The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Upcoming Sith Inquistor Changes

Laurien-Wriroh

Sith Inquisitor

Assassin

All Saber Charges now cost 100 Force.

Lightning Charge’s Discharge now also deals damage when applied. Overall damage dealt by this ability has not changed.

Darkness

Charge Mastery: No longer increases the duration of Lightning Charge’s Discharge effect. It now increases the damage dealt by Lightning Charge.

Energize: This skill now also triggers from Assassinate. It now triggers from damage dealt (rather than ability use) such that each hit of Assassinate, Thrash, and Lacerate have an individual chance to yield the Energize buff. The chance to trigger has been reduced to 30% per hit.

Harnessed Darkness: Stacks of Harnessed Darkness now last 30 seconds. Using Wither now yields a stack of Harnessed Darkness.

Deception

Induction: Now requires the Surging Charge skill to be purchased and requires that Surging Charge is active in order to trigger the Induction buff. This skill now also triggers from Assassinate.

Madness (Shared Tree)

Crackling Charge: Now additionally lowers the cooldown of Discharge while Lightning Charge is active.

Raze: Now triggers from activating melee attacks that hit a target affected by Lightning Charge’s Discharge effect. This effect now triggers more easily but cannot trigger as frequently.

Death Field: Heals the caster for 1% of maximum health for each target struck. This healing effect can no longer crit and no longer consumes Recklessness charges.

Devour: Now doubles the amount of healing generated by Death Field and Parasitism.

source http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260938

Discuss

Edited by Laurien-Wriroh

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a nerf to one of the three most lack luster ACs on everyone's list. It's a big nerf to hybrid specs. We will be penalized 100 force for switching stances.

Reducing Energize's proc rate from 50% to 30% is a big hit to the dps of darkness spec and the nerf to Induction is another slap in the face.

And the nerfs to Madness are just plain rediculous.

I don't think I've ever seen a "nerf assasins" thread, so, why all the hate BW?

This is what happens when you let a company that has never done an mmo before hire failures from Mythic to design pvp. This crap doesnt surprise me at all.

I give it 6 months before pvp is so stale and watered down people wont even play it.

Edited by Daedricshots

These changes make 0 sense. Deception gets 1 buff that increases are killing power when someone is sub 30%, the rest of the trees get crapped on. Leave the tank tree alone. Make raze proc if lightning charge is active (not discharged on a target). Trying way too hard to make hybrids not worth it.

If people feel the need to play hybrids you probably designed the top tier of the tree badly or made the bottom too good. Make wither better so tanks stop going induction or into the madness tree.

Edited by Nocorras

This is what happens when you let a company that has never done an mmo before hire failures from Mythic to design pvp. This crap doesnt surprise me at all.

I give it 6 months before pvp is so stale and watered down people wont even play it.

Yup, not a dam thing wrong with sorcs, according to the vast multitudes of FOTM button mashers that play them.

Induction only in surging charge ? What are you smoking BW ? Why the fk you nerf assassin who is already underpowered ? We wear light armor ***! Buff Insulation then!! *** are you doing ? Our damage is plain, if we cant live while being DPSed - we cant damage in pvp.

*** are you smoking ?

Go examine deception dps rotation, we lack darkness energy regen, we lack healing abilities, we lack agent openers, just why the fk you nerf what if already nerfed ?

Assasin is my only character, I have no intension on playing another class...

So they buff Watchman/Annihilation which destroy me as a tank (!), nerf Shadows/Sins who I don't really feel very strong as I play one and I've played against some and leave Sorcs untouched.

I'm not complaining but this is just hilarious.

I don't see how this was a nerf to overall damage, this was obviously intended to un-hybrid Assassins and Shadows.

Go try some pvp then bark. The only pvp stance for assasin is darkness charge due to armor buff, now its not. Thank to this idiotic patch..

Go try some pvp then bark. The only pvp stance for assasin is darkness charge due to armor buff, now its not. Thank to this idiotic patch..

Nothing was changed to Darkness Charge. I'm slightly confused as to what you're complaining about.

This ******** makes no sense.

This 100 force to stance change was the same ******** that WoW did with warrior stances (except this one is MUCh worse, because in WoW, you just burned all your range to change, but in this one you need to wait for FULL energy then change..WHAT?)

And, only 5 years later, do they realize how *********** ******e ******* that is, so they give skills to reduce the range cost so that I think you can now swithc stances with little rage penalty at all.

Anyways, I do not understand this change at all, they are basicalyl saying that there's goign to be 1 way to play assassin, and that's IT. It was looking like a reasonable class to play because of the variation in style, but .. i hate to say this, but I'm getting sick of this ********.

Bioware, i was a BIG BIG defender...I always said that you looked at the data and made appropriate changes, but what is this ****? WHAT IS THIS ****? This is the most AVERAGE class in the enitre game, no one EVER complains about it one way or the other...and you just want to scramble the eggs or something?

This makes no *********** semse.

Seriously, if they nerf sorcs/sages they tick off 50-75% of their player base...

Nerf stealthers....they upset 10-15%...

It's just business.

The "ask the audience" option on who wants to be a milliaire is statistically rarely wrong. This has to do with two averaged guesses being more accurate than one guess and If you average enough guesses then invariably you will get the right answer almost every time.

How much of the population chose sorc/sage? That should answer your question as to which class is the most powerful and actually needs adjustment.

But as stated before. Its about making money.

ROFL!

I haven't been playing for the last few weeks because... well, this isn't the thread for the **** bags/ability lag/huttball/exploits/resolve blows/etc...etc...

I have been waiting to see what they do. I haven't had much faith in BW from the start, and this kinda killed it. Assassins are prolly the worst class in pvp at the moment, and by no means OP in PvE. With all the other problems that are causing ppl to leave they decided to nerf the weakest class?

I never doomsay. In fact, I've made posts making fun of doomsayers, but this makes it really, really hard to have hope in this game.

SHOULDA MADE 8 SINGLEPLAYER GAMES AND NOT BEEN BLIZZWARE!

Nothing was changed to Darkness Charge. I'm slightly confused as to what you're complaining about.

Will you sop being that stupid ?

Induction: Now requires the Surging Charge skill to be purchased and requires that Surging Charge is active in order to trigger the Induction buff. This skill now also triggers from Assassinate.

Now think again, use your brain.

Will you sop being that stupid ?

Now think again, use your brain.

So... really all that's happened is that Hybridization is being nerfed. Exactly as I said.

The DPS spec is now SUPPOSED to use the DPS Sabre Charge. What's wrong with this?

And please, there's no need to be so inflammatory. I'm just trying to understand why you guys think the sky is falling.

So... really all that's happened is that Hybridization is being nerfed. Exactly as I said.

The DPS spec is now SUPPOSED to use the DPS Sabre Charge. What's wrong with this?

And please, there's no need to be so inflammatory. I'm just trying to understand why you guys think the sky is falling.

Whats right in wearing LIGHT ARMOR as a melee class ? Not to mention we do NOT DO high spikes unless target is naked ? We are now way under smugs/ops/mara(medium armor), jugs/bh(heavy armor) and are put in the row with sorcs, however we dont have strong range attacks and dont have bubbles. Is that the answer you expect ?

Edited by Cleavy

only sorc nerfs needed are the stuns, roots, op shield, op healing as dps spec, force run, and knock backs. melee cant even touch a sorc. punt back and heal to full then lol all the way to the wz wins.. nerf all those alibities across the board by 30% of what they do now.

only sorc nerfs needed are the stuns, roots, op shield, op healing as dps spec, force run, and knock backs. melee cant even touch a sorc. punt back and heal to full then lol all the way to the wz wins.. nerf all those alibities across the board by 30% of what they do now.

You do understand that force speed is shared by both assasins and sorcs ? You want more nerfs to assasin ? When do I leave, cuz this is getting bad to worse...

Whats right in wearing LIGHT ARMOR as a melee class ? Not to mention we do NOT DO high spikes unless target is naked ? We are now way under smugs/ops/mara(medium armor), jugs/bh(heavy armor) and are put in the row with sorcs, however we dont have strong range attacks and dont have bubbles. Is that the answer you expect ?

It really is the kind of answer I expected, unfortunately. Hyperbole abound.

Anyways, as for why you have light armor, you're trading utility for it. AoE and Single Target Taunt, a Gap Closer, Guard, and a 3 second Saber Guard. These are only baseline abilities, of course. If you want a higher armor rating with less utility, roll an operative.

Edited by Sherpova