So the newly 50's expect to be treated like royalty because?

Zhaker

This is the response the here in regards to PvP gear being lowered.

So I am taking that people who just reached 50, expected their class to hold their own and win against 50's who have been there for a long time. Are you guys serious here?

This would be akin to saying, being a level 50 I should be able to do nightmare EV and nightmare KP IMMEDIATELY?!?!?!

So if that is the case:

- Why do we have hard Flashpoint modes?

- Why do we have hard or nightmare Operation mode?

- Why do we need to farm them to get Tionese/Columi/Rataka gear?

But before we go there, let's try this scenario:

So say we had no PvP gear (so no BM/Champ/Cent gear at all), so it'd become a PvE gear situation. So are you guys telling me that a fully newly minted 50 would have some chance in hell against a fully geared Rataka/Columni/Tion Geared 50?

If not are you going to lower their stats as well? And you going to lower the dps and enrage timer for the Operations for hard and nightmare despite that its already buggy as hell?

Because this is going to be one big cluster *beep*.

If a new level 50 who has not been PVPing as long as you can spank you then you were not a good PVPer in the first place.

This is when most elitist PVPers would tell you to learn to play.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this is simply getting out of hand, i wasplaying when someone just sayd omg they are going to nerf pvp gear!!!

ok i need to understand something here.

Pll that say that they get beaten up by 50´s with better gear when they get to level 50 simply dont know how to do things.

When i got to level 50 i equiped myself with full epic amor rating 50 gear wich is EASY and got 3 pieces of pvp while i was it! so when i started PVP then was no LARGE GAP OMG THEY ALL KILL ME GOING ON.

IF BW nerfs pvp gear because ppl cant play and whine about it in the foruns i can see a real dark future for things. there is no large gap uf have a dif of 5 or 6 % damage from gear if thats huge....

Level 49 v49 sin, never set a foot on illum yet, about to enter 50s brackets with a huge disadvantage here because one way or the other all the time i spent and comms i litteraly wasted during the process didn't make me earn anything usefull gear wise.

I dare you 50 drama queens teeling me i'm not willing to put in the effort and deserve to get crushed soon as i come in.

Something has to be done so the whole 10-49 pvp experience doesn't turn out to be utterly worthless.

Either make the valor rank increase the commendation cap so we can start with a few more bags, either create a starter 50 gear that requires 40-50 valor to be worn.

And while we are at it, make the centurion gear actually require to be centurion, and the champ gear... to be champ.

Come on Bioware, please look at the valor system and give it some meaning, because RNG bags + meaningless valor will eventually drive people out of pre 50 pvp.

This is NO work = reward.

I agree with the valor change on cent and champ ger, but you are going to have this discussion all over again cause I have seen valor level 30 and below in full champ gear and valor level 55+ in blues and greens.

The real solution is to input lvl 50 only mods, armoring, hilts/barrels, etc, either crafted or warzone/merc comm bought to put in the lvl 40 modable pvp gear. But thats too hard to do then just tearing stats on gear down.

Clearly, BW is not afraid to make waves. Rather than rewarding the folks that currently put the time in and now have the expertise advantage, they are taking their game in a direction that rewards the majority of people that do not.

This shows that they are listening to the complainers on the forums. I just wonder if this is going to spread to other things that people complain about like Sorcerors, Tracer Missiles, and faction imbalances. I am guessing that it will. Regardless of how you feel, they seem to have plans to changie their game to appease the most vocal groups of people.

You might be jumping the gun a litte.

well i did a WZ recently where 3 guys were running like headless chickens and doing rubbish dmg ,ofc we were losing.

I decided to look at their gear and 2 of them wore 3-4 pieces of green armor.Seriously green ,you can buy level 50 blues for few k on market!

I pointed it out to them and told them to do dailies or buy better gear on the market but their response was older 50s should support them and help them gear!

Now come on they did not even make an effort to gear up at all ,so if BW feels they need to lower gear so we all wear rubbish you can count me out!

Seriously BW whose fault is it that this people refuse to do simple dailies or spent a few k on market ?

Reconsider any nerf and trust me in a few months when this same guys are decked in full champ/BM they will turn on you faster then a dog gone rabid!

Edited by ranlaen

And since the argument seems to be always the same its not a question if a new level 50 can beat u or not when he reaches 50, most of them go pvp once they reach 50 with level 40´s green gear FFS. its a question of rewarding does that do pvp longer, i play 3 to 4 hours a day afater i get out of work and have been farming for Battlemaster since i reached 50, didnt have pvp gear and didnt have a problem with it, and im not even a good pvpr since im a keyturner so how the hell cant other ppl do the same as me ?!?! i never had a problem with better equiped pvp players so i really dont get it!

And since the argument seems to be always the same its not a question if a new level 50 can beat u or not when he reaches 50, most of them go pvp once they reach 50 with level 40´s green gear FFS. its a question of rewarding does that do pvp longer, i play 3 to 4 hours a day afater i get out of work and have been farming for Battlemaster since i reached 50, didnt have pvp gear and didnt have a problem with it, and im not even a good pvpr since im a keyturner so how the hell cant other ppl do the same as me ?!?! i never had a problem with better equiped pvp players so i really dont get it!

And some people find ramming their repeatedly into hard objects enjoyable too.

That doesn't mean that you have to impose that on the rest of the population.

You might be jumping the gun a litte.

I don't think so. The nerfed Ops/Smugs didn't they? They obviously are monitoring these forums and seeing what people are complaining about. I am sure they are having discussions on Sorc/sages as we speak. Not sure how I feel about all that...

Oh, and a (big) point:

1) WE DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW IF THEY'RE GOING TO NERF BM. MAYBE THEY'RE JUST BUFFING CENTURION.

So...calm down you gearwhores.

They are nerfing expertise, while at the same time making it easier to get full cent in a couple days, full champ in another 2 days and full BM almost automatically when you get 60 valor.

Imposing...lol your argument is that someone that reaches level 50 should have the same gear that someone thats doing pvp for alot longer than u, thats just stupid!

and dont come and say that champion gear is alot better that epic level 50 pve gear cause that also stupid no one is eaten alive at elvel 50 unless they are full with greens !

They are nerfing expertise, while at the same time making it easier to get full cent in a couple days, full champ in another 2 days and full BM almost automatically when you get 60 valor.

links?

Because the only dev thing I read was very vague.

Imposing...lol your argument is that someone that reaches level 50 should have the same gear that someone thats doing pvp for alot longer than u, thats just stupid!

and dont come and say that champion gear is alot better that epic level 50 pve gear cause that also stupid no one is eaten alive at elvel 50 unless they are full with greens !

On my BM character I kill fresh 50's in all oranges really, really easily.

I kill PvE geared people really easily too.

And no, my argument is not that a fresh 50 should have the same gear as me. Nowhere did I say that. My argument is that the gap from centurion to BM should be reduced, and that centurion should be a lot easier to get.

If you arent willing to make the effort win based on skill instead of gear, you dont deserve anything more than to be smashed in pvp.

See what I did there?

TRUTH! If you are a skilled PVP'er than you wouldn't give 2 ships about this nerf.

Edited by arbehrends

Except that PvP is supposed to be about player vs. player, not player vs. player's gear.

Only a small percentage of pvp'ers actually understand this nowadays. I think WoW's pvp system must have corrupted people's minds or something because it seems like now all people wanna do is grind gear to "get better in pvp"

What if I find truly ironic about the situation is that all the true pvp'ers have been saying that they don't want the gear to be such a massive influence on fight outcomes at the same time that the baddies have been complaining they get pwned too fast. Bioware addresses this by saying that they're going to level the playing field a bit and all hell breaks loose with trash forum posts complaining about the changes. I believe that most of the complaints are stemming from the mentality that having full pvp gear makes you good at pvp.

The good point that is made however, is that care must be taken as to not make the PVE gear better or equal to pvp gear for pvp purposes, I agree with that fully.

In my opinion, a good pvp gear system would allow for a player to get their full pvp set very quickly so that new max level characters can join the fight without feeling they need to claw their way up a muddy hill and potentially driving good pvp'ers away. The benefits to excelling at pvp should be vanity-based not stat based because providing stat rewards to an already excellent player creates an elitist group of players that can't be touched.

Ow boy here come the true pvpers saying they dont care about gear and that u can nerf all u want, there is no amazing diference in pvp from epic 50 gear to champion gear that just not true, what i dont like seeing around here is that ppl that reaches 50 exagerates saying that they are like grey mobs to the other 50´s and after a few days whining in the foruns we get a gear nerf!!! The Princeple is wrong ! thats what i dont like to see...but hei go ahead cause the true pvper dont care about gear just give it all up at level 50...

Ow boy here come the true pvpers saying they dont care about gear and that u can nerf all u want, there is no amazing diference in pvp from epic 50 gear to champion gear that just not true, what i dont like seeing around here is that ppl that reaches 50 exagerates saying that they are like grey mobs to the other 50´s and after a few days whining in the foruns we get a gear nerf!!! The Princeple is wrong ! thats what i dont like to see...but hei go ahead cause the true pvper dont care about gear just give it all up at level 50...

If I'd had it my way, they would have made the best pvp and pve gear amazing looking and left it at that. You want your character to look great, you put in the effort and you play well. That's it, the only difference that should exist at all.

Strangely, Bioware never called me up to ask what I thought they should do about pvp gear, though. Oh well.

Awww Prinz I expected better from you.

You know me and you know I pvp. My brother and his friends are the people I'm arguing for you've only got a couple of bits more pvp gear than me.

Find me ingame or on TS then and i ll solve your "gear problems" ...for real

Yea I better 'learn to play' because I go from being top medal winner on my side 10-49 to being stomped all over at 50.

Logically of course the fact I hit 50 and suddenly get put against people with Battlemaster/Champion gear couldn't at all be the problem. I'm just that crap I'm suddenly playing against all the awesome people who vastly out skill me and I better just keep mindlessly throwing myself at them until I eventually get 'better'.

I'd rather not 'learn to play' and I'll stick to PVP on my low level alt against all the other **** people like me since I seem to stand a chance against them. But thanks for the suggestion.

If you were top medal winner, then obviously those lvl 10's you were rolling will be calling for your level 49 to be nerfed so they can be more competitive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.