Anni Marauders getting a buff...on test now proof inside.

Badlander

30-50k healing on a good match? You should hit the 75k+ mark almost every game. You need better Zen uptime.

Perhaps the games you're playing on people don't know how to focus fire or complete objectives. I played in a Huttball last night where the opponents were all under 100k damage and healing and were the bottom end of the damage/healing charts.

They 6-0'd us because they were all about cc, control, and passing. Most fights I play in people don't just stand around like practice dummies.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 15% base damage increase and assuming about every third tick is a crit with a 30% crit damage bonus and 80% surge rating will boost dps significantly on bleeds.

Before posting all this math you should see this live on the test realm, dps is increased overall on bleeds.

the standard tick will be less, but the crits will be much much larger. There may be times you get less crits, but those times when you get those lucky rolls will be nice.

The purpose of this patch is that melee classes are using scattered builds to compete and not utilitzing the 31 point builds as much.

It seems this patch is trying to give incentive to going really deep in th tree. the 6% increase wasn't nearly as good as the hybrid spec for marauder. A straight 15% increase, with the crit change on bleedout means, that we can't just take bleedout and move along to other trees shortly after. Again, this is a dps increase designed to get anni marauders to stay in the anni tree.

I play a 50 assassin also and they are doing the same thing to that skill tree.

That's great for annihilation marauders, but us carnage folks can now only switch to annihilation. Carnage does need some kind of a buff, whether that be on ataru procs, gore, or some other ability I'm not sure, but it needs to happen.

It seems this patch is trying to give incentive to going really deep in th tree. the 6% increase wasn't nearly as good as the hybrid spec for marauder. A straight 15% increase, with the crit change on bleedout means, that we can't just take bleedout and move along to other trees shortly after.

You speak as if a hybrid spec for a Marauder is even a legitimate concept.

By this I take it you don't play the class and are talking out of your other orifice.

You speak as if a hybrid spec for a Marauder is even a legitimate concept.

By this I take it you don't play the class and are talking out of your other orifice.

I was confused by this too. Not getting to the end of a tree, ANY tree as a marauder totally cripples your damage output. I mean, where would a carnage spec be without massacre and can an annihilation spec get by without annihilate? I doubt it. If you haven't gottan to the end of a tree you're not doing it right.

This person is trolling. I'm a battlemaster and i hardly ever break 300k. On a good match i barely make it over. One time i hit 400k but that's it. As for healing 30-50k on a good match. Troll on...

or maybe your just bad? there have been many posts of pics with 500k+ dmg hell weve seen sorcs do 700k+.. u fail terribly if your bm geared mara doing 300k

or maybe your just bad? there have been many posts of pics with 500k+ dmg hell weve seen sorcs do 700k+.. u fail terribly if your bm geared mara doing 300k

Or maybe hes actually winning the matches and not fighting pointlessly?

Troll on bro. Troll on.

Or maybe hes actually winning the matches and not fighting pointlessly?

Troll on bro. Troll on.

assumptions are like ******es.. everyone has one no body likes them... and your apparently an ******e for assuming i lose all my matches or that the other 500k+ maras do.... look at the screenshots they post once in a while? it looks like victory at the top. gj guy with an invalid response

assumptions are like ******es.. everyone has one no body likes them... and your apparently an ******e for assuming i lose all my matches or that the other 500k+ maras do.... look at the screenshots they post once in a while? it looks like victory at the top. gj guy with an invalid response

You dont have to be upset. Im merely pointing out a fact. Victory or not those people more often then not stacking their damage usually are not going for objectives. Doesnt mean they werent carried either way... i can beat on a healer for an entire match never kill him/her and have my damage skyrocket, doesnt mean i helped achieve victory at all..

You dont have to be upset. Im merely pointing out a fact. Victory or not those people more often then not stacking their damage usually are not going for objectives. Doesnt mean they werent carried either way... i can beat on a healer for an entire match never kill him/her and have my damage skyrocket, doesnt mean i helped achieve victory at all..

you didnt state a fact... you assumed... and the guy even said he got top in objectives ect ect doing 500k. im not mad like i said assumptions are for ppl who cant find facts

you didnt state a fact... you assumed... and the guy even said he got top in objectives ect ect doing 500k. im not mad like i said assumptions are for ppl who cant find facts

Facts are relative, youve not stated one fact the whole time youve been arguing, those are your own assumptions, and youre right everyones got 'em.

But here is a fact, You dont need to be #1 500+k in damage to win a match, In fact you dont have to kill anyone at all. Put that on your bagel and eat it.

So I just skipped all the pages and math hoping to see a conclusion towards the end on whether or not this is a minor buff or nerf.

People are too busy flinging their E-peens at each other >:/

People cant seem to agree on the math, but for the most part alot of people are getting a "nerf" conclusion using their math.

I wouldnt know unless i can test it live and have some way to track my damage so im not going to even bother theorycrafting.

the 15% base damage increase and assuming about every third tick is a crit with a 30% crit damage bonus and 80% surge rating will boost dps significantly on bleeds.

Before posting all this math you should see this live on the test realm, dps is increased overall on bleeds.

the standard tick will be less, but the crits will be much much larger. There may be times you get less crits, but those times when you get those lucky rolls will be nice.

The purpose of this patch is that melee classes are using scattered builds to compete and not utilitzing the 31 point builds as much.

It seems this patch is trying to give incentive to going really deep in th tree. the 6% increase wasn't nearly as good as the hybrid spec for marauder. A straight 15% increase, with the crit change on bleedout means, that we can't just take bleedout and move along to other trees shortly after. Again, this is a dps increase designed to get anni marauders to stay in the anni tree.

I play a 50 assassin also and they are doing the same thing to that skill tree.

wrong, wrong and wrong

crits won't be "much much larger". Are you stupid? (legitimate question) Ticks are now getting 36% higher dmg due to bug, after patch they'll get 15%. Instead you'll get higher surge. High crit of smaller base dmg will NOT be higher than lesser crit of higher base damage. You can't do basic math functions at least use windows calculator. There WON'T be a dps increase. Stop filling everyone's head with your nonsense!

Edited by Precurso

Wow there is just so much bad math out here is not even funny. lets get a few things correct here.

Current hemo gives yout 2/4/6% base damage to your bleed effects

after patch:

Hemo will be 5/10/15% a net increase of 9% base damage to your bleed effects.

Current Bleed out is suppose to give you 15/30% increase to the critical strike damage of your bleed effects.

after patch:

Hemo now correctly modifes the critical damage by bleed effects. NO MENTION of this be lowered to 15% only that they are fixing the problem of it not correctly applying the critical strike damage to the bleed effects.

This means you are NOT losing any criticial strike damage to bleed its still at the 15/30% for Hemo. Please note that if you are currently getting over the 30% crit damage listed then it is a bug and has to be fix. That is NOT a nerf its a correction.

So, YES, this is a buff to anniliation mara's.

Edited by Mujina

Facts are relative, youve not stated one fact the whole time youve been arguing, those are your own assumptions, and youre right everyones got 'em.

But here is a fact, You dont need to be #1 500+k in damage to win a match, In fact you dont have to kill anyone at all. Put that on your bagel and eat it.

i didnt say u couldnt do only 300k and be viable or win a match... he said we were trolls and liars who only say we can do 500k+. so i told him to look at others picture... no where did i say he wasnt viable. I see now you put words in peoples mouth's to make your points viable which failed miserably... keep trolling elsewhere pls ty

oh and i did actualy state FACT... thast its possible to do 500k when he said you couldnt... get on the right page and u may see this... pics have been posted numerous times i was only correcting him

Edited by Warlordomega

It's a nerf. Right now with talents all bugged you are getting 134% damage on all your dots with no extra crit damage. (bleedout wasn't working on crits...instead it just increased ALL dot damage by 30%) When you crit, with zero surge it would be for 50% more...so 202% (134 * .5 + 134)

After they fix bleedout and buff whatever it is at the top of anni...it ends up being

115% normal ticks with 80% crits soooooo. (115 * .8 +115= 207) so 207% dot crits.

So we're taking a roughly 20% nerf to our normal ticks to gain a 5% buff to our crits. If this somehow magically works out to be a slight buff, i would be *********** amazed.

i didnt say u couldnt do only 300k and be viable or win a match... he said we were trolls and liars who only say we can do 500k+. so i told him to look at others picture... no where did i say he wasnt viable. I see now you put words in peoples mouth's to make your points viable which failed miserably... keep trolling elsewhere pls ty

oh and i did actualy state FACT... thast its possible to do 500k when he said you couldnt... get on the right page and u may see this... pics have been posted numerous times i was only correcting him

Listen. Bro. I dont know why you feel it neccesary to continue this argument. But you again missed my point, When i replied "Maybe he was actually trying to win the match" You usually Dont on average hit above 300k unless you are part of a premade roflstomp crew AND go for objectives at the same time.

Examples

1. Huttball Usually 6- 0 first 10 - 20 minutes, not much fighting going on there. Good games go even 1-0 or even 3-3 tons of fighting but mostly exchanges between ball carriers.

2. Voidstar, this is usually the place where you can see the highest numbers, defending each place for the longest period of time and then losing it and moving on to the next defense point, 2 main choke points, resulting in massive fights (rage usually wins you the damage medals here) Again, this is if youre LOSING. If youre winning you win in 5 minutes and bust through the enemy team in an epic victory. then wait the 2 minutes to defend and own. I havent been in a match where its been even on void star, my own experience.

3. Alderaan. Its AB in WoW, we all know how that goes. people defend and run around and defend and run around. Unless youre fighting in the middle for a half hour you wont see those numbers and actually win the match.

KTHXBAI.

Can we move on to the actual topic?

Whose math is right? biowares? or these random people?

Listen. Bro. I dont know why you feel it neccesary to continue this argument. But you again missed my point, When i replied "Maybe he was actually trying to win the match" You usually Dont on average hit above 300k unless you are part of a premade roflstomp crew AND go for objectives at the same time.

Examples

1. Huttball Usually 6- 0 first 10 - 20 minutes, not much fighting going on there. Good games go even 1-0 or even 3-3 tons of fighting but mostly exchanges between ball carriers.

2. Voidstar, this is usually the place where you can see the highest numbers, defending each place for the longest period of time and then losing it and moving on to the next defense point, 2 main choke points, resulting in massive fights (rage usually wins you the damage medals here) Again, this is if youre LOSING. If youre winning you win in 5 minutes and bust through the enemy team in an epic victory. then wait the 2 minutes to defend and own. I havent been in a match where its been even on void star, my own experience.

3. Alderaan. Its AB in WoW, we all know how that goes. people defend and run around and defend and run around. Unless youre fighting in the middle for a half hour you wont see those numbers and actually win the match. as for VS yea its really easy to get the dmg there no matter what spec you are... alderan its also easy to get if u get the cap on middle and left... they are gona zerg one or the other and its only a 10 second walk from 1 to the other so massive dmg there as well

and my response was it can be done and still do all the "viable" stuff... your lack of knowledge amazes me... man i wish i knew where you played a 20 min huttball. as for alderan its really easy to get 500k. btw im not your "bro" k? you throw insults and misleading info around.. you put words in other peoples mouth just to try and make a point viable... its not cool. if hes doing 300k but being an asset by all means good for him. my point was you can do 500k and still be viable.

Edited by Warlordomega

You need to stop making these blatant accusations. I did not put words in your mouth, you are misreading and taking offense to a statement you yourself instigated, and now youre just insulting me, im trying to be relatively logical but you dont want to understand my point, and thats fine, ignorance is bliss. I never once said you CANT hit 500k, i was stating that to do so would mean usually ignoring objectives.

can we agree to disagree and stop having an epic light saber duel with our e-peens? This is just getting tiresome.

Edit: Just wanted to quote you for reference

"or maybe your just bad? there have been many posts of pics with 500k+ dmg hell weve seen sorcs do 700k+.. u fail terribly if your bm geared mara doing 300k"

Edited by Hoseman

You need to stop making these blatant accusations. I did not put words in your mouth, you are misreading and taking offense to a statement you yourself instigated, and now youre just insulting me, im trying to be relatively logical but you dont want to understand my point, and thats fine, ignorance is bliss. I never once said you CANT hit 500k, i was stating that to do so would mean usually ignoring objectives.

can we agree to disagree and stop having an epic light saber duel with our e-peens? This is just getting tiresome.

Edit: Just wanted to quote you for reference

"or maybe your just bad? there have been many posts of pics with 500k+ dmg hell weve seen sorcs do 700k+.. u fail terribly if your bm geared mara doing 300k"

"Or maybe hes actually winning the matches and not fighting pointlessly?"

Troll on bro. Troll on.

see right here you assumed... you didnt say he might be fighting pointlessly you assumed he was already. im not insulting you stop changing your story... it can be done 500k+ on any warzone and still be viable... u can do 300k and still be viable... just because you do 500k doesnt mean your fighting pointlessly. b4 you make another statement make sure your not backtracking and rewording..