Who would win Star Wars or Warhammer40k

KingKolKappi

Its like the Movies.

First SW is winning then suddenly Revenge of Warhammer! And then they are in control for 20 years.

Then SW's writers who pull things out of thin air, create a Galaxy Ending Machine and then there is SW's New Hope.

But then Warhammer pulls out its Space Marine. Warhammer Strikes Back!

And then GL decides he has had enough and just buys Warhammer and its the Return of SW!

But then, to make more money, he funds the creation of a video game called Dawn of Warhammer!

In the expansion, Galactic Assault, the Galaxy Far, Far Away counterattacks.

But then, in the next expansion, Warp Crusade, the Forces of Chaos join in!

Finally, in "Forcestorm", the Force Itself awakens to banish Chaos back to the Immaterium.

So judging by that I'm not the only one that can't help giggling every time she sees a wild Nerf, then.

All good points - I may have had some math failures earlier. :U Trying to quickfire math before coffee and while running analysis on something entirely unrelated (ADD multi-tasking is weird some days) tends to do that. I'm gonna give deference on some of the hard numbers on that stuff.

Nah, I didn't actually see any math failures. It's all mostly estimates anyway. ;)

Hmm, maybe we should start calling for a "grox", i.e. "This class is OP, it should be groxed." Hmm...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a Jedi Knight vs Grey Knight battle. I think the GK would take it, but I think it would be a pretty epic battle.

Depends on if the Knight was a Librarian or not.

Vortex of Doom or Warp Rift would almost be a 1-hit KO for the Librarian right off the gate.

If they had any other setup of powers, it would be more interesting. But it'd depend mostly on what loadout the Librarian had, I suppose. Brain Mines or Digital Weapons would give them a serious edge up.

Comparing Star Wars to Warhammer 40k is much too broad. Both universes encompass so much that you can't just have a blanket match up. We can however compare similar themes and have fun thinking how a confrontation would go.

Examples:

Galactic Empire vs. The Imperium of Man

A Jedi vs. A Space Marine Librarian

The Yuuzhan Vong vs. The Tyranids

Boba fett vs Kharn the betrayer

Kharn wipes the floor with him.

Boba fett vs Lucius the eternal

Boba wins and then becomes Lucius?

Obi Wan vs Angron pre heresy.

Offense vs defense, would be a good fight to watch.

Comparing Star Wars to Warhammer 40k is much too broad. Both universes encompass so much that you can't just have a blanket match up. We can however compare similar themes and have fun thinking how a confrontation would go.

Examples:

Galactic Empire vs. The Imperium of Man

A Jedi vs. A Space Marine Librarian

The Yuuzhan Vong vs. The Tyranids

Galactic Empire vs the Imperium, really I think it would boil down to in the end who lost the least. We're talking two Empire's who have a Galaxy full of resources to throw at one another. In my eyes whoever 'wins' would just win a ruined galaxy after the war ends.

Jedi vs a Librarian, I'm 50/50 on this one. Really some how I think it would come down to both of them yelling at the other about how they are really the servant of chaos. Ya know before a Clone Trooper or Marine comes in and shoots one or the other.

Vong vs Tyranids, the Tyranids would have a nice lunch and move on.

Jedi vs a Librarian, I'm 50/50 on this one. Really some how I think it would come down to both of them yelling at the other about how they are really the servant of chaos. Ya know before a Clone Trooper or Marine comes in and shoots one or the other.

On the latter bit, with Librarians being sanctioned psykers, I imagine the Marine would probably prefer the guy that's clearly either Daemonically possessed or an alien psyker of some variety.

And even factoring in that blasters are closer to plasma guns of some variety, it'll take a bit more then that to drop the Librarian for sure (at best, blasters are the exact same as Tau Pulse rifles [also plasma based], and Strength 5 [will wound easily, but armor saves/invulnerability saves mitigate the effect]. At best, they're Strength 7 with high AP [most SW ground armor can stop anything but direct hits with blaster fire, as written, less so on-screen] and still be subject to armor/invulnerable saves).

Of course, this is assuming just one guy comes along. Both Clone Troopers and Marines have a habit of roaming in packs, after all. Less clear cut in that case!

Totally agree about 'Nids vs. Vong, though. The Yuuzhan Vong are too 'humanoid' to have a ghost of a chance, though it'd be awesome to see the action. Whoever wins, though, both galaxies lose. Money is on the Tyranids (who would get so many new toys to play with as a result of this).

Galactic Empire vs the Imperium, really I think it would boil down to in the end who lost the least. We're talking two Empire's who have a Galaxy full of resources to throw at one another. In my eyes whoever 'wins' would just win a ruined galaxy after the war ends.

Vong vs Tyranids, the Tyranids would have a nice lunch and move on.

Wouldn't the Vong losing to the Tyranids mean the Imperium would win against the Empire since the Imperium is capable of at least halting the Tyranids for a short time, while in Star Wars the combined effort of the galaxy plus the arrival of the living planet Zonama Sekot was necessary to defeat the Vong

Wouldn't the Vong losing to the Tyranids mean the Imperium would win against the Empire since the Imperium is capable of at least halting the Tyranids for a short time, while in Star Wars the combined effort of the galaxy plus the arrival of the living planet Zonama Sekot was necessary to defeat the Vong

I'm pretty sure when the Vong arrived the Galaxy was pretty ****ed up already. If it was like, Post-Cold War Republic I doubt the Vong would have had as much of an impact.

I'm pretty sure when the Vong arrived the Galaxy was pretty ****ed up already. If it was like, Post-Cold War Republic I doubt the Vong would have had as much of an impact.

Isn't it canon or something that weapon tech during and after the Galactic Civil War is vastly superior to that in the Old Republic, and that the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant together is a formidable force.

Isn't it canon or something that weapon tech during and after the Galactic Civil War is vastly superior to that in the Old Republic, and that the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant together is a formidable force.

I don't know.

I was just assuming with all the political turmoil going on the Galaxy must have been extremely fragmented at the time that the Vong invaded.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the Star Wars universe really has same lame military capabilities. The only formidable things they have are Death Stars with obvious and convenient flaws and the force.

Edited by Faerox

I don't know.

I was just assuming with all the political turmoil going on the Galaxy must have been extremely fragmented at the time that the Vong invaded.

They were, but then the external threat arrived and everyone joined hands to collectively attack the Vong, still near a loss until they killed the Supreme warleader and brought in the living planet

Was still awesome seeing mandalorians, stormtroopers and jedi fighting side by side and back to back

They were, but then the external threat arrived and everyone joined hands to collectively attack the Vong, still near a loss until they killed the Supreme warleader and brought in the living planet

Was still awesome seeing mandalorians, stormtroopers and jedi fighting side by side and back to back

And then the Stormtrooper slit the Jedi's throat from behind, the Mandalorian shot the Stormtrooper in the gut, and reborn Palpatine number 46 exploded a star causing it to go super nova and destroy the entire solar system that the Mandalorian was in?

Edited by Faerox

Orkz vs Vong might be a more "equal" fight as both are humanoid.

I think Orkz would take it though, I don't think the Vong are prepared to fight a race that enjoys fighting.

I think that's actually the Orkz biggest advantage over anyone. They all REALLY like to fight. Not even necessarily win, just fight.

I) Comparing the God Emperor of Mankind and the Golden Throne of Terra to any other imahginary galaxy is heresy and the inquisition will have a word with you about that.

II) Hive Fleet arrives over Dromund Kaas. 'Nids will have that planet for breakfast. Then the Empire of Man declares a triple D status on the planet and virus bombs it from orbit.

loadz) We iz da orkz and you iz not

Orkz vs Vong might be a more "equal" fight as both are humanoid.

I think Orkz would take it though, I don't think the Vong are prepared to fight a race that enjoys fighting.

I think that's actually the Orkz biggest advantage over anyone. They all REALLY like to fight. Not even necessarily win, just fight.

'Wot? Dem boyz fink dey're big and stompy enough to take on Orkz? Where's my axe, time ter show'em Orkz is biggest, baddest, STOMPIEST.'

Still sayin' (say it every time we bring up Orks): I would pay money to see them go into an all-out brawl with the Mandalorians. It would be glorious.

The funny part is that in a lot of ways, warhammer's lore basis is what starwars is LIVING in right now. Warhammer is about a stagnating civilization that is too afraid to move on to something new in fear of losing what they know and fear of the future. Starwars? We still see the god damn falcon in every other cut scene and the universe's cliches are in every game/movie/show, nothing ever changes.

That said, warhammer by far wins. As it deals in realistic consequences for people's actions. Chaos is driven purely by all emotion of every living thing, every good/bad feeling you have gives power to some god.

+ there is orks. Any IP with a race that uses technology that works only because a large group of them THINK it works is just grand.

Fun topic. I'm with 40k here. First, space marines. These guys are basically super humans in super powerful armor. I mean, gaping holes in their chests don't phase them. Second, titans >> at ats. Third, force user are probably neutered voids. Fourth, imperium does not pull punches, they pretty much only focused on survival. Morality is like a non issue. 40k dark age tech is >> star wars rakata tech. We have cryogenic grenades and they have singularity grenades. Finally, planet destroying weaponry is like kindergarten frolics for 40k. Star wars went all bonkers over one lousy death star. Edited by Mycrof

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.