So the newly 50's expect to be treated like royalty because?

Zhaker

this is too funny... whine whine...

I dont care about them closing the gear gap... good premades will still roll over bad players or bad premades...

too many of you guys want an easy win... is it the gear or the player that wins? by some of your responses it sounds like its the gear that wins it for you...

see I like to think its me who wins and not the gear... so I WANT the gear gap shrunk... And I promise you our guild will still DO GREAT...

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you would rather roll people then have a competitive match ?

I'd rather have a match in 2-3 minutes than wait 45 minutes for one.

I can go into that lower bracket in lvl 20 pvp gear and still win. Why, cause I know how to play my class and counter act the vs class. No amount of gear will help an idiot win or stay alive. PvP isnt fixed or scripted like PvE. Some understanding of all classes is needed to sustain yourself. Being lvl 50 in greens and complaining about the gear gap shows that people want a free pass to pvp gear. They dont want to learn how to play against any other class and counter act their options.

I didnt race to 50 through pve and want my pvp gear given to me. I didnt beg, cry and complain how I was getting eaten by someone better geared than me. I learned from that to become a better player.

It's funny, really.

In PvE, difficulty curve for fresh 50 players is "Lol, faceroll=>Easy=>Challenging=>Hard=>Nightmare".

In PvP, for fresh 50s, the difficulty curve is "OMG I WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP I CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT BEING 2-SHOT!=>Nightmare=>Hard=>Challenging=>Easy=>Lol, faecroll with 600 Expertise".

Nope, nothing wrong in here. Absolutely nothing.

/sarcasm

With my PvP gear, I destroy PvE 21-23kHP tanks in *Vigilance* (the spec that can be dodged and shielded) soec faster than can I destroy a 16500-17kHP PvP Sorcerer. Expertise either needs a nerf, or it needs to be more accessible to fresh 50s.

Yep, i'm currently arrived at 544 Expertise. I think it's the Easy - Lol spot against everyone without it.

But don't bother. Derpy will tell you that pve has progress so we need progress to just for the sake of it (and ignoring the inverted nature of progress between pve and pvp).

Shring the freaking gap by buffing Centurion and Champion not by nerfing BM and Champion...

and tbh there is no real gap in 20 and less expertise per piece....please

Think we are losing to the carebears that havent figured out pvp is a world different than rolling a boss.

I'd rather have a match in 2-3 minutes than wait 45 minutes for one.

I can go into that lower bracket in lvl 20 pvp gear and still win. Why, cause I know how to play my class and counter act the vs class. No amount of gear will help an idiot win or stay alive. PvP isnt fixed or scripted like PvE. Some understanding of all classes is needed to sustain yourself. Being lvl 50 in greens and complaining about the gear gap shows that people want a free pass to pvp gear. They dont want to learn how to play against any other class and counter act their options.

I didnt race to 50 through pve and want my pvp gear given to me. I didnt beg, cry and complain how I was getting eaten by someone better geared than me. I learned from that to become a better player.

while i can't speak for everyone , I did well in the 10-49 bracket .

you can try to hid in the group as much as you want but eventually some one will see your squishy and kill you . you can't outplay some one hitting you for 1/3 your life i don't care what people say .I do well in civil war cause i hide on the balcony lol .

Mod some freaking gear with purples and earn your gear like the rest of us. If you're skilled you'll do fine, expertise is not THAT insane and it suffers from DR.

On another note I'm looking forward to the change between starter gear and Rakata gear, since I don't want to gear my alt for operations. Herpy derp.

Edited by Luxidenstore

Think we are losing to the carebears that havent figured out pvp is a world different than rolling a boss.

dude ... the bad thing is that all companies listen to pvers ...

Half the ppl in this thread have never open their character tab and watch the differences in switching gear ... if you start asking ppl here what alacrity, power, surge rating is and how affects chars they will not be able to answer you.... they only feel bad because they get pwned in pvp....

Skill is not only to be able to push a button faster... Character tuning is also important and there should be differences....

All i read is the qqs of butthurted people because they got pwned by someone in a warzone or in open world.... and they think that it is only the gear.

I was getting top DPS in warzones with Centurion and crafted with battlemasters in the group... sure there were people doing better than me with better gear but it was not only the gear ....

Game's only a couple months old. No one has been there for a "long time". :rolleyes:

Personally I'd rather a new 50 have a shot at me, no matter how long I've been playing or grinding gear.

PvP in which the winner is predetermined by gear is boring and pointless. I'm happy the Devs are making these changes.

signed, not much to add there...everybody claiming PvP is about gearing has no clue about PvP.

while i can't speak for everyone , I did well in the 10-49 bracket .

you can try to hid in the group as much as you want but eventually some one will see your squishy and kill you . you can't outplay some one hitting you for 1/3 your life i don't care what people say .I do well in civil war cause i hide on the balcony lol .

I did well when there were no brackets and cent+ geared people against me. I didnt start pvp at 50 or even 20, 30 or 40. I pvp'd my way with the exception of class quests and at 46+ when I had 1 bag, 1000 merc and war comms, all my companions geared in level 40 pvp gear. And I couldnt benefit fully from pvping anymore.

Was it frustrating to get rolled when I hit 50 and others were better geared than me? Yes, but I have not and will not cry for a nerf or fix of gear. I learned to move away from people that were hitting me hard. I learned to use defensive cds. I have gear now, 5 champ, 1 blue 40 belt and the rest cent gear. I am the one rolling now, doesnt matter if you are full BM, I will roll you. Main reason: I learned how to utilize the warzone and my class skills better when I was gearing up.

dude ... the bad thing is that all companies listen to pvers ...

Half the ppl in this thread have never open their character tab and watch the differences in switching gear ... if you start asking ppl here what alacrity, power, surge rating is and how affects chars they will not be able to answer you.... they only feel bad because they get pwned in pvp....

Skill is not only to be able to push a button faster... Character tuning is also important and there should be differences....

All i read is the qqs of butthurted people because they got pwned by someone in a warzone or in open world.... and they think that it is only the gear.

I was getting top DPS in warzones with Centurion and crafted with battlemasters in the group... sure there were people doing better than me with better gear but it was not only the gear ....

you are correct 100%...

so then the changes in the gear wont affect you a bit will it?

so you will still be a great pvper like you said you are and this change wont affect you?

so why the whining then?

I am a player that pvp only ... now i have a chance to get the best pvp gear in game... when the time comes because i play the pvp content ...

If they nerf the pvp gear and make me pve to be competitive in pvp it will be the day that i will unsuscribe...

I just don't get why they want welfare gear at 50. The 50 PvE gear would give you better stats than that and it requires no risk from enemy action to get, just need to learn PvE boss start and put up with a bit of RNG in their tactics. With the PvE gear can then progress pretty nicely into your PvP sets and will do much better.

you are correct 100%...

so then the changes in the gear wont affect you a bit will it?

so you will still be a great pvper like you said you are and this change wont affect you?

so why the whining then?

You still dont get it do you?

The whine is because if they nerf the PVP gear more then they will create a HUGE gap with the PVE GEAR...

do you want me to spell it? what dont you understand? Rakata gear is already stronger than battlemaster man.. a nerf will increase the gap more...

I have no problem to be handicaped on a level against people that have pvped more than me .... but for sure I DO CARE if i get huge handicap against people that PVE!!!!!

Edited by Princz

I've said it before, I'll say it again. New players entering into PVP is the life blood of PVP, once new players stop giving a crap PVP dries up, it's happened in every MMO that's tried this dumb PVP stat method.

Lucky Trion seemed to get this point and have just put forward tactics to change this problem and make PVP more viable for new players to come and fight with better geared PVPers. Even better, Bioware seem to have understood this issue early and are at least trying to ease the gap.

I'm heavily geared and my only two options in PVP should not be, wear my gear and 4 shot people without it, or take it off and get 4 shotted by people in it. That just leads to stagnation like WoW (why anyone would play WoW for PVP when there was DAoC though is well.. whatever) or even death of PVP in so many other MMOs.

The whine is because if they nerf the PVP gear more then they will create a HUGE gap with the PVE GEAR...

do you want me to spell it? what dont you understand? Rakata gear is already stronger than battlemaster man.. a nerf will increase the gap more...

I have no problem to be handicaped on a level against people that have pvped more than me .... but for sure I DO CARE if i get huge handicap against people that PVE!!!!!

and PVE rakata gear is for? PVE? right? I mean seriously... its stats might be a bit better but I still wouldnt wear it... I like the BM with my expertise... and the fix is to lessen the gap between new players entering 50 or with cent gear and BM gear...

as of now its too huge.... a new player entering in can barely scratch a player wearing BM...

I did well when there were no brackets and cent+ geared people against me. I didnt start pvp at 50 or even 20, 30 or 40. I pvp'd my way with the exception of class quests and at 46+ when I had 1 bag, 1000 merc and war comms, all my companions geared in level 40 pvp gear. And I couldnt benefit fully from pvping anymore.

Was it frustrating to get rolled when I hit 50 and others were better geared than me? Yes, but I have not and will not cry for a nerf or fix of gear. I learned to move away from people that were hitting me hard. I learned to use defensive cds. I have gear now, 5 champ, 1 blue 40 belt and the rest cent gear. I am the one rolling now, doesnt matter if you are full BM, I will roll you. Main reason: I learned how to utilize the warzone and my class skills better when I was gearing up.

I didn't say i wanted free gear / easier grind or that the bm gear should be nerf'd , other then the split bracket would make it more competitive, making it easier for fresh 50's to start out.

idk guess i'm just used to wow where you don't get farmed by glads in lower brackets , and there is starter pvp gear to help you get a foot in the door .

(not a wow fanboy btw canceled my sub last month )

Most dont get it.

maybe some numbers would help, but I'm thinking they would be blinded by the trees to see the forest. Or is it the other way.

Guess I'm going to have to start showing up on pve days to learn that crap to pvp. And wait a week for Tera beta to start.

Maybe even see what the sun looks like or something. TBH, when you hit 50, you get a decent chance to get the 2nd best pvp gear in game. The same chance as a valor 60 has to get battlemasters gear.

I dont understand all the qq about being a fresh 50 and blah, blah blah. Someone even suggested that you can run pve stuff to get some gear to start pvp w/o greens.

Most dont understand that you can have 6 champ bags once hitting 50 as well. But its easier to qq on the forums than to look that up.

a new player entering in can barely scratch a player wearing BM...

not true... unless it is a player with blue crap on... then he has noone to blame but him self.

Centurion and BM gear has 0,5% overall difference in expertise per piece...no?... Centurion mods are weak...

Buff centurion mods a bit and everything is cool....

Btw have you seen Rakata gear at all?

Edited by Princz

Being treated like Royalty?

Is this supposed to be a joke?

It is exactly the other way around.

- Ilum got nerfed, no more easy mode dailies and weeklies, but real effort.

- Champion Bags get nerfed, no more Champion equip.

So the gap is already big, and becomes even bigger. Not only did the early birds get high Champion gear percentage, but they got it from laughable killtrading and turretshooting on Ilum.

So now if you get 50, be prepared to be a victim for quite some time, unless your side is really good.

and PVE rakata gear is for? PVE? right? I mean seriously... its stats might be a bit better but I still wouldnt wear it... I like the BM with my expertise... and the fix is to lessen the gap between new players entering 50 or with cent gear and BM gear...

as of now its too huge.... a new player entering in can barely scratch a player wearing BM...

You still dont get it.

I can put on my rakata gear, go into a warzone and own BM geared. Now the up coming patch is going to make that gap bigger. Why grind to BM when i can raid and get better gear.

This is like the xbox 360..........

The warzones I'm in, I see maybe 1 or 2 new 50s. They should figure out how to run with the group and not attacking solo.

As to barely scratching a BM, I can and will call ******** on that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.