Assault Plastique is a big disappointment...

Figmentus

Instead of giving you a new skill like all other classes and trees, your 31 point skill in assault is a sticky grenade. A skill you get at like lvl 5. Can't use both, because they share a cooldown and only does 300 more damage. Really? Does it do extra damage to burning targets? nope... Does it set targets on fire? nope... does it add a debuff to make targets more susceptible to fire? nope... Can you use it and sticky grenade? nope...

Gunnery gets Demolition round, Combat Medic get another heal, Assault... gets a new rank of sticky grenade that doesn't augment the play style the tree requires. g g

how effing lazy...

end of qq

Instead of giving you a new skill like all other classes and trees, your 31 point skill in assault is a sticky grenade. A skill you get at like lvl 5. Can't use both, because they share a cooldown and only does 300 more damage. Really? Does it do extra damage to burning targets? nope... Does it set targets on fire? nope... does it add a debuff to make targets more susceptible to fire? nope... Can you use it and sticky grenade? nope...

Gunnery gets Demolition round, Combat Medic get another heal, Assault... gets a new rank of sticky grenade that doesn't augment the play style the tree requires. g g

how effing lazy...

end of qq

You forgot to mention that its a version of sticky grenade without the aoe damage.

You're new to the Plastique huh.

Well lets put it this way. Just as an example.

The level 50 dailies have situations where you have say two 15k mobs and a 34k mob in a group (and in fact up to four 34k mobs and a few 15k mobs in a group).

Gonna rambo them all at once?

If you want to Concussion Round the 34k elite and knock off the lower level ones first you're kinda screwed if you think you can throw a AOE sticky grenade in there.

With Assault Plastique you can stun a mob and kill a second and third mob right next to it without breaking the stun at all.

Obviously you don't JUST use the Plastique but if you have any plans on using a grenade near a stunned target, that's what you use.

I am indeed familiar with Assault Plastique, since I have been using sticky grenade in the manner you describe for the past 35 levels! I am merely pointing out how lazy the skill design is, by creating a skill that shares a cooldown with a skill you already have. Leveling to 40 should reward you more than just 300 more damage than a skill you have had from the beginning.

Not to mention sticky grenade has an aoe knockdown on weak targets that Assaul Plasti-crap does not.

On a slightly lighter note why the hell does a grenade cost ammo? Makes no sense...

Edited by Figmentus

Commando/BH are also the only adavanced classes in the game without an ability interrupt.

Oh don't get me started on not having an interrupt. I played 3 other characters before this one, and had my key binds all set up, left a spot open for where my interrupt would go, got to 30 and was like, "...what the hell why don't I have my interrupt yet..." check trainer....he tells me NEVAR!

So in pvp, I get my cryo grenade, that's it. Not to mention the assault tree doesn't get a skill to reduce the cooldown on our 3 second stun LIKE EVERY OTHER PVP TREE!

While Imperial Operatives gets a knockdown, a 3 second stun, and a 8 second stun, and an instant agro dump in their vanish ability and also a snare.

No slow, no snare, no interrupt, and a FUGLY ship. Seriously fire the guy who designed the trooper ship, then fire the guy who approved it, and while you're at it fire the guy/girl who, back in college, told the guy who designed it, "you know you should go into video game design..."

republic side really is the other sister...

(man I qq a lot, I should go back to playing empire, I didn't start whining until I rolled republic)

I guess I don't know how to play commando then.. Please enlighten me as to what skill is the commando's snare?

Gunnery tree talents give Full Auto a snare effect, or you can get a snare effect on the Plasma Cell dot through the Assault tree. Also Concussion Charge has a short snare effect.

As for interrupting you've got your Cryo grenade or you can use the talented Stock Strike or Concussion Charge to interrupt their casting. You've got to get a little creative but you do have options. In the meantime you have impressive ranged damage and the ability to heal so no one's feeling bad for Commandos/Mercs. They're a ton of fun and in a really good place compared to several other AC's in this game who are hurting.

Sweltering Heat Talent.

I guess it is my mistake, shame on me for thinking that a 2 second slow was not a snare... whoops my bad!

/sarcasm off

Also I realize that gunnery offers more interrupt potential, I was referring to the assault tree though.

I guess it is my mistake, shame on me for thinking that a 2 second slow was not a snare... whoops my bad!

/sarcasm off

Also I realize that gunnery offers more interrupt potential, I was referring to the assault tree though.

First, what are you defining a slow and a snare as? In all the years that I've played MMO's slow=snare. Second you stated in a previous post that Commandos get no slow or snare. It's been pointed out that we do.

If you think Sweltering Heat is trash you're bad. I won't argue that the Gunnery snare is lackluster at best. I also wish we had an interrupt(as does everyone in my guild). Hell, I agree with most eveything you posted about Assualt Spec.

Edited by Naters

Umm sweltering heat is amazing. Aoe knockback which snares the target, incendiary, sticky, high impact, run around while using hammer shot with plasma cell on and just keep kiting them around. If they happen to get close, your aoe knockback should be up..use that..rinse and repeat.

I am indeed familiar with Assault Plastique, since I have been using sticky grenade in the manner you describe for the past 35 levels! I am merely pointing out how lazy the skill design is, by creating a skill that shares a cooldown with a skill you already have. Leveling to 40 should reward you more than just 300 more damage than a skill you have had from the beginning.

Not to mention sticky grenade has an aoe knockdown on weak targets that Assaul Plasti-crap does not.

On a slightly lighter note why the hell does a grenade cost ammo? Makes no sense...

The manner I describe was about stunning one mob with Concussion Round and killing another right next to it.

The reason you sounds like you're NOT familiar with Assault Plastique is that if you (as you say) have been using a Sticky Grenade on a mob next to a Concussion Round stunned mob... You wake up the stunned mob again and thus lose the entire point of the stun and the point of using Assault Plastique.

Edited by Gyronamics

Gunnery tree talents give Full Auto a snare effect, or you can get a snare effect on the Plasma Cell dot through the Assault tree. Also Concussion Charge has a short snare effect.

As for interrupting you've got your Cryo grenade or you can use the talented Stock Strike or Concussion Charge to interrupt their casting. You've got to get a little creative but you do have options. In the meantime you have impressive ranged damage and the ability to heal so no one's feeling bad for Commandos/Mercs. They're a ton of fun and in a really good place compared to several other AC's in this game who are hurting.

Try cryo grenade, shockstrike, concussion charge, or even concussive round on a pve boss or a target that is at full resolve.

Cryo is a STUN on a one minute timer, not an interrupt.

Shockstrike and concussion charge are knockbacks, not interrupts.

Concusive round is a sleep, not an interrupt.

Stop trying to confuse the issue with nonsense.

Commandos need support love, plain and simple.

Edited by Warkyd

Try cryo grenade, shockstrike, concussion charge, or even concussive round on a pve boss or a target that is at full resolve.

Cryo is a STUN on a one minute timer, not an interrupt.

Shockstrike and concussion charge are knockbacks, not interrupts.

Concusive round is a sleep, not an interrupt.

Stop trying to confuse the issue with nonsense.

Commandos need support love, plain and simple.

This :D

I've also been looking into a hybrid 3/13/25 to see how that works. I give up Burnout in AS for Concussive Force and GR in Gunnery. I might change my mind about GR though and put at least a single point back into Burnout. Something is better than nothing.

I've also been looking into a hybrid 3/13/25 to see how that works. I give up Burnout in AS for Concussive Force and GR in Gunnery. I might change my mind about GR though and put at least a single point back into Burnout. Something is better than nothing.

Thats my build except dont use gr, better off using charged bolt when full auto is on cooldown to try to get high impact to refresh. I alternate between ap and plasma cells. Usually stick to ap since it makes high impact free to use and hit like a truck. Constant crits for 2.8-3.5. Lot of mobility and the knockbacks are great.

Gonna try a medic/assault when it's cheap again. All the assault skills I use with my current built but 12 in medic. Focus on shield, break snare, uninterrupt, no pushback quick reuse shield. Lose knock back tho