Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Randomly healing people

Mirdthestrill

Sometimes when I go to the republic fleet, I just start randomly healing completely uninjured people.

Pointlessly.

What I want to know is, people's responses are pretty hilarious, but is it rude to follow people around and do that?

Edited by Mirdthestrill

If it's a bount hunter doing it with their free heal, it's annoying as hell. You ever head the sound clip for that heal? Then heard it constantly, over and over and over? Especially while in a conversation because it overwhelms the NPCs voice.

So yeah it can be kinda rude at times. Wasn't so bad in WoW, when a lot of heals were casts, a short animation and short/quiet sound to them.

Random healing with the incumbent sound effects could be annoying.

Of course, I buff everyone who walks by me at all times, so I'm probably just as bad.

Oddly enough, the annoying sound effects remind me of Ragnarok Online... where you see casting and buffing all around you in succession. Sometimes it overpowers even the background music (Which I love a lot). That, and the massive flood of chat.

I'm also guilty of buffing random people. I think it's helpful... but I only buff them near dungeons or instance areas... In SWTOR's case, my character's level is low, so I don't think I have a buff skill yet. :D

In SWTOR's case, my character's level is low, so I don't think I have a buff skill yet. :D[/color][/font]

Actually, the first buff you get (dependant on class) is a percentage buff, so it stays relevant the entirety of your play career and is just as useful cast on a Level 50 as it is on a Level 1, regardless of your personal level.

I always click on random people I'm passing by while out questing and give them my class buff if they don't have it. it lasts an hour and it's useful, why wouldn't you?

Following people around and spamming pointless stuff like heals in social areas could be considered harassment, which is against the TOS, so be careful!

You log in to waste time doing something totally pointless and useless.

It's like the idiots who jump on their speeders at the fleet and begin following players who are buying or doing something worthwhile while bouncing up and down on them.

And all, just to see the reaction of other players. This is their idea of fun.

Makes no sense.

Edited by RikHar

Sometimes when I go to the republic fleet, I just start randomly healing completely uninjured people.

Pointlessly.

What I want to know is, people's responses are pretty hilarious, but is it rude to follow people around and do that?

People are talking about sound effects and such, but I have my music turned almost all the way off, and the random sound effects turned down ultra low. TBH, if I was at the fleet, I'd probably not even noticed if I'd been healed.

Or just mail them the stuff.

Dear lord, such an obvious idea and yet it never occurred to me! Why throw away half the stuff you're going to vendor when you could mail it to newbies just by sitting in one of the starting areas and noting down a few names. They may not even realise who it comes from if you write a well-written note to go with it, thinking it's another mission update thing from an NPC!

I am so doing this next time I log in. :D

Actually, the first buff you get (dependant on class) is a percentage buff, so it stays relevant the entirety of your play career and is just as useful cast on a Level 50 as it is on a Level 1, regardless of your personal level.

I always click on random people I'm passing by while out questing and give them my class buff if they don't have it. it lasts an hour and it's useful, why wouldn't you?

Following people around and spamming pointless stuff like heals in social areas could be considered harassment, which is against the TOS, so be careful!

Well, it's not so much that as following people for a short time until they either start healing me back, or jump on a speeder or go up an elevator.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.