Armsmech crafting is pointless!!

Majestic-

This games crafting is pointless. It costs more to make items then to simple sell the raw materials.

Why is it so hard to make credits in this game?? I am 400/400 and giving up. I am hoping to recoup my losses by selling off raw material.

Last word, whoever developed the crafting in this game really should be fired. Does anyone know who the individuals are? because the next game that I buy that involves crafting I would like to make sure that they had nothing to do with it.

This games crafting is pointless. It costs more to make items then to simple sell the raw materials.

Why is it so hard to make credits in this game?? I am 400/400 and giving up. I am hoping to recoup my losses by selling off raw material.

Last word, whoever developed the crafting in this game really should be fired. Does anyone know who the individuals are? because the next game that I buy that involves crafting I would like to make sure that they had nothing to do with it.

You, dear sir, appear not to have the slightest clue about the crafting system in this game.

Man they are johnny on the spot with replies to the Guild Summit issues.

Biochem keeps getting tweaked so you don't get laughed at for having any other crafting skill.

Ask where the armstech schematics and items are... *crickets*

Welcome to the party.

Ikr, I put up purple blasters everyday on GTN, nothing ever sells. I'm tempted to just trash it all at the NPCs. Completely a waste of my time.

Well, keep in mind that blasters are sold to Smugglers... I.e., the least popular class. ;)

I honestly think the best crafting was SWG but that crafting was very difficult to first learn but it was a great system.

The system in which crafting required the best resources to be good? Limited locations had the resources, the first come first serve for harvesters to monopolize resources indefinitely?

I will admit the system was interesting but to me lead to people monopolizing the system fairly easily and rewarded veteran players a lot. I did like the idea that you got metals that were tougher the armor would have more life, more resistant to elements meant more resistant to element gear, etc. This leads into a lot of complexity and lead to most crafters making worthless gear without monopolizing the materials and stacking all the bonuses they could. If i remember correctly anything less than 70% kinetic resistance was looked down upon at points. I will admit it had some merits though. The system underwent a lot of changes though but having to min max crafting stats and material before being able to sell competitive gear seems a bit absurd if there are things like raid gear and other sources that are better.

SWG also forced the need for player made items, there was no other real way to get good items. Some of these systems worked well in SWG but I do not think they would transfer super well into other MMOs where player based goods are not main priority of development but rather high end raiding. I liked SWG and think things worked there but it was not perfect by any means. I spent a lot trying to craft the best gear and never did too well and when gear was eventually normalized I tried again and with near perfect mats and pretty much max bonuses I was never able to craft the max gear. A lot was required of crafters in that game.

As far as armstech is concerned though, isnt it the only source for crit crafted orange guns that have augment slots? I know I have been checking on my server for them regularly but no is ever selling one and I have been willing to spend quite a bit. I have seen lightsabers with the augment slot but no one seems to bother with the guns.

Edited by Saldrex

As far as armstech is concerned though, isnt it the only source for crit crafted orange guns that have augment slots? I know I have been checking on my server for them regularly but no is ever selling one and I have been willing to spend quite a bit. I have seen lightsabers with the augment slot but no one seems to bother with the guns.

True. But all Armstech orange schematics take 3x Biometric Crystal Alloy. So you have to run lots of heroic FPs or Ops to get the mats, and then be able to use those mats to craft gear for sale (rather than for yourself or your guild), and then you have to luck into critting the build.

I'd be happy if they gave us some unsocketed orange weapons we could make with standard mats. One of my guildies is a Synthweaver and does decent credits making orange gear for sale on the GTN. No one wants to buy blue or even purple weapons on my server, and barrels are a joke since 8 daily commendations gets you better barrels than we can make.

Every single ops I run, I get synthweaving recipes. I find this a little ridiculous considering there is more than just synthweavers in our group! In fact I am the only one, so I get all the drops and feel intensely guilty. Please for the love of god, even out the balance of schematic drops for all crew skills in ops.

The second highest drop rate seems to be armormech followed by cybertech. I have not seen a purple armstech drop whatsoever, I saw one biochem schematic drop so far. This is seriously skewed.

Edited by Nightfox_

Given Investigation Missions cost basically nothing my Armstech bottleneck has always been Zal Alloys.

Regardless, I've been able to sell level 50 artifact weapons (aim/cunning rifles, snipers, blasters and Techstaves, Vibroswords, Electrostaves) easily (same day as listing) for around 25k, moderately (1-2 day listing) for around 35k, and inconsistently (sometimes or never) for around 45k.

Mastercrafts, I can usually get 90-100k, but they don't always sell right away.

In a game where a lot of people roll alts and that credits aren't horribly difficult to grind out many people find that spending some, on a quick stopover weapon for them to get into HM FPs while they grind out their daily commendations is a worthwhile purchase.

For the record, any given Artifact costs me about 5k or less to craft (A single purple Scavenging mission costs ~10-15k and returns 30-35 Durasteel and Zal Alloy and a single purple Investigation Mission costs ~1.5-3k and returns 4-8 Ultrachrome) Each piece costing I believe ~4-6 Durasteel, 4-6 Zal Alloy, and 4 Ultrachrome.

There was the overhead of REing all of these recipes to begin with (I probably ran 20-25 Investigation Missions and 10-15 Scavenging Missions along with world scavenging) to get a good set of patterns that I've been able to sell (ie no presence or defense stats on items that don't need them)

All in all, I've made a few million and invested probably 300-400k.

Oh and people DEFINITELY buy artifact weapons pre-50, I only have a handful of those patterns though since the materials aren't too easy to come by on my server at least, but they usually outsell the level 50 artifacts.

As a money making profession, Armstech is fine on margins because your costs are so low.

As a profession that gives the crafter any performance or real world gains... probably the worst.

Edited by leihn

Given Investigation Missions cost basically nothing my Armstech bottleneck has always been Zal Alloys.

For the record, any given Artifact costs me about 5k or less to craft (A single purple Scavenging mission costs ~10-15k and returns 30-35 Durasteel and Zal Alloy and a single purple Investigation Mission costs ~1.5-3k and returns 4-8 Ultrachrome) Each piece costing I believe ~4-6 Durasteel, 4-6 Zal Alloy, and 4 Ultrachrome.

Hmm... I didn't realize purple Scavenging missions yielded such good returns. In that case, I may have to invest, because yeah, Zal Alloy is by far my most limited resource (I have well over 100 Ultrachrome).

Otherwise, I guess I'll have to look into it more thoroughly. Maybe I've just had bad luck.

Crafting itself is really good.

The system for trading with other players, AKA GTN, is awful. The GTN is awful for Crafters, traders, and buyers all at the same time.

If you want to build something and you need resources then you have to bring up your crafting menu. This will tell you what you need. Now if you want to go buy something the menu system forces you to close this information and bring up the GTN along with your inventory. Select the correct fields in the GTN and you can start browsing for resources.

In my experience I spend enough time looking for one item that I forget the next item I need and have to go close the GTN, open up my companion tree, open up the crafting menu, then I can see the resources. Then I have to close all that to open up the gtn again which has completely reset so I have to go back and choose my specific resource category, search again, then type in a word to find what I need, then I have to browse and compare price per unit over many pages until I finally find the items I want at the best price available.

All that is simply buying resources. I'm not even going ot get into how annoying it is to sell resources, to go spend your time listing things, looking up competitive prices, then waiting an hour to get your funds when they finally sell.

The GTN is the problem. It needs to be much more efficient on all fronts.

When they fix this we will then have to see how all that fairs in comparison to using npc vendors and commendations because having blue items for sale on those make it a huge waste of time to go look on the GTN. You're better off questing, you'll earn credits, commendations and advance your character and be able to get all the gear you need. Or you could go to the GTN, spend credits, not earn any credits, and not advance your level while you're shopping/waiting for the item you want to come available.

I'm a lvl 400 cyber and the only things I bothered making were for myself. I consider it a waste of time to make things for sale on the market. The amount of time you'll spend getting everything in place and checking prices will be better spent doing anything else.

The only thing I'm doing now is running slicing missions and underworld trading mission. I need scavenging missions and rank 5 gifts. Once everyone is at top affection they'll be slicing all day every day trying to get missions to drop. (and plenty do)

I might go buy some armor for my companions as well, might as well use this 400 cyber...

The way I see it as a newbie to crafting, and low level at it, there's no incentive to make me craft. By the time you've started, as in got your ship and the droid, you're constantly playing catch up, by that I mean you have an additional crew member wiggling thumbs on ship.

from that point on all the gear you can craft is at a lower level or you've picked better gear up, selling it isn't worth the credits, and the mats you need for gear you've reverse engineered is hard to come by, so by the time you get that missing mat the piece of gear is even less worth crafting. The auction is useless as nobody wants to buy gear with lower stats than what they've picked up while doing missions.

The only craft I've seen useful early on is artifice, you can make crystals with extra stats fairly easily that are useful.

These are just my thoughts on crafting, I may be wrong, someone's bound to correct me at some point.

You, dear sir, appear not to have the slightest clue about the crafting system in this game.

Wow, and you have no clue about armstech. I just recently dropped armstech because the only thing people would buy for any sort of profit was the epic barrel, the rest was a waste of my time. What do you sell, for how much and how quickly, to make huge profits, Gorlough?