to be told that, they got in the right direction with taunt and guard, but it seems they lost the path...

I do agree, keep the PVE and PVP changes separate. I don't think its a good idea to change things because of a few weenies that cry in PVP. QUIT cutting classes and instead bring up the other classes. Its ridiculous to try and fix PVP. PVP already gets awesome gear, and other bonuses for doing PVP. Those that don't want to play PVP get consistently punished with NERFs that effect their ability to do PVE stuff.

Bioware you need to decide what type of game you want to be. If its going to be all PVP focus, let us know so we can be morally prepared for it.

Gabe already talked about that and said they were looking into it

Gw system