Kil's art thread --- Reloaded ^^

Spartanash

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy :)

Made a major overhaul on the female char's body (proportions, pose, anatomy, ect.). It should look better now :3 Last WIP most likely before finished piece ^^

Anyways, I changed the scene a bit ^^ Added the busy city of Nar Shadda. Not following how it actually looks tho, would be kinda troublesome to find solid screenshots fomr in-game XD Just gone after my own mind X)

Anyways, mostly done :) Need to finish and poish some of the parts of the girl + make the background. Ah, and finish the sith guy ^^ Not much to make on him tho xD

Anyways, without further ado, here is the pic:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/047/6/c/commission___sensitive_matters_wip_3_by_tanathiel-d4pwo68.jpg

I have to ask -- what programs do you use to paint up these things! They're stunning!

And if you're still taking requests, please let me know, I'm definitely interested. :3

Actually... nothing special:

Photoshop CS 2 and a Genius tablet (PenSketch 8'x12' one ^^)

Not the best equipment (kinda cheap) but works :)

Will get a better PS tho, want to get Win 7 and CS 2 wont work on it xD lol ^^

Aside of that, yes you can put up a request. Still, you have to wait, since I make the commissions first ^^; If thats not a problem then sure, put up a character request here :)

Easier to track if its in one place ;)

Actually... nothing special:

Photoshop CS 2 and a Genius tablet (PenSketch 8'x12' one ^^)

Not the best equipment (kinda cheap) but works :)

Will get a better PS tho, want to get Win 7 and CS 2 wont work on it xD lol ^^

Aside of that, yes you can put up a request. Still, you have to wait, since I make the commissions first ^^; If thats not a problem then sure, put up a character request here

Oooh, awesome! Of course I don't mind; paid work always comes first. But, I have a Chiss Mercenary BH -- info about her is here, and I'd really love to see what you do with her look.

But again, take all the time you need, I understand what a request is, and thanks in advance! :3

Hey ppl :)

Here is the finished piece of my latest commission ^^

I like how it turned out on a few places :3 First time drawing a bar scene actually xD

Try to find the item I've borrowed from the Final Fantasy: Spirits Within on the pic ;)

Anyways, without further ado, here is the finished artwork :3

Hope you guys like it ;)

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/055/c/f/commission___sensitive_matters_by_tanathiel-d4q839q.jpg

Edited by Spartanash

do you do custom requests?

Actually this piece is a custom built commission. As for requests, as long as it stays in the boundries of a single character, its ok. I wont do as detailed and good work as with a commission, since its a request, but still I try to portray the character as good as possible =)

So yea, custom requests are ok ^^

So far I've done only like that tbh :p

Here's my character sheet, Kil. I put it into a spoiler box to save space, it's pretty big and I didn't want to clutter your thread.

Have fun with it! :)

Gallery: http://sohsoo.swtorhosting.com/gallery/m/1691939/album/21348

I allow for artist's liberties. I'd ask that you stay as close as possible to my specifications, but as the artist it is your right to make your own interpretations. :)

If there are any details required that are not addressed below, please feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to explain anything further.

Species: Cathar Subspecies

First Name: Marik

Nickname: Mar

Surname: Vash

Height: 5' 11"

Weight: 145lbs.

Hair Color/Style: Medium/dark-brown, slightly wavy, base of neck length, middle parted and windswept style

Fur Color: Yellow-Brown/Tan-Orange

Facial Appearance: Youthful but appears older than his age. Handsome but scruffy. (“Who’s scruffy lookin’!?”) Slight dark brown facial hair, "stubble". The tip of his left ear is torn. He wears a smirk on his face so often that it can almost be considered a permanent facial feature.

Eye Color: Cat-like slit pupils. Heterochromatic irises, right eye is Golden Orange and left is Silvery Viridian. His eyes allow him to see in the dark.

Body Appearance: Agile, tall, slender,well-toned but not overly muscular; and of course a tail with a dark brown tuft of fur at the end. (*NOTE* I know Cathar don’t have tails, but mine do. This is simply a personal preference of mine. I appreciate when artists keep the tail, however it is not required.)

Home Planet: Tatooine

Current Residence: The 'Horizon' (Personal starship)

Allegiances: Allegiances owed to his crew, himself, and then the Republic; in that order.

Profession: Smuggler, Pirate, Professional pain in the rear to many law enforcement branches

Armor/Clothes: Light leather and cloth. Loose, but not baggy. Brown leather duster with durasteel plating on the left shoulder, faded tan fiber pants, brown overcoat with off-white button-down undershirt, high brown leather boots with durasteel plating, brown leather fingerless gloves with durasteel plating, dark red bandanna around his neck, brown leather blaster and detonator belt, green rucksack clipped over his right shoulder, and brown leather utility bandolier over his left shoulder over the top of his duster that holds his shotgun in a sling on his back.

Primary Weapon: His father’s chrome DE-10 blaster pistol with its name, “Serenity”, engraved on the side and the name “Vash” engraved on the handle. (See gallery for image)

Secondary Weapons: Sawed-off blaster shotgun. Flash-bang detonator belt. He keeps a vibroknife strapped to his left boot, but it’s more for utility use then use as a weapon. He is also a proficient brawler, having honed his self taught hand-to-hand combat technique through trial and error and long arduous hours of training. His claws are strong and sharp enough to be used as weapons and are a key part in his hand-to-hand style of fighting so he wears fingerless gloves so he doesn’t have to trim them as often. He also isn’t beyond using his sharp teeth in a fight if he is desperate enough.

Abilities: For reasons unknown even to him, the Force doesn't flow through Marik. Unlike others, who are unable to feel the Force simply because their connections to it are not strong enough, Marik simply has no connection to it at all. Though extremely rare it's not an unheard of occurrence, but still the cause of such a state is unbeknown to even the most powerful of Jedi. His state gives him an advantage against Force-users, as they cannot sense him through the Force and instead have to rely solely on their five senses when fighting him.

Miscellaneous Items(s): Terminal and security slicing kit and datapad. (Though in most situations he finds that a blaster bolt works just as well.) A pair of goggles that aid him in detecting enemies using a stealth-field generator, heat signatures, and a heads up display that makes slicing easier and aids in aiming. Cigarette pack and lighter. Pazaak deck. His red, seemingly inconspicuous bandanna actually has a compact re-breather hidden on the underside. His personal choice of transport on land is the Flare-S swoop bike. He has gone through many bikes in his time; which is cause of great frustration to Kitten (his personal mechanic) because every time he destroys one, she has to fix it, or upgrade the new one

Personality: At first glance Marik appears to be everything a hero is not and he passes himself off as a calm, yet somewhat cold businessman; but that is only to the people that don’t get to know him on a personal level.

He is honorable to an extent. He has no qualms with his line of work, and never leaves a “good” job unfinished. He dislikes killing, but won’t hesitate to kill if he can’t talk his way out of a situation with his quick wit and silver tongue. He is loyal to his crew before he is loyal to himself, and he would never put them in a situation he didn’t think they were capable of coming out of. He dislikes spice and other narcotics and refuses to use, make, or deal them, though he has no problem smuggling them.

Below the surface he is kind and has difficulty passing up those in need, but will if it puts his friends in danger. He is lighthearted and quick to tell a joke, but he can be extremely serious at times, and makes sure always to be serious when it comes to matters of business; he has a reputation to uphold, after all.

He has recently been recruited by the Republic to run guns past the Imperial blockades; in exchange the Republic pays him and looks the other way when it comes to his criminal activities.

He is an occasional smoker, expert gunslinger, avid Pazaak player, and professional Pazaak cheater.

Goals/Ambitions: To avenge the death of his father, to pick up the pieces of his shattered life and leave the burdens of his father behind, to protect those he cares about, to strike out against corrupt individuals of power and influence.

Beliefs/Further Personality Details:

Marik is a free spirit. He is uncomfortable staying in one place for too long, except when that place is the 'Horizon'.

Marik is of Mandalorian descent.

Marik has the unintentional habit of breaking almost anything and everything he touches. This proves to be a constant annoyance for his friend and personal engineer/mechanic: Kitten.

Marik views his crew as his family.

Marik tries to keep from getting too close to people in an attempt to keep himself from being hurt if something happens to them.

Marik doesn't put much faith in the Republic, or any government for that matter. Though, despite opposing law enforcement from time-to-time, he still views life under the Republic to be better than life under the rule of the Empire.

Marik's carefree attitude and trickster type behavior, though usually genuine, also serves as a mask to hide the tragedy surrounding his past.

Marik opposes the Republic's law enforcement, but is willing to work with them for the sake of the Republic's war effort.

Out of combat, Marik is highly defensive of his companions. He lets others believe whatever they will, but won't tolerate it when people assume to know things they don't.

Marik places high importance on honor, individuality, independence, and freedom.

Marik has a kind heart, which is a type of weakness at times. He will occasionally go out of his way, putting his life on the line, to help others even if he knows there won't be a reward for his actions. He tries never to put those he travels with in danger, but he knows sometimes danger is unavoidable.

If a job goes against his personal morals he won't do it, despite the pay.

He often blames himself for the danger he gets his friends into, even if there was no way he could have foreseen it.

Marik tries his best not to kill unless it is absolutely necessary.

Marik's sharp tongue often gets him into trouble.

Despite Marik's usual good morality, he is generally remorseless when it comes to dealing with Sith, the ones responsible for his father's death, or anyone that harms or threatens his companions.

Marik would sacrifice himself if it meant saving the lives of his friends.

Marik knows the Force is real, but does not view it as anything other than a power wielded by the Force-sensitive. His views regarding the Force as a divine entity are akin to his faith in government. Very low. Marik's state of being void to the Force only enforces his outlook on the matter.

Bad luck and tragedy seem to follow Marik wherever he goes, even when he was little.

Despite his bad luck regarding his life, he has extremely good luck when it comes to odds and matters of chance.

Marik fears for his friends' safety, and worries his past could catch up to him, endangering them.

Marik has no fear of death, and often takes extreme risks. This behavior, sometimes confused with a death-wish, is simply how he approaches situations. He views life as too short, and extends his efforts to the fullest in everything he does. This behavior, however, often leads to injury.

Marik's lack of a fear of personal injury means the easiest way to exploit him is to threaten his companions or innocents. Doing so however, while it might force him into cooperation for a time, enrages him greatly. Many who have tried this method have regretted it all too late.

Theme Songs:

Edited by Natharious

Wow. I'm so happy to see there is a definite art community in SWTOR! Your artwork is beautiful, I actually stopped breathing for a moment when I first saw it :p

Pardon me for asking, but I saw no information about it in your first post... Do you charge for the artwork? Through your Deviant? I'm really interested in requesting (I don't care how far down I am in the list!) and would probably end up coming back again and again and again... I looked on your Deviant and couldn't find anything about prices either, but I'm also very bad at surfing Deviant, I don't exclusively use it.

Edited by Zekiirah

Wow. I'm so happy to see there is a definite art community in SWTOR! Your artwork is beautiful, I actually stopped breathing for a moment when I first saw it :p

Pardon me for asking, but I saw no information about it in your first post... Do you charge for the artwork? Through your Deviant? I'm really interested in requesting (I don't care how far down I am in the list!) and would probably end up coming back again and again and again... I looked on your Deviant and couldn't find anything about prices either, but I'm also very bad at surfing Deviant, I don't exclusively use it.

I'll apologize for answering on his behalf, since it's not really my place to do so, but I've just recently finished asking the same questions.

Requests are no-charge, however they are less detailed than commissioned work. Requests may only have one character, no background, and a basic "picture" pose for the character. Requests come second priority to commissions - obviously because commissions are paid works.

An example of requested work would be the Bounty Hunter Raven Klusto piece or the Smuggler Alexandria Snow piece.

Commissions are higher quality, and they are specifically tailored to the commissioner's request. They have complete backgrounds, environments, more complicated poses, and are of greater detail because more time is spent making them. The pricing for commissioned work varies depending on the specifications of the commissioner. Commissions take first priority and are completed before requests.

An example of commissioned work would be "We Will Prevail!" or "Sensitive Matters".

Edited by Natharious

I'll apologize for answering on his behalf, since it's not really my place to do so, but I've just recently finished asking the same questions.

Requests are no-charge, however they are less detailed than commissioned work. Requests may only have one character, no background, and a basic "picture" pose for the character. Requests come second priority to commissions - obviously because commissions are paid works.

An example of requested work would be the Bounty Hunter Raven Klusto piece or the Smuggler Alexandria Snow piece.

Commissions are higher quality, and they are specifically tailored to the commissioner's request. They have complete backgrounds, environments, more complicated poses, and are of greater detail because more time is spent making them. The pricing for commissioned work varies depending on the specifications of the commissioner. Commissions take first priority and are completed before requests.

An example of commissioned work would be "We Will Prevail!" or "Sensitive Matters".

Thank you Natharious, I appreciate the answer! My previous game had a prominent art community (mostly lavish signatures which, sadly, cannot be used on these forums) and much of it was free, I was uncertain how it would be here.

Heck. I think I'll request one and THEN commission one. I'm a mad art collector... I accumulated over 300 unique signatures for a total of three names :rolleyes: Thanks again, Natharious!

Thanks a lot for answering in my stead mate ^^

Basically its as he mentioned =)

Right now I have some commissions so requests are on a hold for a bit ;)

Still, I like to do both ^^ I loved to draw the smuggler request for example :D

Anyways, your choice ^^ I'll close the request list as soon as it has 20 in it, since it would be unreasonable from me to accept more. It takes time to make them and I dont like to disappoint people =)

Edited by Spartanash

Hehhe I take requests or commissions here too not just my DA site :)

And no, the request list is not filled ^^

Just check the first post and you can keep track of whats going on =)

And here is the quote from first post:

"Request Board:

NOTE: I'll accept up to 20 requests at the moment. It takes time to draw all of them"

Edited by Spartanash