PvP daily should be 30 medals instead of 3 wins.

Kogarvandalin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a story that some may find relavent to the discussion ..

A few days ago I got invited to join a group looking for a healer for warzones. I didn't recognize the name of the person asking so I took a leap of faith and joined the group.

I may not have recognized the name of the person who did the invite. But I did recognize the other players in the premade. They were a couple of the best PVP geared guys on the server on Imperial side.

So I jump on their vent and we do a series of warzones together. When Huttball would pop, you would think these guys were taking a stroll down the park. They had huttball down to a science. They would get the ball to the Battlemastered geared SW tank who would do his flying leap to the goal line. He would then sit there and wait for the rest of us to get to the ball spawn site. As soon as we had it covered, he would cross the line and we would retrieve the ball. At that point it was just a matter of meeting him in the middle, handing the ball off to him and having him repeat his flying leap to the goal line.

The tank had such high damage resistance, killing him was almost impossible. Multiple players had to attack him together just to have a chance at killing him. Throw in some heals from me or another healer and the game's fate was sealed.

And three minutes later when we had the match all but wrapped up with scores, what did we do?

We let them carry the ball just so we could get medals. We farmed the hell out of the opposing team who had no chance of scoring because we had the basics covered. We had a grappler, a speed runner, and force jumper. They had no chance of scoring and all because of the actions of just three players.

The funny thing about this story ...

When it came to the other warzones these guys took the absolute opposite approach. They talked of sitting the match out or AFKing. And considering the number of Huttball matches that hit on a given day versus the other two, the average player wouldn't even realize that this group of Huttball heroes were only half ***** playing in Voidstar or Aladraan. Because their actions in winning Huttball would be well remembered beyond the occasional bad match in the other two warzones.

And now it comes down to the point of this story ..

It doesn't matter what you do. Count medals or count victories. It is going to take you an equal amount of time to meet your objective. The ones who always win at matches are also the ones who always tend to have the highest medal counts as well. So change the rules if you like, but you all but guarantee that matches will turn into killing fields as people spend 15 min not winning objectives but simply adding to the kill counts.

Frankly, we already have that now. If I want an open slaughter fest, I will go to Ilum for my pvp needs. But if I want a challenge and the risk of an honest defeat, I will hit the warzones and put my skills to the test.

When the only goal is to increase damage done, nobody focuses on survivability. The two are counter to each other. so what you end up with is 15 minutes of respawning and little else.

I know the medal system isn't the best and 30 medals will take longer for some. I've won huttball by running and passing the ball and receiving 1-2 medals.

But as it is now, it takes a long time to get the 3 wins, because people leave or just give up. Deserter debuff would only fix the the people leaving. People will still give up.

I PvP cause I want to fight the other player and really objectives are nice but for the most part people are too dumb to understand not to fight away from the objectives.

Hmm this could definitely take farming to new heights!! lol /sign

Are people so bad they can't get high medals *AND* help their team win?

I *CONSISTENTLY* get a minimum of 9/10 medals a match(maxed out at 15 right now). (The off chance I choose the wrong turret to defend in Civil War I sit there doing nothing and get 4-5).

The only class I could see potentially having an issue is Heal spec'd well...healers. (But then IMO they need more medals past 300K Healing which is another thread of issues)

Th rest should be just fine.

I actually like this idea, it puts in a method that helps all players. PUGs might just have bad queue RNG and fight a premade over and over. Least this gives them some incentive.

Edited by exphryl

It would take most healers 10 games to do this. Go away.

As a healer ... probably more than ten. It takes a full length match for me to hit 300k healing. So I will probably hit the 2.5 heal right off the bat, hit the 75k healing mark within the first 5 minutes, but struggle to get either the 5k heal or 300k healing.

So unless it is Civil War and I defend a node, my chances are slim of getting more than that.

Make it a 3 wins or 250 medals for the daily and 9 wins or 750 medals for the weekly

Those are drastically different "ors" there.

If you averaged 10 medals a game, which most people don't. Then it would take you 25 and 75 matches repectively to complete those quests. No one plays 25 PvP matches a day, or at least I hope not.

Compare that with 3 wins or 9 wins and we are talking about huge differences.

It would either ahve to be like the OP said, 30 medals and 90 medals respectively.

The flaw with this is healing doesn't give enough medals, which is complete BS anyways. Fix that BW and then this option becomes conceivable.

Why does it have to be one or the other.

Why not make the daily.

win 3 warzones

then one that is

complete 15 Warzones.

the weekly becomes

win 9 warzones

then one that is

complete 45

rewards go like this.

Win gives current champion/bm bag choice

complete x amount gives a straight 5 champion or 15 centurion (for the daily) and 15 champion commendations (weekly)

what this does is allows those consistently losing to gear up to a champion suit, however that's the max you can go. BM is still only attainable by winning. The difference between champion and bm is low enough that this would eventually lead to a more level playing field

However here is the issue with this, if you do this people who are lazy will just afk for the 15 warzones.

The key is we need RANKED 8v8 Premade warzones so those of us that are looking for competive pvp can get ti and those people looking to just play can in fact "just play"

Such a bad idea.

I wish lost matches would result in ZERO medals

so people would finally care about objectives.

They won't.

Once they lose a couple of games in a row they will stop participating. They might return after a few days but, if they keep losing consecutively again, they will stop playing permanently. This is the ugly side of the PVP gear grind system.

Yeah this is the most retarded thing their is. What the hell do you get objective points for if not for scoring or helping score.

I have figured out one thing you get them for at least - attacking the person holding the ball

I dont know about 30 medals....but personally I think the daily should be a certain amount of games played instead of games won - then keep the weekly the way it is with 9 wins - sometimes I cannot get the daily done because I PUG - I do plan to try and get into a PvP guild but as of now I have to get lucky to finish that daily

Edited by Torn

Those are drastically different "ors" there.

If you averaged 10 medals a game, which most people don't. Then it would take you 25 and 75 matches repectively to complete those quests. No one plays 25 PvP matches a day, or at least I hope not.

Compare that with 3 wins or 9 wins and we are talking about huge differences.

It would either ahve to be like the OP said, 30 medals and 90 medals respectively.

The flaw with this is healing doesn't give enough medals, which is complete BS anyways. Fix that BW and then this option becomes conceivable.

My bad. I said medals but what I meant was commendations. 250 Medals for the daily would indeed be insane.... If you get 250 commendations (which I figure is 6-7 matches in most cases) before you get 3 wins you are done or if you get 3 quick wins you are done.

You either don't know the answer or don't want to tell me. Which one is it?

I'm not even sure what you are asking. I play to win. Period. There is no other reason I play. It is not for fun. It is not for personal satisfaction. It is not to make my character have better pixels. It is not for a fancy title or to brag on the forums. I play to win. What is possibly hard to understand about that?

Such a bad idea.

I wish lost matches would result in ZERO medals

so people would finally care about objectives.

If losing gave 0 medals no one would stick around after the first turning point and no games would end.

Sit in queue to have it pop, when you are getting 3 capped in Civil war, 5 to 0 hutt ball, or bomb planted on second door and you're still flying in. 0 medals thanks for being in queue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.