What's the pros and cons between Lethality Operative VS Lethality Sniper?

NEStheONE

They share the Lethality tree. There are minor differences. And I know that it comes down to the other skills that compliment it and etc.

But, playing a Lethality Operative VS playing a Lethality Sniper... what's the key differences really?

Tactical Advantage. You gain one charge each time you use Shiv, Hidden Strike or kill an enemy. You can have up to 2 charges at any time. Having TA up increases your damage slightly. Some abilities requires and uses a TA charge.

Lethalithy operatives are in no way weaker then lethalithy snipers though. Kolto Injection, Evasion removing all harmfull effects, Toxin Scan just to name a few things.

Can someone explain this "evasion removing all harmful effects" to me please?

My tooltip does not say that it removes harmful effects and I see no talent to make this happen. Am I crazy or something? Is this just something that it "does" without being listed?

Can someone explain this "evasion removing all harmful effects" to me please?

My tooltip does not say that it removes harmful effects and I see no talent to make this happen. Am I crazy or something? Is this just something that it "does" without being listed?

At level 24, you train a passive skill called "Avoidance Training." It makes it so that Evasion removes all harmful effects.

Do those skills also require accuracy?

I don't know about snipers but as Lethalithy OP you don't gain very much from accuracy since your dots and about 50% of culls total damage is internal which is only affected by power/tech power and cunning.

... lethality has abilities based from weapon damage ...
Lethality have Ranged Attacks that deal the same damage type as your weapon (Energy).

Actually not sure where the listed damage on your weapon come into play. :o)

Ranged (and Melee) Attacks that deal same Damage Type as your weapon have their own listed damage. Including, but not limited to, your free filler attack.

Do those skills also require accuracy?
Yes, all Ranged Attacks and Melee Attacks have a base chance of 90% which is reduced by target defense and increased by your accuracy.

Concealment Operatives have almost only tech attacks.

Marksman Snipers have almost only ranged attacks.

Lethality Agents have a mix of both. Lethal Snipers care a bit more about accuracy than Operatives. But Cull is a signature ability and it can be dodged if target have enough defense or if you have too little accuracy. Operatives have an inherit 15% stronger Overload Shot and that too is a Ranged Attack.

Corrosive Dart, Corrosive Grenades, Fragmentation Grenade and Shiv (and hidden strike and backstab if lethal operative) are tech attacks.

Weakening blast, Cull, Rifle Shot and Overload Shot (and Series of shots, Shatter Shot and Leg Shot if lethal sniper) are weapon attacks.

Edited by Xenon-se