Nerf PvP Gear, indirect buff PvE Gear, another Bitc*slap for pvpers?

Fantastix

am i getting this right?

pvp gear are due to dimishing return already sucky compared to a mix of pvp/pve

so they are going to nerf pvp gear further more? encourage pvpers doing pve? or rather force em?

is this a joke?

I hope, all they need is implement blue craft pvp gear.

Maybe they're actually planning to buff the T1 sets for PvE and PvP, so they're actually useful by somebody in gear above level 40. That would still close the gap, would make more sense, and... oh wait, it's Bioware. Don't worry about it, the patch notes might say something changed, but we won't be able to tell a difference.

Bout 3-4 other posts in here quoting that 1.2 will 'reduce the gap' between battle masters and cent gear. Bringing bm stats down.

could I suggest reading the dev post

That might help, instead of reading people's hysterical overreactions

could I suggest reading the dev post

That might help, instead of reading people's hysterical overreactions

I'm considering panic. Right about the same time someone shows me patch notes for 1.2. Ones I found are 1.1.2, and it's just going to be a (failed attempt at) change to the rate of token drops out of bags.

Remember: Be nervous when they say they want to make Champ more powerful and abundant. The way they go these days, that's when it will get weaker and more rare.

I'm considering panic. Right about the same time someone shows me patch notes for 1.2. Ones I found are 1.1.2, and it's just going to be a (failed attempt at) change to the rate of token drops out of bags.

Remember: Be nervous when they say they want to make Champ more powerful and abundant. The way they go these days, that's when it will get weaker and more rare.

If a dev didn't post it, I wouldn't bother taking other players complaints about a mythical change seriously.

If a dev didn't post it, I wouldn't bother taking other players complaints about a mythical change seriously.

Yeah, I'm entirely unconcerned, honestly. I'm mostly pointing out that currently, patch notes read like wishful thinking or lies, depending on how charitable you're willing to be, and that people are overreacting based on what currently seems to be minimal information.

Of course, dry sarcasm is hard to read in plain text.

am i getting this right?

so they are going to nerf pvp gear further more? encourage pvpers doing pve? or rather force em?

is this a joke?

You're looking at this all wrong.

Look at it like this. You have a game where the entry for new PvPers (50) is pretty high. If you're not winning, then chances are the grind for gear is even longer. This is VERY apparent for Reps on most servers.

Anyhow, you end up with a ton of people being frustrated and leaving. Thus, you lower the bar to get more people running on the hamster wheel.

WoW did this when they made it so you could get higher level gear with Honor Points. It's mudflation and it's to keep ppl playing.

Don't get too caught up in it. Once everyone has the same gear, the baddies will still be getting stomped. Ultimately, most will uninstall long before anything that is REALLY new is implemented.

You're looking at this all wrong.

Look at it like this. You have a game where the entry for new PvPers (50) is pretty high. If you're not winning, then chances are the grind for gear is even longer. This is VERY apparent for Reps on most servers.

Anyhow, you end up with a ton of people being frustrated and leaving. Thus, you lower the bar to get more people running on the hamster wheel.

WoW did this when they made it so you could get higher level gear with Honor Points. It's mudflation and it's to keep ppl playing.

Don't get too caught up in it. Once everyone has the same gear, the baddies will still be getting stomped. Ultimately, most will uninstall long before anything that is REALLY new is implemented.

so if they are gonna nerf pvp gear how will they change the situation for the better?

all they do is punishing real or only pvpers while rewarding pveers... so the newb 50st get stomped by pvers instead of pvpers... no change at all, they just make pves even better in pvp... at least thats what would happen if they d really nerf pvp gear... i guess

No, this is a welcomed fix for PVPers. Only carebears that get by on gear in PVP will be affected.

Looking forward to when this is implemented.

please think before posting we all have to read the crap this will reward pve'r(carebares) by not having to pvp to get the best gear to wz in like all the other morons you should look up why pvp gear was made then try to understand it then maby when you speak it wont sound like im crapping in a toilet

please think before posting we all have to read the crap this will reward pve'r(carebares) by not having to pvp to get the best gear to wz in like all the other morons you should look up why pvp gear was made then try to understand it then maby when you speak it wont sound like im crapping in a toilet

Run on sentence much?

Is it really that hard to comprehend "lowering the gap" could mean introducing a new PvP set, that can be farmed with just Warzone commendations prior to hitting 50 (but can't equip it til 50) with about half the expertise as BM gear?

No no no must mean my BM gear is going to be **** and PvE gear will rule! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

so if they are gonna nerf pvp gear how will they change the situation for the better?

all they do is punishing real or only pvpers while rewarding pveers... so the newb 50st get stomped by pvers instead of pvpers... no change at all, they just make pves even better in pvp... at least thats what would happen if they d really nerf pvp gear... i guess

Well, consider that there are more PvE-ers than PvP-ers. The goal is to keep a majority playing. I know it's insulting to think of it in context, but in reality the largest player population gets all the "love". Thus, pvp gear nerf.

Remember, their job is to keep people playing. So content, rewards, grinds, whatever it takes.

Sheesh man. Did you read the massively.com article where they're recruiting guild leaders to attend symposiums on how to make SWTOR better? This game is not 2 months old and the panic is already coming down from on high.

Be ready for more nerfs/tweeks/etc. that makes it look like they're trying to appeal to 8 year old girls.

I don't want to be forced to raid or pay AH gouger prices to be competitive in pvp. If that's what I have to do at level 50, I'll probably keep rolling alts and stay 10-49, sad to say.

Oh, because it's "competitive" to wtfroflpwn level 10s with no abilities?

there is NO EVIDENCE FOR A NERF ON PVP GEAR!!!

here is the dev post, the only one i know of and ever saw here in the forums conerning the topic:

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.

and one statement i forgot the source where a dev only says that they want to narrow a bit the gap between new 50s and longtime ones in pvp. THAT'S ALL!

am i getting this right?

is this a joke?

No it's just you overreacting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.